Cool Regeneration + Second Wind + Gladiator Stance + Gladiator Sanctum = Unkillable Wars?

EDIT: While Glad stance doesn't work because you supposedly can't change stances in combat, it's nonessential to the build. You'll still recieve 75% less damage and still leech for 1500 HP per second, and those two stats are the big kickers.

Need your help guys theory crafting here; it's not like I'd actually pay $25 for race change to stack all these buffs or anything...

So, if we combine the Troll racial passive, Regeneration, and the talents Second Wind with the 5% increased dmg reduction for defensive stance from Gladiator's Resolve, stacked with the passive yielded from Gladiator's Sanctum, what do you get?

Here's the scenario: your in Ashran (as a Glad Prot), and you suddenly begin dying. You drop below 35%, and you pop defensive stance. That's 30% less dmg. Stacked with half dmg from the garrison building (80% less dmg recieved). That basically means your only receiving 20% damage. Your Second Wind kicks in, and with an average of 15k DPS, that means you'll recover 1500 HP per second. That will easily not only offset the other 20% dmg, but will actually heal through it! That's insane! You'd only be able to die if you didn't fight back for the leech to kick in (which should not be possible with your CC breaker trinket and berserk abilities at your disposal), or if you are on the receiving end of a boss level alpha strike.

Should I chan- wait, no, I didn't mean it that way! Your thoughts on this build?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2014-11-15 at 04:13 AM.

You can't change stances once in combat with gladiators resolve.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes me wonder does shadowmeld pop you out of combat? Could you use that for a fast stance swap?

Okay then, if we removed the 5% bonus from Gladiator Stance, it's still pretty viable as Arms or Fury. Let's see... 75% less dmg received while under 35% health, still regenerating 10% health and leeching 1500 per second while fighting. That's still OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    That makes me wonder does shadowmeld pop you out of combat? Could you use that for a fast stance swap?
    If it does, then Nelves would be by far the strongest race for this build, even more so than Trolls.

It will be pretty solid. Many classes have some impressive self healing capabilities now. Ret for example.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

gladiator stance doesn't give any dmg reduction and you can't change stances in combat

Damage reduction is multiplied, not added. A 50% reduction with another 25% reduction results in a 62.5% reduction. Without speccing for Gladiator it's 50% and 20% which results in a 60% reduction.
    So, yeah. Barely better than Gladiator sanctum's buff alone. But yes, that buff has a good synergy with Second Wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Damage reduction is multiplied, not added. A 50% reduction with another 25% reduction results in a 62.5% reduction. Without speccing for Gladiator it's 50% and 20% which results in a 60% reduction.
    So, yeah. Barely better than Gladiator sanctum's buff alone. But yes, that buff has a good synergy with Second Wind.
    ^^ This

The calculation goes like this:
    Defencive stance -25% damage taken (75% damage taken overall)
    Gladiator's Sanctum buff when you're low hp -50% damage taken (0,75*0,5=0,375) (37,5% damage taken overall)

Keep in mind that being below 35% means you're in range for execute abilities, which will result in an increased spike damage from other players.

I'm pretty sure a destruction warlock with a couple of Shadowburns will execute you even through the defencive stance and gladiator's sanctum buff.