Leveling followers for raid level missions

hi all,

so I got to level 100 yesterday, during my leveling I went out and got almost all followers "out in the wild" and some from quests. Right now with a level 1 barracks I had to deactivate few just to stay within cap.

my question now is about leveling and whom to level. I noticed that I have multiple followers countering the same ability and there are 1-2 abilities that I have not a single follower that counters it. When sending my guys on a mission from the set of 10+ missions I can maybe do 4-5 as I have counters for those.

I'm wondering how should I prepare for the upcoming high ilevel missions. Is there a best set of followers I should get and level those? Should I just go through all the counters and find one of each? How do you plan for it? I have a feeling I am not leveling my followers optimally and it might screw me in the long run. Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Evenh if you don't have counters still send followers out if you have them. You get some exp if they fail and I've had many succeed with 40-60% success rates. You can also get items that let you reroll abilities on followers although they're rare.

Well, you should get a group of followers with varying traits and counters (So you can counter many threats), quality doesn't matter very much, since less-than-epic followers can improve in quality when they get XP at level 100.

But there are no followers that are outright better than others (Except maybe ones with specific building-related attributes, but you asked about missions...), since any follower can become epic and all epic followers have the same number of traits and abilities it's mostly a matter of taste.

but isnt it for instance better to make sure to have counters for each abilities rather than have the multiple followers with same counters?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    but isnt it for instance better to make sure to have counters for each abilities rather than have the multiple followers with same counters?
    I would say yes, personally. I'd rather be able to completely counter a 10 hour 3 man quest, rather than pick at 3 that don't counter and put the success rate under 80% and end up with almost nothing in reward.

I have a ton of followers that counter AoE and the uhh, the one with the earthquake icon. I don't need all of them. When I log in, I intend to switch some out so I don't have to avoid like 4 of my available missions just because I can't counter to a high enough point.

How do follower missions even work? I've gotten 4 total so far, I'm 100 and have 14+ followers so far(varying levels). Am I just unlucky? Ive seen people with 20+ followers.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    How do follower missions even work? I've gotten 4 total so far, I'm 100 and have 14+ followers so far(varying levels). Am I just unlucky? Ive seen people with 20+ followers.
    On the big list of followers you can see how to obtain each one. I think there are some not on the list tho
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    On the big list of followers you can see how to obtain each one. I think there are some not on the list tho
    im talking about getting the missions, not the followers....
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!