10+ Year Old Account

Handy Notes: Draenor Treasures

Anyone use Handy Notes: Draenor Treasures?? I see rares on the map but then there are BLUE rare skulls on my map. Why are they blue?

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Anyone use Handy Notes: Draenor Treasures?? I see rares on the map but then there are BLUE rare skulls on my map. Why are they blue?
    The blue coloured icons on the map represent rares of a higher level (100).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    The blue coloured icons on the map represent rares of a higher level (100).
    Ohh ok. I was wondering why. I thought it was blue because they were daily rares or rares that are linked to daily quests >.<

Been using this addon. It is amazing. Highly recommend it for getting those treasures and goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Been using this addon. It is amazing. Highly recommend it for getting those treasures and goodies.
    Does it track treasures and rares you've gotten previous to getting the addon? I didn't use one for my first character, but I'd like it for alts, and would like it to go back and find all the stuff I didn't on my first exploration through Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonexe View Post
    Does it track treasures and rares you've gotten previous to getting the addon? I didn't use one for my first character, but I'd like it for alts, and would like it to go back and find all the stuff I didn't on my first exploration through Draenor.
    Yes, it checks the hidden quest ID for (most) rares and will know if you did something prior to using the addon.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

I installed this but it seems to not be working, the addon is red in the menu, do you have to download the normal handy notes first?
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using handynotes for years and years, it used to interact with Silverdragon quite well, meaning it'd show you where all the old world rare spawns were ( Items from old rares used to sell for a bomb)

You need to install handynotes first then install the WOD or it dosen't install correctly.

Deleted
    it seems that the blue skulls will be rare again the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the blue skulls are daily rares in so far as you are only eligible for loot the first time you make the kill each day. This seems to be an across the board setting for all level 100 rares too.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Ohh ok. I was wondering why. I thought it was blue because they were daily rares or rares that are linked to daily quests >.<
    The blue skulls are rares that are located in areas linked to the daily Garrison missions you get access to at level 100. They have a (much) longer spawn time compared to the white skull rares.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is a double edged sword. I love finding treasures and there is a shitload - but this is definitely an addon that is like bacon...or "insert temptation you cannot resist".

If this addon was disallowed, we would just have much, much, much more time to spend in the game finding these. In a way it deprives me of immersion, content, the feeling of achievement. Well..I myself do it.
    I really didn't want to use this addon, and I didn't install it until after I bought the in-game treasure map for Shadowmoon Valley and saw how many treasures I had missed while levelling. But the sheer amount of rares and treasure, especially those rewarding resources and pets (coupled with my limited play time for the foreseeable future) drove me to install it.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2014-11-20 at 10:09 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    I installed this but it seems to not be working, the addon is red in the menu, do you have to download the normal handy notes first?
    You need to download the core, Handy Notes yes.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If this addon was disallowed, we would just have much, much, much more time to spend in the game finding these. In a way it deprives me of immersion, content, the feeling of achievement. Well..I myself do it.
    People would just use maps and such like they always have, plus some of these treasures location... I don't think I'd ever find some of these if I spent every single day exploring till the next expansion (climb to top of mountain, jump across like 9 mushrooms, oo there's a pet here.)