Deleted

Is mining bugged? How to 700?

Hey

I am at 691 lvl mining currently

All nodes are grey and do not give and more skill pts-
    All rich nodes are grey and do not give any skill pts-
    All Nodes in my lvl 2 garrison are grey and do not give any skill pts-

There are no rare nodes that I can see (8 hrs searching all zones)

Everyone in guild are having the same issue- stuck with mining at 691 and no way to level to 700

I got mining to 700 yesterday without any problems, they should be green not grey at 691, it can still take a lot of nodes for one point in mining, at one point I mined 22 nodes to get 1 skill point so it can take awhile.

On the beta, I just eventually got mining up from hitting the nodes in the mine. Not sure if that is working anymore though.
    But ya, not really a big deal.
    Its either a bug that will be fixed, or you are overlooking something.
    Regardless, doesn't actually stop you from mining!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    Hey

I am at 691 lvl mining currently

All nodes are grey and do not give and more skill pts-
    All rich nodes are grey and do not give any skill pts-
    All Nodes in my lvl 2 garrison are grey and do not give any skill pts-

There are no rare nodes that I can see (8 hrs searching all zones)

Everyone in guild are having the same issue- stuck with mining at 691 and no way to level to 700
    Do you have a mining pick (or some other +10 skill item) on you? That would make you 701 and the nodes as grey even if they aren't. Like was said, it can take a while to get the last bunch of points

I get that problem as a worgen skinner. I'm at 702 stuck because of the worgen racial to skinning. However being over 700 hasn't counted for achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I get that problem as a worgen skinner. I'm at 702 stuck because of the worgen racial to skinning. However being over 700 hasn't counted for achievement.
    You should get it when you get to 715 as a worgen, since you started at +15, you need to learn it the same amount as a non worgen, yours is just offset by 15.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Gnomish mining knife is 10+ to mining. This is what I'm wondering about. I was at 691 for days, I started searching for an answer today and then I did my garrison mines and got 2 points today on nodes that are grey. I guess it just takes a while longer to level mining this time.

I got to 700 mainly by using my mine and I have the engineering item that increased my mining by +10 (new one from this xpac, not the old one). Everything was grey but it still gave me increases, it just took a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilbus View Post
    Do you have a mining pick (or some other +10 skill item) on you? That would make you 701 and the nodes as grey even if they aren't. Like was said, it can take a while to get the last bunch of points
    This. I had them grey as well, but they did still give me skill points on my mining alt till I got all the way to 700. Mind you, the skill points would be maybe one out of every 5-7 nodes, so it took a while, but I found if you upgrade your mine to level 3, you get from 691 - 700 in about a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had everything grey, but they still gave skill ups sometimes. Quite rarely, but I didn't mind.

Had the same issue, removed the +10 mining pick form my bag and finished the last ~6 levels in about an hour....