Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grönis View Post
    I know this is an old thread but its a sticky after all so i thought id ask here about how to do the achievement Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare in ulduar 10 man? Since this achievement requires for the mobs to be damaged to a pretty low hp im having trouble as a lvl 100 even after taking most gear off since even normal throw does 50% of their health and i dont think i got even one dwarf killed by the breath and i only got two chances to kill them since they killed the mobs after that.. The other meta-achievements in the glory of the ulduar are easy to do but really having trouble with this one.. Any tips? Or should i just go for the 25man so the mobs would have more hp and could stand more hits?
    I found 25m harder, but that was at 90.
    If you're having trouble with it, you should see if you can survive until she beserks, which is something like 10 minutes? Just keep kiting everything, never stopping. When she enrages, her breath just about 1 shots the iron dwarves so if you have enough of them up, bam, there's your acheivement.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Since Highmaul is out tomorrow, I have updated the assumptions and readjusted encounter difficulty for certain raids. Thank you all for the feedback!

I know this is an old thread but its a sticky after all
    This thread not quite a month old.

so i thought id ask here about how to do the achievement Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare in ulduar 10 man? Since this achievement requires for the mobs to be damaged to a pretty low hp im having trouble as a lvl 100 even after taking most gear off since even normal throw does 50% of their health and i dont think i got even one dwarf killed by the breath and i only got two chances to kill them since they killed the mobs after that.. The other meta-achievements in the glory of the ulduar are easy to do but really having trouble with this one.. Any tips? Or should i just go for the 25man so the mobs would have more hp and could stand more hits?
    Not sure how you'll be able to do this unless you just go naked and hit them with your fists. Maybe use MfD + Recup if survival is a problem.

I'll add in here, for the moment I am deeming 25 heroic Shannox impossible, unless you use the buffs from alysrazor and immediately engage him. As a 651 ilevel combat rogue, I can't burst rageface or Shannox down fast enough to kill him before face rage. You CAN survive through the first face rage, but chances are you're going to hit another one right away anyways, unless someone knows how to avoid that. Definitely will be possible with further gear progression, but I haven't had any success.

Did not try as assassination, as I don't have daggers. With drums of rage + a good understanding of burst, it might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
    I'll add in here, for the moment I am deeming 25 heroic Shannox impossible, unless you use the buffs from alysrazor and immediately engage him. As a 651 ilevel combat rogue, I can't burst rageface or Shannox down fast enough to kill him before face rage. You CAN survive through the first face rage, but chances are you're going to hit another one right away anyways, unless someone knows how to avoid that. Definitely will be possible with further gear progression, but I haven't had any success.

Did not try as assassination, as I don't have daggers. With drums of rage + a good understanding of burst, it might be possible.
    I just took shadow reflection, pop it a few seconds before face-rage, and used heavy burst attacks; when i get face-raged, the shadow reflection is bursting on him which should immediately break it. I am 667, so that helps, but I've done this consistently 2 weeks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulsokni View Post
    I just took shadow reflection, pop it a few seconds before face-rage, and used heavy burst attacks; when i get face-raged, the shadow reflection is bursting on him which should immediately break it. I am 667, so that helps, but I've done this consistently 2 weeks in a row.
    This! Did it yesterday as a 636 combat rogue. Had to pop an agi-potion to get him down before second face-eating, but soloable!

Yeah I am just a moron and didn't even think about shadow reflection...I was so preoccupied with trying to figure out a way to survive through the face rage that I didn't consider a way to break it.

Shadow reflection + KS or Eviscerate will break it. You'll just need to beat the timer until the next one...which isn't that tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the first boss of Mogushan Vaults solo as combat but only 10m nhc

Are you guys finding combat to be the better solo'ing spec @100 or what? I've been using assassination because baked in SnD is nice, but all i'm doing is ulduar 25 for transmog, going to shift to ICC 25 for Invisible soon though.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow up: on HLK 25 is blade flurry enough to ignore the orbs and stay in on LK during remorseless winter? Or do you still need to move out and shuriken toss at them or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Are you guys finding combat to be the better solo'ing spec @100 or what? I've been using assassination because baked in SnD is nice, but all i'm doing is ulduar 25 for transmog, going to shift to ICC 25 for Invisible soon though.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow up: on HLK 25 is blade flurry enough to ignore the orbs and stay in on LK during remorseless winter? Or do you still need to move out and shuriken toss at them or something
    Tried HLK 25 just now, blade flurry + leeching poison you can ignore every mechanic except shadow trap. Leeching heals through everything and blade flurry kills the orbs that knock you back before they hit you and all adds. this was at 612 ilvl too.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    A friend of mine wanted me to link something for him.

It's his Elegon Speedrun including the usage of the well known Shadowstep exploit that allows you
    to jump through walls.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ksolo/advanced

Linked his armory aswell, if someone it interested in it.

Enjoy! And good luck trying that yourself.

Personally I find using shuriken toss on yogg to be easier to deal with the adds that spawn in p2. Just make sure you have ~3 cp at all times to break a tenticle that grabs you as combat. Most annoying part of that fight are the various debuffs you get and being able to ranged kill all the adds quickly was nice. Also makes doing the brain phase easy since you can kill everything from ranged while you run around the room. As long as you can push to p3 the fight easy over since you can burst down the last phase once you get out in a few seconds.

Has anyone tried Ultraxion on 25 heroic yet? When I tried earlier in 630-640 blues/CM gear I found I couldn't push him before his ability and there's still no way to solo that.

Spine is easy if you do it the right way. I just used shuriken toss to kill the entire thing except for bursting the empowered adds down. The secret to spine is to keep it under control and to spam right/left and do a lil dance the whole time to prevent him from rolling. As long as you continually move right and left he will never roll. As far as keeping it under control don't kill too many tentacles at once. Just kill one, kill the big add that spawns then kill 9 small adds (personally I try to stack where they die to make picking up the puddles easier) and once you have enough puddles spawn kill another tentacle and drag the big add over and soak em all up and then kill it by an armor plate once it has 9 stacks. Rinse and repeat 3 times and you win. As long as you don't kill tentacles the big adds won't spawn and the small adds are nothing. So, as long as you continually go right/left to prevent the rolls and keep it so that you only fight small adds and bring the big one out when you're ready there's next to no damage you have to heal through and it's incredibly easy. The only time really that the fight gets hard is if you try to tank a big add the entire time and soak up puddles as they drop since as they get empowered they start to hurt.

Didn't see if anyone posted about how to get the Alysrazor buff to help kill Shannox. Once you spawn Shannox go engage Alysrazor and fly around til you get 25 stacks of the buff and then fly over and kill Shannox with the help of that (also can be used on Baleroc to help). Word of advise though: make sure you land and don't try to fight while flying since it'll just evade bug them.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Personally I like combat purely because I can pull higher numbers with it, and I can cleave trash down in what feels like 0.2 seconds
    If it's something you well outgear and don't even have to think about while soloing, then probably assassination because as you said you don't have to bother with SnD you can just leeching poison > right click > alt tab :3

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    Personally I like combat purely because I can pull higher numbers with it, and I can cleave trash down in what feels like 0.2 seconds
    If it's something you well outgear and don't even have to think about while soloing, then probably assassination because as you said you don't have to bother with SnD you can just leeching poison > right click > alt tab :3
    Well I dropped assassination in favor of better PvE/pvp specs and specs I enjoy more so I've gone to combat (unless it's a place/fight that FoK makes a difference - read: Hyjal). But blade flurry helps a lot. I ran through all of H25 ICC in combat with only like 625 iLvl. I didn't do marrow or LDW on heroic because those are just annoying and don't drop anything I need but the rest... BF and leeching make it literally too easy. LK is just stand there and dps as much as possible and avoid shadow traps. For the first time ever it's more frustrating getting to him than doing him haha

I went and laughed my way through 25H BWD yesterday and finally got the heroic T11 druid lookalike shoulders. Carelessly wiped myself on Maloriak because i just focused him down instead of kiting and got completely destroyed by his adds but the rest wasn't hard, just gotta swim fast on Nefarian haha

Might have to go hit that up. I need that caster dagger from there anyways and the golden druid set would be cool.

Also would like to note that Shannox 25m HC is tricky, but soloable. Just did it as a sub rogue, without Shadow Reflection. You just need to make sure you have good uptimes on all your poisons and bleeds (rupture and hem) when he goes into a facerage. As a 650 rogue i was kept in facerage for about 10 seconds, and which point my poisons/bleeds had done enough damage to have him release me.

You will not survive without leeching poison, and I actually died after the fight was over because of the bleed from Shannox but whatever, got the kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Texxi View Post
    A friend of mine wanted me to link something for him.

It's his Elegon Speedrun including the usage of the well known Shadowstep exploit that allows you
    to jump through walls.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ksolo/advanced

Linked his armory aswell, if someone it interested in it.

Enjoy! And good luck trying that yourself.
    Very cool, just tried it today and it worked great. Here's hoping they dont 'fix' this. Tell your friend I said thanks! ^^

any1 else getting chainstunned by the spiders at beth? or am I doing something wrong ?

nvm
    went slower with the dips and when I came down with beth I CT'd them all and proceeded with the kill
    Last edited by Anathaema; 2015-01-26 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathaema View Post
    any1 else getting chainstunned by the spiders at beth? or am I doing something wrong ?
    same. it was bloody ridiculous. you have about a 0.5 second window (probably less) to hit your buttons, keep spamming those buttons as fast as you can. i literally had to sit there through 4 chain stuns, getting off a killing spree luckily in one of them, and very narrowly killed her. there has to be someway to get past it, it's just insane

just killed it now

tried p1 with killing all spiders, not enough time - I got stunned again in p1.

went with slower dips and I automatically went down with her in p3, all spiders were dead with a tempest.