Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warlords of Draenor Stability Updates and Hotfixes, Friday US and EU Maintenance

Update - All realms are now live!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    11:03- All realms are now live. We'll continue keeping a close eye on performance and see you in game!

Warlords of Draenor Stability Updates
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    [Update 6:01 pm PST]
    We’re continuing to work toward greater realm stability and address the service issues impacting latency. Our current biggest hurdle is the concentration of players in specific areas and zones, and an unexpected effect of that concentration on the realm stability. We’re continuing to maintain a lowered realm population cap to help with the stability, which is resulting in increased queue times. We’re seeing some increase in individual zones drop which are causing localized player disconnections as we get into primetime in the Americas, and if someone is disconnected they will quite likely run into a queue to log back in. Work is progressing on improving realm stability through fixes targeting individual in-game issues, as well as on the backend game and network services.

[Update] 8:00 pm PST

Our top priority continues to be service issues impacting performance and long wait times on North American realms. We recently pushed a server change that caused disconnects, and as a result login services are heavily impacted as players attempt to (re)log in to the game. If you experience issues logging in, please be patient and wait a few minutes before trying again. We’re continuing to work to address other stability and latency issues as well as make additional improvements in game performance.

[Update] 9:00 p.m. PST

We’ll be performing maintenance on all NA realms beginning at 5 a.m. PST in order to address issues with realm stability. We anticipate this process will last approximately 4 hours and appreciate your patience during this time.

US Realm Maintenance 11/14 5 a.m. PST
    We’ll be performing unscheduled maintenance on all NA realms beginning at 5 a.m. PST in order to address issues with realm stability. We anticipate this process will last approximately 4 hours and appreciate your patience during this time.

EU Realm Maintenance 14/11 7 a.m. CEST
    We’ll be performing unscheduled maintenance on all EU realms beginning at 7 am CEST in order to address issues with realm stability. We anticipate this process will last approximately 4 hours and appreciate your patience during this time.

Newly Boosted Characters and Bypassing the Skill Unlock Process
    If you’ve recently boosted a new level 90 character for Warlords of Draenor, you will start within the blasted lands with a limited number of spells at your disposal. Once you go through the Dark Portal and as you progress through Tanaan Jungle, more spells and abilities will be unlocked. Once you’ve completed Tanaan Jungle, you should have most of your spells and abilities (for level 90) available to you. The remaining will be unlocked shortly after the beginning quests in Frostfire Ridge (for Horde) or Shadowmoon Valley (for Alliance). This system has been designed to help players who have newly boosted to ease into their new character.

If you’re a veteran player and are absolutely sure that you want to skip this progression of spells and abilities, you can either swap specs or queue for an instance. This will unlock the remaining spells and abilities for you.

Garrison Access Issues
    We're tracking a few issues that are impeding access or progression with Garrisons. To address these issues we'll be restarting some Garrison services which will impact access to the Garrison for some realms. While these restarts progress, this may result in characters not being able to phase into the Garrison, or become temporarily stuck while phasing in. This is a temporary effect and should resolve as these services return.

We're continuing to look into other issues outside of this impact on Garrison access, including realm latency and its affect on gameplay and questing elements. We've implemented dozens of hotfixes over the last few hours, and will be continuing to work toward resolution of any outstanding issues.

It doesn't matter if the garrisons are working when we can't even quest do to the ridiculous lag.
    The majority of our fixes are aimed at issues that are resulting in latency. Latency itself is not a singular issue, but is the effect of many compound issues--a few of which are related to Garrisons.

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - November 13
    Update 3: 09:30pm PST
    Classes

Quests
    • Artificer Romuul: Resolved an issue where players may sometimes not receive this quest after completing the Embaari Defense Crystal event.
    • Book Burning: Shadowborne Dementor should now always drop a Shadow Council Spellbook.
    • Shivertail's Den: Made a change to make it easier to receive credit for "Find Shivertail's Mother".
    • The Great Salvation: Draenei prisoners should spawn more frequently now.
    • The Warlord's Guard: Increased the spawn rates for Thunk, Gullok, and Splorg.
    • These Colors Don't Run: Characters now receive credit towards planting a Frostwolf Banner when they defeat or help in defeating a Bladespire Ogre with the exception of Bladespire Mauler, Chef, Boarbuster, Ogron, and Goresnout.
    • Wrath of Gronn: Increased the spawn rate for Captive Gronns.

Creatures and NPCs
    • Collision geometry has been added to Drek'Thar, Thrall, and Gazlowe in Frostfire Ridge.
    • Gorg the Host should now allow multiple players to receive credit for defeating it.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Resolved an issue where item levels for Battlegrounds, Arenas, and Skirmishes brackets below level 100 were not scaling correctly.

Items
    • Epic rings that are a part of the Legendary quest line can no longer be disenchanted.

Update 2: 6:00pm PST
    Quests
    • Adherents of the Sun God: Increased spawn rates for Adherent Bladewing.
    • Dark Enemies: Increased spawn rates for Shadowmoon Voidmancer.
    • Escape from Shaz'gul: Players can now receive completion credit for the quest by defeating Terrorfang at the end.
    • [Requires a realm restart.] Gormaul Tower: (Temporary) Completion credit for the quest is automatically awarded once players reach the top of the hill.
    • Quakefist: Quakefist's health now scales based on the number of players fighting it.
    • These Colors Don't Run: Multiple players can now place a banner on a Bladespire Ogre if they had tap rights.

Creatures
    • Various Kaliri in the Spires of Arak area should no longer be too high off the ground to be attacked.
    • Various creatures should now correctly have a chance to drop fur that could be used for tailoring.

Items
    • Abberant's Paw, Gnarled Goren Jaw, and Redclaw's Gutripper now give a bonus to Spell Power.
    • Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

Update 1: 1:30pm PST
    Classes
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Balance
        • Resolved an issue where the Eclipse indicator in the UI can sometimes not match the Druid's current Balance power.

Quests
    • Back to Work / Looking for Lumber: Greatly increased the number of trees available to mark for both Horde and Alliance versions of the quest. Additionally, Lunarfall Ravens respawn much more quickly now.
    • Closing the Door: Resolved an issue where Void Portals may sometimes not close correctly.
    • Honor Has Its Rewards: The Shamanstone no longer requires characters to interact with it and will grant its blessing to players that are nearby.
    • Quakefist: Quakefist now spawns outside of the cave, making it easier to locate.
    • Ship Salvage / What We Need: Drudgeboat Salvage should now respawn more quickly.
    • The Clarity Elixir: Pristine Star Lily can now be looted by multiple players at the same time.
    • These Colors Don't Run: Greatly increased the spawn rates for Bladespire Ogres and made them share tap credit.
    • Vengeance for the Fallen: Bleeding Hollow orcs respawn much more quickly now.

Creatures
    • Durotan at Beastwatch in Gorgrond is now significantly tougher.
    • Gorum can now be tapped by multiple characters. All players who contributed to defeating Gorum will now become eligible for loot.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Challenge Mode
      • Characters can switch specializations once more after the Challenge Mode has started.

HandyNotes - Draenor
    The HandyNotes_DraenorTreasures addon is especially useful while you are leveling, as there are lots of treasures and rare spawns that give experience, gold, items, and garrison resources. You need the base HandyNotes addon to run the Draenor module.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2014-11-14 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    4 hours?! Aw man...

Deleted
    No toy trains. thats it, im out!

Deleted
    I've had great fun scurrying about discovering treasure and rare mobs; frankly the thought that some people have needed an addon to take them to these places so soon after launch is depressing.

Talk about sucking the joy out of something.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont use the add on if you dont want to??? Handy notes it one of the best addons out there...and it exists since long time ago....grats for your discovery JCBeastie.

On other news.....welcome to WoD fiasco everyone!!!

Deleted
    "Our current biggest hurdle is the concentration of players in specific areas and zones, and an unexpected effect of that concentration on the realm stability."

How is this unexpected? they have had those same issues before, they know what happens when you put the whole server on one zone. I'm very dissapointed at how blizzard is handling this. My character got stuck trying to get into my garrison, now I'm reading they disabled some garrison services. Well, where was the log-in screen ticket informing people of that? I would've never attempted to enter my garrison if I knew that was going on...

The problem here is by design, they should know better now than to cramp a whole server into a single zone... and also, they have a problem of comunication, not everyone is following what they say on twitter, and they have the log-in stickys for a reason!

15+ Year Old Account
    Im very dissapointed and on the edge of saying i quit this game.

Took 2 days off to play this game, now 32 hours not been able to play.

And i bet, even after this maintenance shit wont work eighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    "Our current biggest hurdle is the concentration of players in specific areas and zones, and an unexpected effect of that concentration on the realm stability."

How is this unexpected? they have had those same issues before, they know what happens when you put the whole server on one zone. I'm very dissapointed at how blizzard is handling this. My character got stuck trying to get into my garrison, now I'm reading they disabled some garrison services. Well, where was the log-in screen ticket informing people of that? I would've never attempted to enter my garrison if I knew that was going on...

The problem here is by design, they should know better now than to cramp a whole server into a single zone... and also, they have a problem of comunication, not everyone is following what they say on twitter, and they have the log-in stickys for a reason!
    Quite right and I am sorry, but I cannot believe nobody in Blizzard did a quest lines analysis. Most of us knew from beta where the nodes where, it was also obvious that people would be waiting in front of the portal, it was also obvious that tons of people would want (and will want!), to stay at garrisons for a long time, it is also obvious that putting quest givers or quest objects in certain position/places/objects will always be a problem. Overall, and after so many months in beta, and given the experience that Blizzard staff should have , I am giving them a 3/10 for this release

HandyNotes in Draenor is like having a treasure map with you (if you dont mouseover the icons), I find it very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Im very dissapointed and on the edge of saying i quit this game.

Took 2 days off to play this game, now 32 hours not been able to play.

And i bet, even after this maintenance shit wont work eighter.
    Not planning on quitting WoW but my char been stuck in "Cannot retreive character list" since yesterday evening cause I couldn't stay up for the midnight release, but that's on me...

Funny thing is that I finally manage to get in today @ 6.30 am EU server time and moments later they had the realm maintainance...

What to do, what to do...

I'm horde on Draenor, want to level as horde but my guildies on Magtheridon Alliance are already lvl 100.

Fuck
    Last edited by soliddevil; 2014-11-14 at 07:49 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

What will be interesting is how many subs they lose over this.. Having guildies unable to get in due to queue times is getting ridiculous.. Before I was like meh and so on but now after seeing others problems this will be a definite PR nightmare for them and can only imagine the damage control (if any) they are doing to fix what they created..

Deleted
    an
    unexpected
    effect of that concentration on the realm stability.

Every single time there's an Expansion Blizz talk about "unexpected" side effects, how can it be unexpected, they know how many people play WOW, they know how many have purchased WoD... very frustrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
    I've had great fun scurrying about discovering treasure and rare mobs; frankly the thought that some people have needed an addon to take them to these places so soon after launch is depressing.

Talk about sucking the joy out of something.
    I'll play however I want thank you very much. Once I reach level 100 I surely intend to get these addons and go back to any places that I might have missed to complete my achievements and make leveling my alts faster.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    I wouldn't use those handy notes, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

When questing experience was lag free I enjoyed the questing and exploration SO much, without guides. I don't recall every enjoying questing, now I did (again, ONLY when there was no lag, from about 2am to 11 am)

"concentration of players in specific areas and zones, and an unexpected effect of that concentration on the realm stability" HAHAHA

Maintenance did nothing! No NPCs, no mobs, garrison filled with other people. Insane lag. Totally unplayable.

So here is my story. On Beta I was able to get to the same point my character is at in approximately 3 hours, even with realm restarts. We are now 27 hours after launch and I took time off work to get to the same point. That is 24 hours of frustration, cursing, and finally saying F it and getting some sleep. I did reactivate my second account for a month and used a 90 on that account to get on a low pop realm for about and hour but when I hit 91 and disconnected I lost that trick. I am beyond frustrated by this mess. I had limited time to get the whole race to 100 done and the weekend will be quite busy. MoP release was no where near this nor was Cata or Wrath (I missed BC launch night but I heard it was crazy on my old server because of pvp). These releases saw a split in player concentration between starting zones as well as the DK, worgen, goblin, and panda starting areas. We have seen server instability because of server events like raids on main cities or other concentrated events and now we have over 24 hours of nearly unplayable game time on busy servers because of "unforseen player concentration and latency" which is bull. I work for a communications company and we would have lost every customer we have and had my entire IT team fired for 1/10th of this screw up.

EU is back to being the slave of latency. Taking 4 seconds to cast a Judgment is not cool.

The unexpected part is the effect that the concentration has had on the realm stability, not the concentration of players itself. Since this is a launch and they've done this before, I'm willing to bet they knew what they were in for. However, it would appear something else went wrong, hence the wording of that quote. Come on, people!

This is why I don't take days off of work to play at launch. I learned this in 2008.