Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A peek at crafting without flying

To craft the entry level raiding chest Truesteel Breastplate takes 100 Truesteel Ingot which in turn, takes 20 True Iron Ore and 10 Blackrock Ore.

So you will need 2000 True Iron Ore and 1000 Blackrock Ore to craft this chest. You can wear up to 3 crafted items... so that's a lot of ore.

Of course you could just buy it off the AH... I wonder how much 3000 ore will cost when it takes a lot longer to find and farm from the ground?

Have fun riding around on your favorite ground mount for days farming a chest that can roll random secondary stats that aren't what you were hoping for.

Then get excited to know that LFR drops better.

Yes, yes... many will change their tune once they begin to see past all the "newness" that is WoD.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well since everybody has mines in Garrison I would expect ore will be a bit cheaper; since not every one can use the ore.

Farming it yourself, using your garrison and buying the ores from others.. It's about the same as it would have been.

For 20 TI and 10 BR, you get at least 4 TS. It could be as high as 10 (I think) with max skill.
    Alternately, you could use work orders which give you one TS per 5 TI. This is a better deal than the BS cool down until you can make 5 or more. Then, it depends on relative value of TI vs BR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Well since everybody has mines in Garrison I would expect ore will be a bit cheaper; since not every one can use the ore.
    Pretty much this. I do use the ore and was beyond excited to find nine veins in my mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

And so far, the responses point to spending more time in the garrison. I thought one of the major reasons for no flying was to make content matter more and to make the world feel more alive? But let's spend more time in the garrison... counter to both of those arguments no?

If I can hide away in my garrison and gather all these materials without having to slowly ride around on a land mount or engage mobs... how is that better than being able to fly in a beautiful world and gather native materials?
    Last edited by Maudib; 2014-11-14 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    And so far, the responses point to spending more time in the garrison. I thought one of the major reasons for no flying was to make content matter more and to make the world feel more alive? But let's spend more time in the garrison... counter to both of those arguments no?
    Harvesting the ore in your garrison takes a minute or two. It's not going to keep active people away from the open world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The larger bottleneck is that a BS with a Forge can only make 16 a day, I think.
    To make that many, they would need 50 true iron and 10 black rock. getting that together in one day should be no problem.
    They would have to do that every day for about a week to get the 100 they need. Although max BS can skip a few days and catch up since they get multiple charges. Add a few more maybe in case you want to reroll the stats.

All in all, this isn't so much different than the VP farming of olde.

Deleted
    Oh boy here we go again.

Accept it already, flying is not coming till 6.1, maybe not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    The larger bottleneck is that a BS with a Forge can only make 16 a day, I think.
    i could be wrong, but im fairly certain that if you assign a follower to your smith, it reduces the time work orders take to complete (if i was reading it properly) im not sure how much less time, as i dont have a follower that knows smithing, but its likely to be a significant amount

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC

If I can hide away in my garrison and gather all these materials without having to slowly ride around on a land mount or engage mobs... how is that better than being able to fly in a beautiful world and gather native materials?
    It takes a day for the mine to recharge. We'll still need to go out and farm, but from what I've seen the mining and herbalism nodes are much more numerous now than they have been previously.

Also: 640 is the LFR ilvl. The only items that might be better are the LFR "sets" lb for lb stat for stat these will be the same as the LFR gear.

Ore will be fine. Leather will be more of a challenge. Sure, you can get leather from the barn, but in order to do so you have to go out and nearly kill a beast, trap it, and then wait 4 hours for the work order to finish. As opposed to the herb garden and the mine where you just walk in and get mats. Skinners will be making bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also: 640 is the LFR ilvl. The only items that might be better are the LFR "sets" lb for lb stat for stat these will be the same as the LFR gear.
    Not to mention that the 640 crafted gear can be upgraded.

Deleted
    To craft the entry level raiding chest Truesteel Breastplate takes 100 Truesteel Ingot which in turn, takes 20 True Iron Ore and 10 Blackrock Ore.

So you will need 2000 True Iron Ore and 1000 Blackrock Ore to craft this chest. You can wear up to 3 crafted items... so that's a lot of ore.

Of course you could just buy it off the AH... I wonder how much 3000 ore will cost when it takes a lot longer to find and farm from the ground?

Have fun riding around on your favorite ground mount for days farming a chest that can roll random secondary stats that aren't what you were hoping for.

Then get excited to know that LFR drops better.

Yes, yes... many will change their tune once they begin to see past all the "newness" that is WoD.
    Except you're retarded, and the Truesteel ingot recipe crafts ATLEAST 4 bars per craft, increased by your blacksmithing skill. At 601, i got 5 bars.

Perhaps people will take you seriously when you actually know what you're talking about instead of pulling shit out of your ass.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-11-14 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Harvesting the ore in your garrison takes a minute or two. It's not going to keep active people away from the open world.
    And what will these active people be doing in the open world exactly? I think there will be a lot of active people queuing for dungeons.. and LFR... and battlegrounds, and managing things from within their garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i could be wrong, but im fairly certain that if you assign a follower to your smith, it reduces the time work orders take to complete (if i was reading it properly) im not sure how much less time, as i dont have a follower that knows smithing, but its likely to be a significant amount
    That may be true. I don't know all the details.
    The important thing is that the OP GROSSLY miscalculated the cost of a truesteel ingot and that it takes very little time to queue up several days worth of true steel. Farming ore 24/7 will not make it any faster.

I played beta since the second wave of invites and I still don't miss flying. It ruined the game and I'm glad that until at least 6.1 it's gone.

Also, your math is horrendously off because you get more mats from your daily CD the higher skill level you have. But I guess we should all just buy into your ignorance and assume you did a whole lot of hardcore research into how the WoD crafting system actually works.

Oh, and P.S. Get over yourself and use the Garrison. It's an intended feature and if you want to craft the best stuff ASAP, you have no other choice but to use it. Sorry, but that's the design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Not to mention that the 640 crafted gear can be upgraded.
    And this, your crafted shit can be upgraded to 660+

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    And what will these active people be doing in the open world exactly? I think there will be a lot of active people queuing for dungeons.. and LFR... and battlegrounds, and managing things from within their garrisons.
    Well its good to see you're ignoring the people that are offering proof contrary to your claim...

Yeah, and we will likely be able to upgrade further when new tiers come. I believe the idea is to keep crafted pieces as viable alternatives to raid gear, in order to fill the slots we didn't get lucky on. This is why they limit it to 3 pieces, so that you can't just ignore raids to gear up.