Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Well, the new Bashiok post seemed like it implied they might start maintenance now as they said they were going to do maintenance "tonight" during "off-peak hours" and it is currently 4:20 pm at Blizz hq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And why do some servers attract players and others drive them away ?
    The community on them.
    Players make that problem, and players always complain and blame someone else for it.
    Or hype for the server. I've played on low pop server for a long time because i had a guild of friends here. People started to quit it and out of 40 players (all of us from the same town by the way) we had only 20 left, started to pick up people, time zone issues, personal issues, class balance issues ("lets kick all mages and replace them with warlocks, they do more damage" in ulduar times), loot dramas, we have 8 people left at Cata, and we met huge issues with getting new players in (ANY new players, we were happy to get even blue-geared-WotLK-hype-converted player who haven't seen any raids), and after 3 raid weeks wasted by searching for new players me and my wife decided to move on to another, more popular RU server.

It was most saturated server in RU region and it had 99% of population - Horde, we moved our characters here and race changed to Horde. We found new guild, new friends (same time zones issues, raid ends at 2:00 of local time, at 6:00 we need to get up to work), new affinity with Horde but we met exactly same issue, we couldn't get players in. Well, technically we could, but quality of these players (both gameplay-wise and goodperson-wise) was utter shit. If we could teach blue geared player how to play, here everyone was so confident in what they do that they refused to listen, they bring their own tactics ("i've killed this boss in another guild, we just need to replace our warrior tank with pala, i can get one if you want, just kick current tank and we will do this") and shit, so issues didn't stopped.

TL;DR: I've stumpled upon issues on low populated server and decided to move to high populated server with great guilds (progress-wise) just to find out that:
    i'm not that good as i thought (i can't spend whole week on dailies, i don't want to spend whole weekend on raiding)
    people here are not better than on previous server
    majority of players are "spoiled" with high populated server "bonuses" (lots of players available, you can substitute anyone with anywho)
    People are attracted to high populated servers because they want to feel this MMO part, but they don't want to deal with issues of MMO (lags, lots of players, shortage of resources, bots, asshats, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.