Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why can't we just fight Putin already?

So with the news media covering the WWI Nov. 11 armistice anniversary recently, it got me thinking: when can the youth of today have their own Great War to fight in?

It's really not fair. Until ours and our father's time, every generation had an epoch-defining armed conflict they could get involved in, where they could change the world and feel important. WWII, WWI, the American Civil War, the Napoleonic Wars. Real wars. For their efforts, the participants were remembered as heroes and their stories the stuff of legend. So that even today, 100 years after WWI, the war and the soldiers that fought in it are feted and celebrated each Nov. 11. Plus of course, the soldiers received a pension for life and discounts on services like healthcare.

It's not fair! I want to have a real war to fight in, so that 50 years from now I can tell my grandchildren of how I saved humanity's freedom and each year I can march down main street in a parade, be given a kiss by a fair maiden despite being a wrinkly old man at that point, and free beers. But what do I have to look forward to? A boring career, boring consumerism, fake wars in the World of Warcraft. The youth of today are willing, straining at the leash to fight. Just look at Muslim youth who have rallied to the cause of the Arab Spring, this shows the old spirit of our forefathers lives in us. But unlike ISIS, our politicians do not oblige. Where is our real war? Where is our chance to prove ourselves to the world and make it better through war?

Now of course, some people might say that I can fight now. I can join the Marines and get sent to Afghanistan, to fight some goatherd with an ak. But that's not a real war! Afghanistan and the wars we are fighting now, those are colonial wars. We're fighting savages, armed with sticks (comparatively to our technological might). The outcome of battles are never in doubt, we're guaranteed to win. Just like Vietnam, the soldiers that fight in those wars aren't remembered. They just did their jobs, and kept people like Karzai in power, eating steaks at Bagram airbase until their two years were up. They weren't heroes that stood up to Nazism or slavery. They weren't fighting battles against a foe with equal training and equipment, battles that they could actually lose.

I want a real war! But the politicians won't oblige.

So we see people, white people in the UK, in Australia, slinking off to fight for ISIS. Because we want to fight for a cause. And our politicians lambast us for trying to claim what we deserve, the change to fight for a cause! The chance to follow in the footsteps of our forefathers, who fought in WWI and WWII, before age and decrepitude means we have lost that opportunity forever. All because our politicians won't oblige and give us a real war to fight in.

But there is a foe that we can fight. A real war for us to be remembered as heroes in!

Russia. Russia right now is a mad dog, bullying its neighbouring countries and depriving them of freedom ; annexing entire regions ; shooting down airliners and killing innocent civilians and journalists ; keeping its own populace oppressed and deprived of real information with all media controlled by the state. As an internet user, nothing angers me more than censorship! Russia must burn for that. Russians are worse than Nazis, and they need to be disarmed right now before they can hurt anyone else.

The whole world agrees on this. At G20, all the heads of state gathered to agree that Russia needs to be stopped. Already, Russia has been blockaded with sanctions so they cannot get any new weapons. But why stop at that? Why can't we fight Russia right now and give the people what they want?

Why can't we just fight Russia already?

---------------------------
    I would like to answer this question. As I learned from movies, when coming to a decision, one should write down the pros and cons. Then, based on how each side is weighted, the choice should be made.

The pros of fighting a war against Russia:
    1. We will win.
    2. We will win, because it will be Russia vs the whole world. As we saw at G20, every nation that matters is steadfastly opposed to Russia and will fight against her if there is a war. And noone can defeat the whole world!
    3. We will win, because the local populace will support us. A people so oppressed, as they are in Russia, cannot possibly remain supportive of their regime once the blinkers of state propaganda and internet censorship are removed. Once war starts, the Russian people will turn on their slavemasters and support our effort to free them.
    4. As a result the war will be short and easy, and we will return home as heroes that brought freedom and security to Eastern Europe.
    5. General Winter is no longer on Russia's side. Because of technology, winter does not have the effect that it used to and these days a little winter won't stop our planes, satellites, tanks or troops.
    6. There will be no nuclear war. Putin knows that he cannot use nukes. If he loses in a conventional war, the worst that will happen to him is that he loses power but Russia will be mostly intact. If he dares to use nukes, he knows that our response will be to ensure that every Russian man, woman and children will die in the fires of a nuclear holocaust and that Russia will be annihilated from the face of the Earth. So nukes will remain as they are: weapons that are so powerful they can never be used.

Cons:
    1. Some of us might die. But that's a risk you have to take!

So there you have it! Based on a scientific pro and con analysis, there is only one conclusion: we must fight Putin. We must fight Russia! So that 100 years from now, on November 16, our progeny will line up and cheer us as the defenders of freedom.

The youth of today deserve our World War III!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-11-16 at 04:56 PM.

I'll give you a hit, if you try to fight Russia, your fate will be the same as every other power that's tried to fight Russia.

You will grind yourself into oblivion.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    So with the news media covering the WWI Nov. 11 armistice anniversary recently, it got me thinking: when can the youth of today have their own Great War to fight in?
    Great war? Wars don't make one great! - Yoda

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying you're wrong.... but.... our time? Unless your 100 years old I doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

--snip--
    The youth of today deserve our World War III!
    What in the flying fuck....

If u want a war go fight it yourself.

Your a idiot if u think War sloves everything. Those who don't learn from there history are doomed to repeat it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    First world problems, "we don't have many wars!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you have issues....

Anybody who has fought in one of those 'great wars' will tell you that you're a god-damned fool.

Also, don't insult science by calling your explanation of why you want to do something stupid science.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Great war? Wars don't make one great! - Yoda
    "Most soldiers enjoyed WWI" (Snow, 2014)

10 big myths about World War One debunked - BBC.com
    "Many soldiers enjoyed WW1. If they were lucky they would avoid a big offensive, and much of the time conditions might be better than at home.

For the British there was meat every day - a rare luxury back home - cigarettes, tea and rum, part of a daily diet of more than 4,000 calories.

Remarkably, absentee rates due to sickness, an important barometer of a unit's morale, were hardly above those of peacetime. Many young men enjoyed the guaranteed pay, the intense comradeship, the responsibility and a much greater sexual freedom than in peacetime Britain."

As a student I could so with some more guaranteed pay.

I'll fight Putin one on one, I think it would be a hell of a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need putin for a war, the US is seemingly about to throw themselves into iraq 3.0 although its not certain it will happen at this point.

"Most soldiers enjoyed WWI" (Snow, 2014)

10 big myths about World War One debunked - BBC.com
    "Many soldiers enjoyed WW1. If they were lucky they would avoid a big offensive, and much of the time conditions might be better than at home.

For the British there was meat every day - a rare luxury back home - cigarettes, tea and rum, part of a daily diet of more than 4,000 calories.

Remarkably, absentee rates due to sickness, an important barometer of a unit's morale, were hardly above those of peacetime. Many young men enjoyed the guaranteed pay, the intense comradeship, the responsibility and a much greater sexual freedom than in peacetime Britain."

Yes, I'm sure being gassed and losing your eyesight was tons of fun. The joy of waiting for the next artillery barrage and charge across No Man's Land.
    If you're going to troll, at least be a better one.

Because the western world owe their freedom to the Russians for making sure the allied forces won ww2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    Because the western world owe their freedom to the Russians for making sure the allied forces won ww2.
    It doesn't matter, and everyone owes to everyone in ww2 situation, without anyone participating it could end very badly
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I didnt read anything of what you said I think a mod should close this post, Or shall I post why cant we just fight Obama?

You are talking about a president of a country here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It doesn't matter, and everyone owes to everyone in ww2 situation, without anyone participating it could end very badly
    Russia would have won the war alone.

"

Why not just join isis - the sexual freedom should be there as well at least as long as you keep it to the slaves.
    My great grandfather lost a leg and used some good old Mustard Gas. Even being a proud Prussian he didn't really enjoy the war.

Because Russia have enough nukes to scorche the planet many many times?
    stop with the moonshine redneck

It's really not fair.
    Oh, do fuck off.