Deleted

Macros and chat settings after realm transfer?!

Hey all
    so I just transferred server and I do know chat settings and char specific macros always reset BUT!! Normally I've always just copied old char folder to new one (no name change, same name for all chars) and it's fine... I close the game, even tried closing the Bnet desktop app, go to new folder and check the macros are there and they are but when I open the game back up, they're not there?!?! Anybody got a solution for this? Same for chat settings?

Oddly, I found I sometimes needed to repeat this two or three times until it stuck. Like, log in, log out, transfer them over, repeat until it sticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Oddly, I found I sometimes needed to repeat this two or three times until it stuck. Like, log in, log out, transfer them over, repeat until it sticks.
    Did this fix the chat stuff as well? I'll have to try this next time I dare log out (don't wanna risk another 1 hour queue lol!!)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    some of the settings are backed up on Blizz's side, just retry a couple times

I noticed it giving me issues if the files being copied over were older than the last time I logged in. I think Bliz maybe stores a temporary copy? The solution for me was to edit the files so they had a date after I last logged in, and the server determined they were updated locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutti View Post
    Did this fix the chat stuff as well? I'll have to try this next time I dare log out (don't wanna risk another 1 hour queue lol!!)
    Yeah, macros and chat. If you care about anything else (eg: per-character key bindings) I can't help you, because I only use per-character macros and chat.

Deleted
    Well I've now tried patiently doing it 9 times and it's just not working!!

Abolesco - how did you change date and all that?