Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mythic Kargath done by Saorix, just now (also see his channel for other kills done in the last month.)
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey all! Sorry I have not been able to keep up with the thread for quite a while but I have been relatively busy RL Stuff/Guild Management stuff. But as some have noticed that I still try to make time for doing what I enjoy! With everything said and done. I have completed all of the Mythic Highmaul bosses that can currently be soloed! The kills can be found in this playlist. I do have to say though that Mythic Imperator/Cho'gall is definitely one of my favorite encounters I have soloed to date.

*Edit*
    With everything basically cleared I can give a relatively informed assessment of each of the Bosses and can rank them in terms of difficulty and how that relates to Outlaw Rogue. I will list the bosses from Hardest to easiest (Of course they are all much harder than their heroic difficulty).

(72 wipes) 1. Kargath Bladefist - Surprisingly the first boss is the hardest. He is a wall that basically shows how bad RNG on Roll the Bones can be.

(51 wipes) 2. Imperator Mar'gok - Even though this was my favorite fight within the entire instance he still wasn't the most difficult. Mar'gok does do a lot of damage, but due to the sheer number of adds throughout the fight you are allowed so much Roll the Bones fishing that it makes burning through the high risk Phases 2 and 3 a lot easier. If not for this it would be the hardest encounter.

(17 wipes) 3. Brackenspore - Brackenspore is basically a lesser version of Mar'gok. What makes this boss difficult is the fact that the damage is constant and there are no breaks outside of his Exploding Fungus Channel. Thankfully there are low HP adds that can be used for MFD Run Through/RTB fishing.

(12 wipes) 4. Tectus - Tectus is basically the middle of the pack. He has high damage like Brackenspore, but with a decent number of adds that are almost always in melee range the amount of healing done through Leech and Greed is quite massive.

(9 wipes) 5. Twin Ogron - The Twin Ogron out of all of the encounters actually requires much less. It does however require True bearing, something that spawns additional targets for Enfeebling Roar and Vanish. So there is a little bit of strategy involved.

(1 wipe to trash) 6. Ko'ragh - Ko'ragh is no different on Mythic than he is on Normal/Heroic. Since Outlaw does nothing but physical damage he dies really fast.

(1 for science wipe) 7. The Butcher - The Butcher is kind of a let down boss because there is actually is not much to soloing him. It basically just requires Gear and getting a 5CP+ 6 buff Roll the Bones. Since the fight has to end in 35~ seconds you only need one roll.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2016-12-16 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Bosses/Wipes

7+ Year Old Account
    Jumping around a little bit between Mythic BRF and Mythic HFC.

It was honestly more fun this time around than it was during guild progress :(

It wasn't mentioned much previously, but at this point mythic SoO is pretty easily soloable with Nighthold gear.

There's a few DPS checks (getting Sha down low enough to trigger phase before banishment, killing Dark Shamans before their iron cage debuff expires - or using elusiveness to survive it, Iron Juggernaut's stacking laser) along the way, but most of it's pretty close to faceroll. I guess I have a weekly farm to do again.

Ani tips on Dark Animus heroic in ToT (25) ? I'm getting wiped by the small adds on pull 90% of the time ... tried evasion up, tried kiting, but they just get to me ... Outlaw seemed to be the best spec for this, but perhaps u can advise smt else?

Cheers

How does Mythic BRF look for soloing? Possible or should I bribe a friend to come help with it? Always liked the mythic tier set, but never finished collecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    How does Mythic BRF look for soloing? Possible or should I bribe a friend to come help with it? Always liked the mythic tier set, but never finished collecting it.
    Poorly, I'd guess. A quick look on youtube doesn't show anybody who did any mythic BRF boss (except for Darmac). To be fair, there aren't that many people making these videos so it's perfectly possible that it's doable, but I wouldn't bet on it.

At least rogues might get more invites because of Blast Furnace?
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-04-23 at 06:44 PM.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Poorly, I'd guess. A quick look on youtube doesn't show anybody who did any mythic BRF boss (except for Darmac). To be fair, there aren't that many people making these videos so it's perfectly possible that it's doable, but I wouldn't bet on it.

At least rogues might get more invites because of Blast Furnace?
    I wonder if I use the same setup as I did when I beat the mage tower challenge if I'd be able to solo a few encounters.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Blackrock Foundry is a rough tier for soloing on Rogue in general (outside of Flamebender/Kromogg and Blast Furnace). I've just recently received my Will of Valeera Legendary and will be returning to the raid instance. As of this post I just finished uploading Mythic Blackhand and am rendering Hanz & Franz, Flamebender, Kromogg and Gruul. The problem is that with many of these bosses that unless you're pushing ilvl 905-910 and have proper Legendaries for soloing it becomes increasingly difficult to do any WoD boss because not only are you reliant on Roll the Bones for all consistent healing and your DPS output almost all Warlords bosses have some form of high ramping damage which means you are going to wipe a lot due to non-life saving rolls mid fight since you cannot control what rolls you have like you can before pulling a boss.

I'll probably finish out the tier later this week/next, so I can give a more detailed response on each boss then.
    Last edited by Saorix; 2017-04-27 at 07:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    For those who were asking for Mythic BRF(10/10). Basically Iron Maidens, Thogar and Blackhand are the hardest bosses dps/hps wise, very intensive.

And now Outlawl rogue joins the ranks of the few classes that have soloed Mythic Archimonde ^_^

All-in-all definitely in my top 3 fights to have soloed. Building something that worked for phase 4 was really fun (even if it took several dozen wipes). RNG put me at 142 or so wipes. Believe it or not, I had pulls where I rolled 6x Buffs 3 times :/
    Last edited by Saorix; 2017-05-03 at 10:58 AM.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! Do you think this could also be done with Assa? I would assume the self healing is even higher with the poison and everything. Only thing what is lacking would be the AOE potential.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience! Do you think this could also be done with Assa? I would assume the self healing is even higher with the poison and everything. Only thing what is lacking would be the AOE potential.
    Assassination does have easier access to Leech thanks to the poison talent and does very well on some of the much shorter, more DPS-race encounters, like The Butcher, or Fel Lord Zakuun however on some of the more prolonged fights it starts to fall short. Part of the problem is that Assassination's damage outside of its CDs dips very low which ultimately effects how well you sustain through damage. In most cases, the healing you will do using DPS CDs is majority overhealing (for all specs) which isn't really helpful in any case since most bosses are going to live a lot longer than the duration of DPS cooldowns so sustained HPS becomes far more important. A point to bring up is that if they do end up removing Agonizing Poison without some sort of significant increase to Envenom damage in 7.2.5 Assassination's sustained HPS will be greatly hindered. AOE-wise Assassination isn't too terrible but it is reliant on Poison Bomb procs. It also brings up the point I seem to recall is that for some reason Leech and Poison Bomb's damage interact in a very delayed manner (it is almost as if Poison Bomb has to finish before the healing is calculated and delivered).

Assassination and Subtlety are both viable in terms of soloing most general content, but both take a little better targeted gearing (leech/avoidance) when it comes to the more difficult Boss fights. That said, as long as True Bearing exists it will be hard for Sub and Assassination to compare to how versatile Outlaw is for most encounters though.

Thank you again for the fast and detailed answer! Maybe I will give it a shot...

Congratz
    10char
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Nice kills! I think those will be very informative for me as I try Mythic Mannoroth/Archimond for myself. List has been updated.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really plan much on doing Legion content, mainly because Legion raid boss damage/hp and Roll the Bones RNG starts makes my head hurt after too many hours but there wont really be any reason not to since player power is only going to get more and more absurd by the end of this expansion.

Anyway, Normal Nythendra. The other bosses probably wont be doable for a little while as a Rogue.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really been keeping up with the thread for a long time but since we're in the final tier of the expansion its probably time to push through as much Legion bosses as possible before the Legion Mythic solos begin in BfA (hopefully Rogue still will be viable). I haven't put an excessive amount of time into The Nighthold yet since Antorus release but Skorpyron and Trilliax are most likely killable for Outlaw. Elisande is likely as well but it is a very high HPS check (my prior pulls recorded had me doing 600-700k HPS which is about 1.5x more than most bosses and even that wasn't enough).

Anyway though, last phase of Cenarius was very DPS intensive. Spear of Nightmares is very dangerous since #3 hits for a little over 6 million. I had about 17 or so 2-5% wipes because I was just not able to put out the DPS which is ultimately why I dropped Prydaz for Mantle (prior to that 10-15% wipes consistently in p2). I even tried running with Cheat Death to survive Spear #3 and potentially 4 (with lucky timed prydaz shield) but preserving it through all of phase 1 was actually not very easy especially when losing the 30% DR from the Elusiveness talent. Cenarius was the main wall in EN (187 wipes throughout T20/early T21, though majorly a gear/choice of legendary issue) though I've actually put some time into Xavius and it's only slightly annoying. My best pulls have been 60-65% when getting lucky with the Dream state RNG with moderate Roll the Bones luck. I think with a little more gear and time and potential changes (doubt any happen) to how the encounter picks players to enter the dream it can be quite doable for Outlaw Rogue. Also Ursoc is kind of a pain since I haven't found a consistent and reliable way to reset Overwhelm stacks, but if I do he should go down pretty fast.

You are some kind of clinically insane, you do realize that?

Kudos to all your exploits, i'd tip my hat if i weren't wearing a rogue mask, keep up this incredible stuff.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You are some kind of clinically insane, you do realize that?

Kudos to all your exploits, i'd tip my hat if i weren't wearing a rogue mask, keep up this incredible stuff.
    Yeah you're probably not too far off with that observation. Having this much faith in Roll the Bones is not healthy for anyone.

Thanks though, I hope to continue in Battle for Azeroth if they don't gut Rogue soloing capabilities like they almost did with Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Skorpyron and Trilliax down, Star Augur and Elisande are pretty much next on the chopping block.