Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I use in each boss fight when there's too much AoE, it's a nice way of getting everybody up to 75% HP and after i'm done start hotting everybody. Sure, it's probably not as efficient as it was in MoP (Didn't play). But I find it a viable choice when you're having a problems with AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    It still make 0 sense. So instead of using your "raid cooldown" you're going to use your normal hot because its more effective ? Dont forget that tranq is a channeled spell and you cant do anything else while its used.
    Played since vanilla and honestly tranq has never acted this way, its undertuned compared to my monk and shaman raid cooldowns.
    But if you think that all the other healers should have normal raid cooldowns and druids for some reason should get this wonky tranq then by all means.
    Tranq heals for the same as the other cooldowns. Don't know how you get the impression it would be worse. HTT has been nerfed and Tranq heals for more over a shorter period. Of course you can still cast other spells while HTT is active, so it's balanced.

If you want to continue bashing Tranq, show some numbers. Everything I know and read (tooltips) says you're wrong.

After getting 630 ilvl it's feeling much better in 5 mans. Gearing helps, tanks gearing helps, it's all good once you can get past that initial ouch phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, it's not as powerful as it was in MoP, but it's far from being useless. Especially when combined with Wild Growth.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    You've done hundreds of heroics and you are only 619? Is hundreds of heroics even physically possible in 3 days?
    The only way for me to gear is to have group loot and just hope for the best. Personal loot is a no go with my luck. Not everyone is lucky in this game you see, surprising ins't it? Also 2 days 12 hours played on 100 might tell how much time and effort have gone to running heroics and challanges (that is with absolutely minimal afk time). Also, hundreds sound better than tens so go figure.

Now with 632 ilvl it's slowly starting to actually do something other than nothing, just felt really undertuned but it's scaling pretty well with gear it seems.
    Last edited by mmoca6cd5b3f6f; 2014-11-17 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    At ilvl 620 right now i'm feeling it is lacking a little although using it in tangent with other CD's to help boost it i see it performs well and helps! I expect its just teething issues with gear! I mean I got through Everbloom CM (albeit in an hour and 30 mins...) but it helped!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Tranq heals for the same as the other cooldowns. Don't know how you get the impression it would be worse. HTT has been nerfed and Tranq heals for more over a shorter period. Of course you can still cast other spells while HTT is active, so it's balanced.

If you want to continue bashing Tranq, show some numbers. Everything I know and read (tooltips) says you're wrong.
    I dont know why you qutote me as you didnt reply to anything i wrote but instead made up arguments that i didnt say. So either you should reread the post or you misquoted.

Anyway, noone argued that its much weaker than the other raid cooldowns on its own. What i said was that its channeled making you locked up while on my shaman i can always drop a healin rain / chain heal at the same time or go for revival (instant) and t-tea + mist+uplift x 4 for more healing. And no, tranq isnt as strong as that not by a mile.

Tranq being 250.2% spellpower every 2 sec for 8 sec. 8/2 = 4 x 250.2 = 1000.8

Revival 1193.8% spellpower, instantly. clears poisons and debuffs. Every uplift is 162% x 4 if you go for full burst. thats another 648% in the same time as that one tranquility. Thats without counting the T-tea.

HTT is only 60% spellpower for 10 sec that = 600%. But you can combine it with healing rain and chainheal making the most very potent.

And by the way, never go by tooltip as they often lag behind the patchnotes. Use a reliable source instead.
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2014-11-17 at 07:09 AM.

This is how the new healing model works. In this xpac if people aren't constantly avoiding avoidable damage, smartly using defensives, interrupting everything you will wipe. Healers cannot carry anymore, gg. Yeah tranq is pretty shitty for 5s now. Its basically a 5 man rejuve x5 seconds but as stated it helps by healing 20 ppl in mythics (although s till not strong)

The thing with tranq is that it now always hit all players. Right now it's healing all 5 group members for as much it would heal 5 ppl in a 30 player raid. So when you are playing in a 30 player raid tranq will be 6x stronger.

Disappointed to here these remarks towards our lovely tranquility spell. Maybe this is a good thing as long as the other classes are having these issues at this point in the game as well.

I'm not 100 yet but I hope you guys are obviously keeping rejuvs & WG rolling, & Preemptively casting tranq before the heavy damage in sues.

I'm 100 since day 1, been healing for a few days, atm i'm at 630 ilvl. Honestly, it's not bad. The worst is that there is usually 1 sec until the first heal ticks. It's def not a "oh shit" button. I dont use tranq if I dont have at least 2 dots rolling on the tank. Usually when big AOE happens, I refresh tank's hot, then WG, then tranq. Works like a charm.

Granted, I didnt play resto on progress during SOO (or MoP even, I played resto Monk) but from a fresh perspective on this class, I think it's filling its purpose.

Other wise, the class is REALLY good, I'm having 0 problem with heroics. It was fine at 610 ilvl, it's almost rollface now at near-full heroic gear. Cant wait for raids.
    My 2c.

I have not had any major problems with tranq. Sure it's not as strong as it used to be if you wanna instantly top your group but its still usefull.
    If you've massive AoE on your group make sure you're using Efflo and WG with Rejuvs up and that should be enough.

Healing heroics with 609 and I'm not having any major problems unless the tank pulls a lot of trash at the same time.

I really like Omen of Clarity for 5mans as you're spamming regrowth a lot to keep em up.

I mainly use Tree of Life or Heart of the Wild when big AoE happens, Tranq is just too weak, I am sorry to say.

As mentioned above, Tranq will be good in raids (the bigger raid the better) because it heals every single party/raid member. It's weak on 5 targets, I don't even bother in heroics.

It's much weaker now, when your party is small. It now heals EVERYONE, so in actual raid groups it is a very large heal if everyone is taking damage, but its effectiveness is vastly reduced as your lower the amount of people in the group. Previously in a 5 man it would basically do it's max healing. Now it does 1/4th at best.

So basically in 5 mans tranq can be used as a mana cooldown when everyone is taking some aoe damage.... not having any issues healing dungeons with other spells though, even with tanks pulling 3-5 packs.

On some very excessive AoE fights I simply combine Tranq with Heart of the Wild, and it does top the group off again, at around 620 ilvl.
    Sure, its not as strong as it used to be some time ago, but its still quite useful if everyone is half dead.

The only thing to keep in mind however is that its not strong enough to heal a tank through incoming boss dps, so should always make sure to keep hots on him before, 2x rejuv and lifebloom usually do the trick.

Far too many people got used to it being a OP top off the entire group spell. It isn't like that now and with the way healing has gone it shouldn't be.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Something you guys need to note about the new Tranq.
    It heals EVERYONE in range.
    40 man raid? Heals EVERYONE.
    5man party? heals EVERYONE.

The problem is, it heals everyone for the same low amount.
    This makes it very inefficient in a 5man setting.
    Remember. it used to heal 6 people for ALOT, even in a raid.
    Then it got changed to; 6 people in 10man, 12 people in 25man -- but still balanced around healing for ALOT.
    Now it heals everyone for X. X is a small number, but in a 25man raid, it will be significant because it will heal ALL 25 people.

What some posters have said is pretty accurate. Basically; in a 5man don't bother. Or at least, don't bother unless you take Tree form + HOTW talent and pop both beforehand...
    But even then, you're better off putting 2 rejuv's on everyone anyway (with that new 100 talent)

I hope they change/buff it (among ALL raid cooldowns) for 5man usage, because it is ass weak in 5mans.

I honestly thought it was bugged my first few CM's.... It's just really not the globals you waste at the moment. It's rather crazy.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

In current gear, in 5 mans, yeah the amount healed per tick feels pretty weak. It's almost better to use during non intense phases to save some mana. Tree of Life however is much stronger at being the "raid cd" for a 5 man