Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is much of ToT heroic doable, or is it easier just to bring someone along? I'm interested in the white tier set from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Is much of ToT heroic doable, or is it easier just to bring someone along? I'm interested in the white tier set from there.
    I've not had as much time to play as I'd like recently but, I have started working on Heroic Throne of Thunder (Rendering some fights now). On that same note for those who weren't aware (I wasn't until today) Jinrohk's top threat grab mechanic no longer causes him to reset if there are no other targets in range. Huzzah for no more Target Dummies!

To answer your question though, it will more than likely always be easier to bring someone else along. Solo-wise it'll still be tough even around ilvl 700 but not quite impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Heroic Jin'Rokh and Horridon

Methods that I used are in the descriptions as per usual. Hope to have more up throughout the week.

-2015/08/11 Heroic Tortos!

A slightly revised version of Council of the Elders that makes things far more clear on normal (Somewhat applies to Heroic as well) than I had done previously. Unfortunately, I'm running into gear issues for the Heroic version of the encounter as the first Councillor needs to die about as fast as it takes to kill one on Normal with the rest shortly following after. The Health difference is about +1million on Heroic and there is an added mechanic (Shadowed Soul) that just adds on to the already high damage. It can be done, just not with gear like mine (ilvl700~ lack of 4 set/legendary ring).
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-08-11 at 10:26 AM. Reason: actually answering the question...

7+ Year Old Account

Boy was this fight fast paced. This fight makes me realize how strong Tier 17 4 set really was when it comes to needing bursty Combat DPS. Which isn't something I'd really ever want for the spec...

I had to drop my T18 2 set for the T17 4 set in order to meet the strict 20 second Rampage timers for each head or else I would become overwhelmed with back row abilities. A lot of offensive CD management is needed here.
    Defensives meant almost nothing on this boss fight since Cloak of Shadows doesn't actually do anything to the tank debuff mechanics and various floor-based abilities.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2015-08-12 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    Hey So i had some time to do some Soloing and I got 12/12 Non Heroic down and 10/13 Heroic the only ones left are Twin consorts and Leishen not really counting Ra-den because i think because of one mechanic it isn't possible as rogue. The Hardest non Heroic Boss is Durumu I just killed him it requires alot of DPS I killed him with an Ilvl of 714. The Hardest Heroic Boss in ToT that i killed is Iron Qon it also is a Huge DPS Check. I think it's possible to solo Twin Consorts and Leishen but i just haven't gotten to it I Tried Twin Consorts a few times but i died at 30%

Durumu Non Heroic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19Q...ature=youtu.be
    Iron qon Heroic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypO_QqnAx24

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekqt View Post
    Hey So i had some time to do some Soloing and I got 12/12 Non Heroic down and 10/13 Heroic the only ones left are Twin consorts and Leishen not really counting Ra-den because i think because of one mechanic it isn't possible as rogue. The Hardest non Heroic Boss is Durumu I just killed him it requires alot of DPS I killed him with an Ilvl of 714. The Hardest Heroic Boss in ToT that i killed is Iron Qon it also is a Huge DPS Check. I think it's possible to solo Twin Consorts and Leishen but i just haven't gotten to it I Tried Twin Consorts a few times but i died at 30%

Durumu Non Heroic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19Q...ature=youtu.be
    Iron qon Heroic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypO_QqnAx24
    ye i managed to kill durumu aswell (i put it on hold for quite a time and forgot to try again) its abit crazy i killed him with abit of lucky trinket procs...

Deleted
    I just Killed Twin Consorts and Leishen Heroic 11/13 Heroic now. Durumu and Raden is left in Heroic
    Last edited by mmoc6c1ef13853; 2015-08-29 at 11:42 AM.

Decided to finish up my legendary daggers and i'm farming clusters, how difficult are spine/madness on heroic 25 to solo? Or does just doing them normal 10 easier compared to the clusters(shadow gems) you get?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Decided to finish up my legendary daggers and i'm farming clusters, how difficult are spine/madness on heroic 25 to solo? Or does just doing them normal 10 easier compared to the clusters(shadow gems) you get?
    What is your ilvl? Spine is easy, and so is madness. I was doing them on heroic 25 mode every week. With spine, the key is to stand in a hole until enough oozes have spawned (9), and then go kill the tentacle so a guy spawns, kill all 9 oozes in the middle by the armor plating, and ping ponging back and forth across the middle so you don't fly off, and then when you kill the armor, you rinse and repeat, and it's easier because now more oozes will spawn. It's really not a hard fight.

Madness is even easier though, you just go to each platform, kill stuff, go to another platform, kill stuff... just want to make sure you end on Ysera's platform so you can cleave the adds that spawn trying to heal him. I killed him once from the platform on the other side, and those guys spawned and were healing him up fast because I couldn't cleave them from there.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I've only ever played Assassination on my rogue (who isn't my main), and I'd like to know is it worth switching to Combat or Subtlety for old content soloing? I'm not really familiar with the other two specs so I don't know if they have more survivability or can punch out more damage and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioRGc1 View Post
    I've only ever played Assassination on my rogue (who isn't my main), and I'd like to know is it worth switching to Combat or Subtlety for old content soloing? I'm not really familiar with the other two specs so I don't know if they have more survivability or can punch out more damage and whatnot.
    Sub never really and combat only if the fight has massive aoe and even then if we're talking pre mop nothing will matter as leech will keep you 100% and the old content buff makes everything a joke.

What if working towards doing MSV? It'd be nice having a couple of characters to farm Elegon eventually. Would it even matter then?

It depends on your gear combat makes the first boss really easy but isn't really useful past that and assassination would be better than it for everything else and will still be fine for the first boss too with enough gear.

Doesn't matter too bad what spec as long as you take leeching poison! But don't ever be sub ^^

Deleted
    I was able to do the first Challenge Mode Boss in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds it's quite difficult if you haven't done this Boss solo on any other difficulty. When you have Speed Equipment you can use that to make this boss easier I used it.

I just wish I could solo Seige of Orgrimmar, there are a number of things I need for xmog there
    Last edited by stfuuppercut; 2015-11-04 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stfuuppercut View Post
    I just wish I could solo Seige of Orgrimmar, there are a number of things I need for xmog there
    If you have decent gear you can probably 2 man it. I three manned it with HM gear.

OK, I ran DS-25 Normal last night, What am I missing on the event before Ultraxion? the place fills with fire and eventually wears me down after a few minutes. I cant Kill enough drakes fast enough as they take too long to get to me. Should I be using Shuriken toss to range them? What am I missing. No other info about him covers this.

Edit: OK, I dug deeper, and yes, you can apparently find a "safe" spot and shuriken toss them down, with blade flurry.
    Last edited by SylvanElf; 2015-12-02 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    OK, I ran DS-25 Normal last night, What am I missing on the event before Ultraxion? the place fills with fire and eventually wears me down after a few minutes. I cant Kill enough drakes fast enough as they take too long to get to me. Should I be using Shuriken toss to range them? What am I missing. No other info about him covers this.

Edit: OK, I dug deeper, and yes, you can apparently find a "safe" spot and shuriken toss them down, with blade flurry.
    Honestly I just used regular "throw". I would just spam throw at them. Then I would use combo point builders on the ones that landed, and use those to recuperate. Granted this was all when I was like 670 iLVL or so.

I just upload my video vs Tectus in youtube, this damn forum don't let me post the link. So someone post it for me plz!
    watch?v=fEIE3T66faA

I'm from China. 千里影丶 CN-Red Dragonflight
    My best try in 6.1 :
    10H MGSV 6/6
    10H HOF 5/6
    10H TOES 2/4
    10H TOT 10/13
    All these videos were uploaded in a Chinese website 'youku'. But I'm afraid you guys can' visit it. (search qlfwow8 in youku)
    And I killed 25HLK in 05 22 2013(the last day of patch 5.2 in China) with a 522 ilv.

Anyway, it's really nice to meet all you guys here!
    Last edited by qlfwow8; 2015-12-07 at 04:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qlfwow8 View Post
    I just upload my video vs Tectus in youtube, this damn forum don't let me post the link. So someone post it for me plz!
    watch?v=fEIE3T66faA

I'm from China. 千里影丶 CN-Red Dragonflight
    My best try in 6.1 :
    10H MGSV 6/6
    10H HOF 5/6
    10H TOES 2/4
    10H TOT 10/13
    All these videos were uploaded in a Chinese website 'youku'. But I'm afraid you guys can' visit it. (search qlfwow8 in youku)
    And I killed 25HLK in 05 22 2013(the last day of patch 5.2 in China) with a 522 ilv.

Anyway, it's really nice to meet all you guys here!
    Here you go qlfwow8

Back from a long hiatus (in other words lack of non-toaster computer) but I'll be doing the rest of the Heroic MoP content that I have available.

On a related note here are my Heroic Lei Shi and Heroic Sha of Fear kills. In my opinion they are two of the most fun-paced fights in the pool of MoP content. I'll have to write a thank you note to the team responsible for making the Combat function on the Class Trinket a reality.

Last edited by Saorix; 2015-12-07 at 11:22 AM.