WOD Perks - probably stupid questions

Where do you see them?

Do you get all of them by the time you get to 100?

10+ Year Old Account
    You randomly get them as you level up. You will have them all at 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every 2 levels you'll get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Where do you see them?

Do you get all of them by the time you get to 100?
    At first I was wondering the same thing.
    I couldn't find a place that said what they are - other than wowhead, wowdb etc.
    Once you get them they show up in your spellbook as a passive so you can see what you have gotten.

I was also confused about the every two levels at first too. I thought at one point they said every level.

Quote Originally Posted by Grilelan View Post
    At first I was wondering the same thing.
    I couldn't find a place that said what they are - other than wowhead, wowdb etc.
    Once you get them they show up in your spellbook as a passive so you can see what you have gotten.

I was also confused about the every two levels at first too. I thought at one point they said every level.
    The problem with the "one per level" model is that some were faaaaaar better than others, and it felt shitty to get "improved utility spell" in place of something like "improved execute"

Ok, now here's the real question. Why? Isn't this whole perk thing stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Timotei View Post
    Ok, now here's the real question. Why? Isn't this whole perk thing stupid?
    iirc the original intention was to make each level (now every other level) feel more meaningful, to fill in a void the current talent tree fails to fill.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I get empowered drain life every time. Is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    iirc the original intention was to make each level (now every other level) feel more meaningful, to fill in a void the current talent tree fails to fill.
    Also I think it was to come up with "new" spells like they do with each expansion while not actually adding any new spells (since it'd be weird for them to prune so many spells just to add new ones).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I get empowered drain life every time. Is this a bug?
    Check your spellbook. You're probably getting a different one and it's just bugged. I had a guildmate get empowered demons 4x, and his spellbook had the right ones at lvl98.

are we supposed to be getting em in instances because i dont think i am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    are we supposed to be getting em in instances because i dont think i am.
    You get a total of 4 perks. You get one at level 92, 94, 96, and 98. If you level in a dungeon, you will get the perk. They are passives.

im not seeing 12 second haunts in dungeons and im 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    im not seeing 12 second haunts in dungeons and im 100.
    Haunt only lasts for 8 seconds. With the perk it lasts for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The problem with the "one per level" model is that some were faaaaaar better than others, and it felt shitty to get "improved utility spell" in place of something like "improved execute"
    You mean like how it is now for some classes where half their spells are effectively wasted and garbage? "Improved Unleash - Increases your movement speed by 40% when you Unleash you element." Whoa that is useful, on a class that has instant Ghost Wolf that gives basically the same movement increase. That versus a class like Rogues who get "Improved Slice and Dice - Slice and Dice becomes a passive that is always active." Hmmm, a movement speed buff that MIGHT be useful about 1% of the time vs a buff that removes the need to dump combo points into an ability that can then be dumped into actual damage increase without sacrificing the buff?

At least with "one per level", you had a total of, what? 8-10 perks that would inevitably give 8-10 chances of getting some decent improvements to spells across the board. Sure, maybe you get an improved utility spell at lvl 91, but then at 92 you got lucky and got an improvement to a spell you use constantly for more damage. The key here isn't "does it feel shitty while leveling?" but "at max level when I have them all, do the perks feel shitty compared to other classes/specs?" And the answer is, at max level, some classes/specs have a much shittier selection of perks than others.