Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    one of the first quests requires you to mark trees ... there are maybe a dozen trees within eyesight of each other, and bliz did not expect that at launch when 300 - 400 people are trying to do this quest that this would cause any bottleneck ... because no one can do the quests and more people keep getting to that point ... talk about friggin log jam. given that the documentary we saw at blizcon talked specifically about the opening of the gates and how they wouldnt do anything like that again.

launches (this is my 4th) are always crazy the first couple days ... and I cut Bliz some slack for performance issues. But I gotta seriously question the design of some of the early quests. At some point someone has to say "well thats a cool quest and all, and I see how it helps tell the story , but at launch this is gonna be f*ckin crazy ... maybe we ought to tweak it.

more and more I see what amounts to either laziness or incompetence. Bliz just isn't testing stuff it seems ... no attention to detail. Their attitude seems to be "just ship it and we will spend a couple weeks fixing all the problems".
    Last edited by zrankfappa; 2014-11-14 at 04:41 PM.

Extended to 11 am pst

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15271047262

Maintnence has been extended to 11 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously Blizzard...you've only been doing this for 10+ years now....

I am norwegian and what is AM and CEST

So what was the sense saying it is going live when it is dead in the water?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kopasetic View Post
    Seriously Blizzard...you've only been doing this for 10+ years now....
    Well better they fix the problems now and well everyone in some way should be used to it by now.. Lets just hope they fix the lag issues and remove or at least increase the login queue cap so people are not spending hours waiting to get in..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well better they fix the problems now and well everyone in some way should be used to it by now.. Lets just hope they fix the lag issues and remove or at least increase the login queue cap so people are not spending hours waiting to get in..
    I got in long enough to go see the caves after killing the 100 but got disconnected and not able to log back in since...... i know this stuff happens every time they do a large scale thing but man they have not learned yet lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluhawk View Post
    So what was the sense saying it is going live when it is dead in the water?
    How long have you been playing this game? This problem has always occurred having multiple maintenance down times after the release of an xpac.. Just unfortunate that this one seems to have been particularly bad for them..

- - - Updated - - -

I got in long enough to go see the caves after killing the 100 but got disconnected and not able to log back in since...... i know this stuff happens every time they do a large scale thing but man they have not learned yet lol
    Sounds like you got hit with a bug to get DCed like that and unfortunately it happens.. Not much we can do just hope they get on top of it and fix it..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    How long have you been playing this game? This problem has always occurred having multiple maintenance down times after the release of an xpac.. Just unfortunate that this one seems to have been particularly bad for them..

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you got hit with a bug to get DCed like that and unfortunately it happens.. Not much we can do just hope they get on top of it and fix it..
    expected it but when they say they figured out the bottleneck at opening of Blizzcon from when the gates opened i also assumed (and i know i should never assume where blizz is concerned) that they knew what to do this time so these issues were not going to occur but yes i always expect it, hence just going to work and not taking days off to enjoy the opening

Well all my 11 alts are parked at an Inn in Shadowlag valley. Only one has been able to quest out what was possible there, the others just arrived and there was too much lag to quest at all. My sub is running out tomorrow, I'll resub when the servers are worth playing on again. Pretty disappointed in Blizzard's treatment and communication of this problem.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    expected it but when they say they figured out the bottleneck at opening of Blizzcon from when the gates opened i also assumed (and i know i should never assume where blizz is concerned) that they knew what to do this time so these issues were not going to occur but yes i always expect it, hence just going to work and not taking days off to enjoy the opening
    The other thing was that the opening was not as epic as it could have been.. I missed the TBC one, I enjoyed the WoTLK one simply because they had a lot of things going like an extra boss in Kara that dropped the Arcanite Ripper that turned you into Bergrisst of The Tauren Chieftains and doing a sweet guitar solo and many other things about that event.. Cant remember the Cata one.. lol And well the MoP one well what can one say can't remember that one either.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gombudja View Post
    I am norwegian and what is AM and CEST
    Norwegians are known to use modern time keeping methods, so that is no excuse.

Well at least they will give everyone a couple of days of game time for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Handy notes looks pretty cool. Is it just for WoD or is the rest of wow covered as well I wonder?
    There are modules for all sorts of things, including previous expansions.

" we expect realms to be playable again" - dont expect it. We got maintenance in Europe but there is no difference. The game is unplayable. Currently waiting in queue...

Deleted
    this is what playing in EU is like now

What many of you whiners don't get, is that many Blizz employees havn't slept or gone home in 3 days. They are busting their asses right now trying to fight of those fucking DDOS attacks. And you are all bitching cuz you cant log in. They will get to it. I personally would like to thank them for working as hard as they are so we can get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihea View Post
    What many of you whiners don't get, is that many Blizz employees havn't slept or gone home in 3 days. They are busting their asses right now trying to fight of those fucking DDOS attacks. And you are all bitching cuz you cant log in. They will get to it. I personally would like to thank them for working as hard as they are so we can get back in.
    I also enjoy fabricating scenarios to justify my sense of moral outrage. Let's imagine they're chained to the desk and some hairy guy in a leather mask is whipping them while someone bangs a drum. Maybe there's some sobbing in the back ground.

Deleted
    thats their JOB. they get PAID handsome salaries to look after servers.