Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Has anyone worked out how to maximize honor per minute in Ashran

There is in my opinion a lack of information regarding Ashran in game. In order to know how best to play it and make it worth playing when farming honor you'll need research online.

Has anyone worked out this yet, how best to farm honor per minute spent in Ashran? I was in there for an hour and got less than 100 honor.
    I took part in the mine cart event but was killed thus getting no credit, this is poor but this is also off topic.

If anyone out there has a comprehensive what to do in Ashran for max honor / conquest please post here, there are many besides me who'd like to know.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ashran is a mass pvp zone, so you won´t get max honor unless it is full. Most people are not even half done leveling, so just wait and do bgs in the meantime
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It saddens me to see livestreams with people just mass killing the bosses in the Horde place in Ashran. I seriously hope Ashran will be more like the Q&A livestream they did, else it will just be dead content once again.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    It saddens me to see livestreams with people just mass killing the bosses in the Horde place in Ashran. I seriously hope Ashran will be more like the Q&A livestream they did, else it will just be dead content once again.
    I agree... I was randomly teleported to Ashran after a garrison not found issue.... was an Army of Alliance there just rofl stomping the place, with the fury of 1/2 decade of horrible bg experiences.
    I only saw 2 other realms plus my realm so I'm holding out hope that with more levelers hitting 100 it evens out a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I agree... I was randomly teleported to Ashran after a garrison not found issue.... was an Army of Alliance there just rofl stomping the place, with the fury of 1/2 decade of horrible bg experiences.
    I only saw 2 other realms plus my realm so I'm holding out hope that with more levelers hitting 100 it evens out a bit.
    People also have noticed that cross-realm functionality hasn't been enabled in Ashran yet. That would explain that place being lopsided in one faction's favor in most cases.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just in a big push into enemy base took 30minutes form out base, big 40 man raids but in that time I got less than 10 honor.
    What is wrong with that picture. I'd assume that killing the Leader who sits in the main hut grants a big chunk of honor or a box of treasures but
    we need to get more for taking part. I for one am not interested in just a big zerg, it got boring fast.

There is much more to Ashran I'm sure but like I asked in OP, at the moment I have no clue what is the best way to maximize my time spent in there.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    People also have noticed that cross-realm functionality hasn't been enabled in Ashran yet. That would explain that place being lopsided in one faction's favor in most cases.
    Cross realm is enabled, don't spread false information. I play on Sargeras Alliance and we're matched against Tichondrious Horde to avoid the past mistakes of lopsided servers in Cata with Tol Barard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in an entire Ashran, participated fully, we killed the boss and wiped out the enemy base...and I got zero honor other then from the HK's I got. Was ridiculous. Did that three times in a row as the battle restarted...no honor each time.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some Ashran on Saturday, got 600+ Honor everytime we killed the Horde boss, which we was doing every 8-10 minutes. Surprised to not see much Horde considering there was at least 4 different servers in that Ashran.

Tried some today but it bugged pretty badly, Champions don't spawn, there's no timers and the Horde boss has cloned himself.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm pretty firm in my belief that unless you are just roflstomping the other team, it is going to be awful for honor. I'm about 1/4 of the way to my Manslayer title, out of that barely ANY honor was gained. We couldn't kill the Ally boss, before they had reinforcements (only maybe 10-15 Horde were grouped up, 20 at the most, but very unorganized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

The only way I've received any honor other than HKs is from the bonus objectives, and for those I have no idea when or how the become active. I've been in Ashran for about 3-4 hours total and all I have ever seen is back and forth pushing in the middle, with the side whose boss is active being the one pushing forward. I have never seen either side even get remotely close to killing the general. At least with regular BGs you will get some honor even if you lose, but you could play Ashran for hours and get virtually nothing.

Look at the yellow dots on the map. There usually is some objective to be done which rewards you with honor and a lockbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a tank with artifact, go in enemy base, have tank aggro boss, kill boss while ignoring all the other shit and collect 700 honor. Takes 10-15 min if done right.