Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel bad for the Alliance on my server/battlegroup. Farmed the entire pvp set in less than a day cause it was just nonstop pushing/winning. Was getting something like 4k honor an hour for the longest stretch of the day, Alliance rarely even left their own base. They seemed to be outnumbered the whole time so that probably explains why they weren't willing to fight us outside their base.

I will say though, it is boring as all hell as a ranged character. It's almost always just aoe everything around the npc's you're attacking. I'm sure as a melee it's more involved since their is actual aoe and npc mechanics to pay attention to, but not much to be said for us ranged guys.

My most engaging part of it was being sent to jail by an Alliance Paladin during one of the fights, and then the failed attempt at freeing myself from the Alliance base. I made up for it later though by leading a rescue mission to get back one of our comrads from the cellblock!

Deleted
    I tried it and it doesn't seem very interesting or fun at all, also if the enemy "tree" (big mob with millions of HP) is in your base you can't do much about that, if you are melee it is even worse since you will die almost instantly. Also it doesn't seem like you can earn anything, there should be some kind of reward for participating, even if your are losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    I actually enjoyed Wintergrasp but Blizzard's other PVP zones have been terrible.
    Wintergrasp stopped being fun when they removed Tenacity. One-shotting 10 people with Shockwave during that stun immune window due to DR timers never got old. Never really got to win Wintergrasp, but who cares? You got to be a raid boss for a little while!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Wintergrasp stopped being fun when they removed Tenacity. One-shotting 10 people with Shockwave during that stun immune window due to DR timers never got old. Never really got to win Wintergrasp, but who cares? You got to be a raid boss for a little while!
    Not being able to run VoA sometimes for the entire weak royally blows though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    "Increased the amount of players that can be in Ashran to 150."

A new boosted player with no prior mmo experience whoc just reached 100 and entered Ashran for 5 minutes could of made a better change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matugm View Post
    I tried it and it doesn't seem very interesting or fun at all, also if the enemy "tree" (big mob with millions of HP) is in your base you can't do much about that, if you are melee it is even worse since you will die almost instantly. Also it doesn't seem like you can earn anything, there should be some kind of reward for participating, even if your are losing.
    Please NO. People should never be rewarded for losing. Its BS and promotes bots. They should reduce the number of players able to enter and open more instances of it which you enter randomly to avoid scenarios where your faction gets dominated 247.

It is a fucking disaster, winning side keeps winning because they dominate all the objectives and goodies as well as faster gearing up which cause them to dominate even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It is a fucking disaster, winning side keeps winning because they dominate all the objectives and goodies as well as faster gearing up which cause them to dominate even more.
    It's even easier - the winning side keeps winning and going for more, the losing side see that they are losing and stop trying. Since numeric balance is not enforced, the winning side always has more people. With the intensity / rewards of Ashran, several days is all it takes to establish the feedback loop.

The only way to break this loop is to enforce numeric balance via means that actually work, *and say LOUDLY on the forums that Ashran has changed dramatically* so that people who took a look and left disappointed actually go and take a look again.

Deleted
    We can´t get out of base in my server, not to mention that´s imposible to farm for rep grind as if you are lucky enough to "escape" and try to kill some mobs for tokens you will be stunlocked by rogues and druids...

Had to make the 800 apexis crystal daily today as the 1k daily expected me to bring 100 tokens from Ashran... GL to farm even 25 on my server

Deleted
    It's absurdly snowbally and I can't figure out how Blizzard didn't see this coming. There are multiple factors creating massively one-sided "battles" (if you can even call them that).

1. sides aren't forced to be balanced, so people will simply leave and/or refuse to join the losing side
    2. the boss NPCs have tons of health, hit hard, are healable and never seem to disappear, resulting in massive imbalance from a potentially slight player imbalance
    3. the winning side gets a ton of honour, which at this stage of the expansion helps them gear much faster and thus win even harder

I don't think I've even been able to leave the Alliance base yet because the Horde rock elemental just comes in and tanks everything while the Horde kill off the leader. Oh, and it's possible to kite Tremblade onto the slope outside the keep, which is silly because then you can't get to her to help.

I think Proudmoore got phased differently, and to say the least, I am now even more disappointed...... they phased us with Hyjal it looks like.... so now its not even 1 sided..... its just dead.

ON my realm where is 99.9% Horde, CRZ seems to kick in, and we Horde, cannot leave our base, alliance tree simply farming everyone, and dont get me started on frames, and now its 150ppl max..jeez.
    As soon as i get my 40k HK's left for Bloodthirsty and Warlord title, i wont step foot in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Something has happened to the instance that Dragonmaw-EU is connected to. We actually managed to push the Horde halfway back to their base today. Of course our Fangraal has been bugged since the early morning and hasn't left the base, so we can't actually win anything. But still an improvement! So lovely to see more Alliance around.

As a melee player I think Ashran is total garbage, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    As a melee player I think Ashran is total garbage, I hate it.
    I agree it sucks for melee, on my boomkin though i topped damage with shit gear, all that aoe lol.

Ashran is great for gearing up for pvp if your faction dominates the zone. I had a full set of gear in about 2 nights of playing. It's a free honor feast.

That being said... the zone is a mess. There are too many hard hitting pve mobs, the mini-objectives in each subzone are quite boring, and plan on spending quite a bit of gold on repairs if you spend any decent amount of time in Ashran as you will be dying A LOT to overpowered pve NPCs.

If you play on the outnumbered faction for your particular Ashran CRZ, don't even bother entering the zone as you won't even get outside your gate. And if you do manage to squeeze by the zerg, you will most likely be promptly ganked 30 seconds later and sent back to your graveyard.

It's very unfun and I'm very disappointed this is what the pvp devs spent their time working on. I cannot believe this zone went live in it's current state.

Lol in the teasers, there were side objectives, dozens of artifacts, a tug of war in the middle

in real ashran, just a giant tree and 150 alliance vs 20 half afk horde pushed into a little base

Sorry to hear that trashran is just as horrid as it looked in beta. That map is so stupid, how could it ever be anything but a zerg fest?
    Giant failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man they really screwed over Korgath Ashran, few nights ago we were about equal with horde, we out numbered them by a little bit, was often time good fights, now you go in and we're paired with a horde dominated server, and the horde just have it on farm, no ally there to defend at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the disappointment with Assran continues, as the Honor bonus for killing the enemy general was nerfed significantly:

-High Warlord Volrath and Grand Marshal Tremblade now only award 50 Honor for defeating them (down from 500).
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran is now a completely useless zone. I can't think of one reason to go there anymore, other than the fact that a queue is required to purchase PVP gear.