Deleted

Mindbender mechanics

Does anyone have details of exactly how mindbender works?

how much mana per swing (base mana, or actual mana... gnome racial?), how many swings, and how is it affected by haste?

The mindbender attacks once per 1.5 seconds, for 15 seconds, for 0.75% total mana per attack (stacks with modifiers like gnome). I imagine the impact of haste to the swing timer is linear, but I don't know.

Deleted
    does it shorten the duration with haste or increase the number of attacks? I could test it... if nobody knows :P

It increases the number of attacks and scales linearly. Every percent of haste reduces the attack speed by one percent. There's still some breakpoints since you have a limited duration. 5% haste would for example reduce AS to 1.43 which wouldn't be enough to land an additional attack, but 10% would be enough to add one extra attack and an additional 0.75% mana.

It's hardly worth using over Solace though. Solace is 12% mana per minute and MB with no haste is 7.5%. To add enough attacks to make them equal, you would need 60% haste to add 6 additional attacks.

Deleted
    The problem with solace though is that it's "Patchwerk", in the most challeging content you would not, and you should not, have time to use solace just like that efficiently.

The Atonement days are over.

It practically doesn't heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    It increases the number of attacks and scales linearly. Every percent of haste reduces the attack speed by one percent. There's still some breakpoints since you have a limited duration. 5% haste would for example reduce AS to 1.43 which wouldn't be enough to land an additional attack, but 10% would be enough to add one extra attack and an additional 0.75% mana.

It's hardly worth using over Solace though. Solace is 12% mana per minute and MB with no haste is 7.5%. To add enough attacks to make them equal, you would need 60% haste to add 6 additional attacks.
    That's assuming you use solace on CD. My experience is when I need mana it's probably because I'm casting spells to keep people alive, in such a situation solace probably wouldn't be enough throughput. Just working generally on the idea that solace is used every 15sec it changes it to 1050mp5 from mindbender and 1120mp5 from solace. a mere 7% haste would then (presumably, if you do actually get 'partial' ticks) put mind bender ahead.
    Not meaning to suggest mind bender has more potential. solace will nearly always win if it's used on CD.

So, any confirmation on mindbender partial ticks / breakpoints / only 7.5% mana but faster?