Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    ok so i did MsV HC up till Emperor, i couldn't start that encounter instance bugged out or something... will try later, but bosses before seems easy, you can use PVP trinket for Spirit Kings if you keep getting pinned down, there is no need for high dps besides killing as fast as you can first king.

Done also ToT 10n up till Durumu (this fight is impossible imo) and the most challenging fight for me was Council of Elders, killing Sul first wasn't working for me i was just dipping very low later and couldn't recover, possibly was doing something horribly wrong. Killing Malakk first worked tho, so i didn't have to deal with his frost debuff.
    //If you are fast you can vanish Quicksand, but you have to go in combat instantly so encounter wont reset. (maybe trick from first boss with cardboard assasin works here too)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasca View Post
    ok so i did MsV HC up till Emperor, i couldn't start that encounter instance bugged out or something... will try later, but bosses before seems easy, you can use PVP trinket for Spirit Kings if you keep getting pinned down, there is no need for high dps besides killing as fast as you can first king.

Done also ToT 10n up till Durumu (this fight is impossible imo) and the most challenging fight for me was Council of Elders, killing Sul first wasn't working for me i was just dipping very low later and couldn't recover, possibly was doing something horribly wrong. Killing Malakk first worked tho, so i didn't have to deal with his frost debuff.
    //If you are fast you can vanish Quicksand, but you have to go in combat instantly so encounter wont reset. (maybe trick from first boss with cardboard assasin works here too)
    In order to start Emperor on Heroic you break the pipes that are on the left and right of the boss platform.

Yeah Durumu is proving to be a real pain but can possibly be done. With current Item levels it may likely end up taking a good amount of +avoidance gear and if you can manage to get lucky with enough +leech gear. Dropping Leeching Poison for Elusiveness could also be another option if you have enough Leech to merit a talent swap. My best attempt on Durumu last night was around 39-40%. I ended the first the first Light Spectrum phase with <100k HP so the Arterial Cut eventually just finished me off through Evasion (lasted long enough to take the boss from 60% or so down to 39-40%). The most important part is noticing where each Crimson Fog will be for the Light Phase. Right before the Light phase begins all Fog beast locations produce a visual cue. (Red implosion for Crimson and Blue for Azure)

Numbers may be off but iirc 700~ leech is about 10% and 100~ avoidance is about 4% AE Damage reduction (probably DRs past a certain point but I've never had enough to check). If we can manage decent Leech/Avoidance values this fight will get a lot easier.(as will many others) I personally am aiming for at least 20% Leech and 20% Avoidance (700 Leech with Talent and 500~ Avoidance assuming it doesn't DR early on)

*Edit to put things into perspective two of the three beams will tick for 15k while the third will tick for 24k every 2 seconds when no mitigation is present.

A rogue who simply only has feint will take roughly 27,000 damage every 2 seconds, increasing by 2% every tick afterwards on top of Arterial Cut damage which is 4,800 damage per second and stacking. (50% AoE damage reduction)

A rogue who has 20% avoidance and also feints (without elusiveness) will take 21,600 every tick also increasing by 2% per tick. (60% AoE damage reduction)

While a rogue with 20% avoidance and elusiveness will take roughly 13,500 damage every 2 seconds increasing by 2% per tick. Since Elusiveness provides 30% all around damage reduction, Arterial Cut will also be reduced dealing 3,360 damage per stack. (75% AoE damage reduction)

These are using the Dungeon Journal numbers so in actual practice these numbers would be reduced a little further due to level difference/armor mitigation.

For now it's advisable to just skip him by using Cloak and Dagger on one of the Quivering Blobs at the exit (Spam Ambush and the moment they breach the invisible wall you'll end up behind it) If you choose to skip him and kill any of the later bosses you wont be able to get back to Durumu.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-12 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Skipping, Beams talk

7+ Year Old Account
    Deleted old post since I've managed to finish what can be soloed in Heroic Heart of Fear.
    Detailed descriptions of the boss fights are written on each videos page.

Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok - A pretty good challenge. Saving a CD or Agility Pot for the Echoes helps.

Heroic Blade Lord Ta'yak - Insane amounts of incoming damage making this the hardest of the bosses to solo in this instance. (Of the bosses that actually can be soloed)

Heroic Garalon - Not too bad, spam his Crush ability by running under him so he has no stacks of Fury by 33% then use drums+pot and burn hard.

Heroic Wind Lord Mel'jarak - Fairly similar to normal, but you'll have to deal with a second add pack.

Will hope to work on Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring soon.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-04-23 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Has anyone tried Ultraxion on 25 heroic yet? When I tried earlier in 630-640 blues/CM gear I found I couldn't push him before his ability and there's still no way to solo that.
    I just solo'd heroic 25 man Ultraxion on my rogue. I'm about 664 ilvl. I was standard combat spec, (did not take leeching poison or shadow reflection). A killing spree when you have extra damage and an adrenaline rush got me the kill about 5-10 seconds before the first hour of twilight.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Ultrax is definitely possible but it's just down to your gear. I ran all of H25 Dragon Soul yesterday, killed Ultraxion with over 20 seconds left before his Hour of Twilight, but I'm 685 ilvl

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    Ultrax is definitely possible but it's just down to your gear. I ran all of H25 Dragon Soul yesterday, killed Ultraxion with over 20 seconds left before his Hour of Twilight, but I'm 685 ilvl
    One problem I had is that even though I killed every boss on heroic up to the gunship, after beating that one on heroic it wouldn't let me start the spine of deathwing because it said I had to beat the other fights on heroic... which i did. It was so weird.

Also, maybe this is the thread since I solo'd illidan yet again. First warglaive dropped today for me! Mainhand!!
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2015-05-21 at 08:09 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, have been playing my rogue recently and while not super geared (678 or so) I feel like that should be sufficient to solo msv. To give myself a couple chars to try for the spectral cloud serpent with. Having issues on feng though. Sizzikk on kel'thuzad. Any help would be fantastic. Trying to leave recup up and use feint when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Hey guys, have been playing my rogue recently and while not super geared (678 or so) I feel like that should be sufficient to solo msv. To give myself a couple chars to try for the spectral cloud serpent with. Having issues on feng though. Sizzikk on kel'thuzad. Any help would be fantastic. Trying to leave recup up and use feint when needed.
    Saorix put up some kill videos of MSV on the last page, here's a link to the Feng one, it could be of some use.
    (Check the post on the last page, it had a some descriptions of what methods they used)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thanks so much jassinta. Also for vizier, seems I have just barely not enough damage to push platform 3. 42 was best before mc. Guess I need a few more pieces. Or better weapons/trinkets.

Deleted
    First of all, thanks a lot for the guides and videos.

I decided to give soloing a try before 6.2 hit, and i really had a blast doing it. Some bosses are really chalenging, really fun, even if RNG hits hard on some.
    I have 695 ilvl, and here are my results and thoughts on the boss that are listed in this discussion:

-MV HM (6/6): Feng is interesting, Emperors are a good introduction to placement and defensive CD management. Overall a great way to start.
    -HoF HM: the first boss is intense, and RNG on timers is a bitch. had to do the second one in normal (no dummies). Garalon is boring. Windlord is easy. I've seen a video of a rogue doing the empress in normal, so I might give her a try in HM.
    -ToES nm: protectors can be a bit tricky (4-5 tries), tsulong is easy. Lei shi is... oh my god this boss... so much RNG involved, without room for fails, overall really hard and fun. Sha is easy with the stuff.

-ToT nm: skipped jin'rokh. Council is hard and fun. Horridon/tortos/megaera/ji kun are easy. skipped durumu. primordius is easy. Dark animus is really fun. Iron qon still totally undoable.

I have done a couple more bosses that can be marked on the list:
    - Twin consort: very interesting, you have to manage your dps on the first boss to have enough heal but not kill her. Not very hard
    - Lei shen: Extremely fun: let adds spawn as much as possible, cleave and heal. I've finished the fight at 130k dps and 15k hps. Not very hard, but very fun: give it a try!
    - Finally, Immerseus nm. I thought about doing the same strat as every other class (wait the 30 minutes of enrage), but as rogues we don't have the heal required (it would have killed me after 10-15 minutes, with bandages). So i had to kill him before enrage (ok, soon after enrage). It's a really intense fight during 11 minutes, where you have to optimise as much as possible to kill as much adds as possible and get as few swirls as possible.
    I used glyphs of sprint, of cos, and of evasion. Sprint is mandatory for adds phase. Evasion is mandatory to survive 2 phases of enrage. Cloak is just a safety to help survive 4-5 seconds to a third enraged phase. You can only use recuperate during add phase, if you have remaining combo points, but you don't really need it to survive.
    Last point on this boss: burst of speed is better than shadowstep, because line of sights are broken.
    Overall extremelly tight and intense, and it felt really rewarding to kill him (especially without finding any reference to a rogue solo kill: World first?)

Once again, thanks for the inspiration, I had a lot of fun and I encourage every rogues to give it a try!

i decided i wanted the Norm HoF rogue set for yet another transmog so thanks for the info, I have almost the same ilvl as you and I didn't quite realise we could solo this much yet. (but, in all honesty I hadn't tried yet)

So, started with Dragon Soul 25 heroic at ilevel 655. So far so good, except spine. I just can't do that (I had a mage with me). Either I suck or the fight is horrible for non raids.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So, started with Dragon Soul 25 heroic at ilevel 655. So far so good, except spine. I just can't do that (I had a mage with me). Either I suck or the fight is horrible for non raids.
    honestly it's actually easier by yourself.
    just stand in the middle, dagger throw at the tentacles when you need to get one down.
    just keep up your strafe between the two sides of the spine and wait for the bloods to get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    honestly it's actually easier by yourself.
    just stand in the middle, dagger throw at the tentacles when you need to get one down.
    just keep up your strafe between the two sides of the spine and wait for the bloods to get to you.
    I have been doing dragon soul heroic 25 for a while now. Honestly, it's easier than that. I kill all the tentacles and stand in a hole. I stay in the hole until there are 9 bloods and then I time it so I can get to the middle and start going back and forth. I do this as combat and with leeching poison and blade flurry on. I kill all the bloods up front and then I kill a tentacle, get the guy who spawns to get all 9 attached to him, take blade flurry off and kill him so he can detonate. I stand in a hole as he blows up, kill the spine thing, and then it gets even easier after that. I hurry and kill all the tentacles and then stand in a hole for the guys to fly off, but now that there are so many tentacles gone, it is super easy to get up to 9 bloods, and repeat the detonation step.

---Blade flurry on--
    1) Kill tentacles
    2) Stand in hole up front until you have 8+ bloods
    3) Kill the bloods in the middle by the armor
    ---blade flurry off---
    ---begin dancing back and forth---
    3) kill the last tentacle so a guy spawns
    4) kite the guy into the dead blood pools so he gets 9 stacks
    5) trigger his detonation
    6) stand in a hole and kill the armor
    ----REPEAT 2 more times---

So basically I only do the back and forth dance while killing the guy that has to detonate. Makes it really simple. Just don't ever get out of a hole until AFTER a "deathwing rolls left or right" actually happens. If you get out too early you might just fly off.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2015-07-13 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    any1 got lucky with soloing durumu ? I got quite alot of upgrades from last time i tried it, now 710 ilvl with SC trinket and class trinket, but still he rapes me in seconds after getting to beam phase no matter what spec im using, hopefully ill get kazzak trinket soon to try how it will go with some more leech but it stills feel like this boss is impossible.

Deleted
    Hey I've read this forum and i noticed that I've killed some bosses that weren't mentioned in this forum being soloable
    Grand Empress Shekzeer End Boss heart of fear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrEG...0_qfe1yAZQSvRA
    Horridon Heroic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3iZ...1wYK1TQ9cixPzX
    Ner'zhul Mythic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOC...1wYK1TQ9cixPzX
    I already posted Ner'zhul mythic in an other thread but its the hardest solo kill that I've achieved so i just gonna link it here again.
    If you're interested in some more solo video you can check out my channel if you want to. I just can't link all here hope you enjoy it

For Ultraxxion you seem to need just over 300k DPS to beat his instakill mechanic. I first did it with 668 itemlevel. Get some PvP gear if you're < 670, it helps A LOT.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekrunner View Post
    Hey I've read this forum and i noticed that I've killed some bosses that weren't mentioned in this forum being soloable
    Grand Empress Shekzeer End Boss heart of fear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrEG...0_qfe1yAZQSvRA
    Horridon Heroic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3iZ...1wYK1TQ9cixPzX
    Ner'zhul Mythic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOC...1wYK1TQ9cixPzX
    I already posted Ner'zhul mythic in an other thread but its the hardest solo kill that I've achieved so i just gonna link it here again.
    If you're interested in some more solo video you can check out my channel if you want to. I just can't link all here hope you enjoy it
    Thanks for the videos. I will add your channel to the OP.

I'll also take some time this weekend to update the MoP section.
    Last edited by Merope; 2015-08-05 at 01:41 PM.

I know it's a bit scrubbish, but!

at the next step of my Fangs questline! I really expected to be sent into the karazhan crypts. But nope, youre sent into the master's cellar. Meh

Time to gather 60 orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I know it's a bit scrubbish, but!

at the next step of my Fangs questline! I really expected to be sent into the karazhan crypts. But nope, youre sent into the master's cellar. Meh

Time to gather 60 orbs.
    I finished my daggers a couple weeks ago. I ended up having to wait one extra week because I got 15 the first week, 16 the next week, then 14, and then 15. I was at 59/60 after Spine of Deathwing, which meant I HAD to do Madness of Deathwing to get to 60. It was kind of ridiculous.