Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    And in the meantime, the U.S. government continues to be good buddies with the head-chopping family dictatorship of Saudi Arabia.

"Kerry hails disgruntled Saudi Arabia as important US ally"
    "Saudi Arabia steps up beheadings; some see political message"
    "Saudi Arabia beheads seventh Pakistani in one month"

While there's no question that ISIL regime is truly evil, the fact that they regularly murder people by decapitation is not why the US government is opposed to them. Anyone who squawks about the "evils of ISIL" while ignoring what's happening the next country over is peddling a line of BS.
    Decapitation is a form of capital punishment in Saudi Arabia, it's not done via sawing through the neck. It's a swipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'll that back, apparently a family member of whoever was murdered can kill the murderer and it's often not very well done...
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredDragoon View Post
    You realize that statements like these cause the hippies to want to throw their soybeans and tofu at you, right? I mean shit, ISIS could behead a hippie, and after his head is on the ground he'd still be telling you how much he thinks you are too aggressive.
    I know. I simply stopped caring.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to stop giving these guys so much publicity. Recognize the life of the captive but don't give publicity to the murderers. Its just a desperate projection of power after we've bombed a bunch of their friends, and they will keep doing it so long they get attention from it. The only reason why they keep their captives alive is for their little stunts.

Stop giving these assholes attention. Focus on the poor guy who lost his life. I can't speak for them but some of the victims probably wouldn't want their last moment plastered all over the place to help the murderers to deliver their message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    You have

A. Oil (That keeps the USA afloat)
    &
    B. Money (investments in war material - soldiers - etc...)
    Lol someone that actually believes the US needs ME oil
    You're a towel.

Oh, look, inhuman beasts are at it again...
    RIP...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    They seem to live in the past...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think that "behind the scenes" they concider all the hostages as being dead already.

It's is amazing and disheartening to see that no country in the Western world cares enough to actually sent in some troops to actually end this threat.
    Bombing them a bit here and there and arming local "fighters" isnt going to end this.
    Why on earth would we want to go in there again?

Aid workers go over there by choice, they know what it is like over there, they know what could happen, and still they go.

Call that bravery or stupidity or whatever, they know the risks and they take them, there fate is of there own making and not something to declare war over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Why is there so much turmoil down there in iraq and everything around it and if you fix the problem they/that/it just comes/come back again
    It's funny that you think the last invasion "fixed" anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Decapitation is a form of capital punishment in Saudi Arabia, it's not done via sawing through the neck. It's a swipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'll that back, apparently a family member of whoever was murdered can kill the murderer and it's often not very well done...
    And it's not just that the Saudi hereditary dictatorship is run by gleeful head-choppers. It's that their notion of 'capital crime' they use as an excuse for the murder of unfortunate victims, is just as bad as ISIL's, if not worse. From the BBC:
    "Saudi man executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'".
    The man, Muree bin Ali bin Issa al-Asiri, was found in possession of books and talismans, SPA said. He had also admitted adultery with two women, it said.
    Books and adultery - punished by death.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I think that "behind the scenes" they concider all the hostages as being dead already.

It's is amazing and disheartening to see that no country in the Western world cares enough to actually sent in some troops to actually end this threat.
    Bombing them a bit here and there and arming local "fighters" isnt going to end this.
    a lot of the countries who could be heavily active just got out (or mostly...) of protracted, unpopular and expensive conflicts for the past 11 years. Not to mention it's not just a matter of "go in there and do it." These are sovereign nations and there are rules against just mobilizing armies into them without permission.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Please do tell how sending in troops would end this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    To be fair, you still import about 20-22% of your oil from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and other OPEC nations. The US is an exporter sure and for the first time in a long ass time a net exporter but if you cut out all of that ME Oil, that would no longer be the case by a long shot and would be pretty bad news all around.

I'd suggest buying more of our rich happy Canadian oil, but frankly you don't pay much for it
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    a lot of the countries who could be heavily active just got out (or mostly...) of protracted, unpopular and expensive conflicts for the past 11 years. Not to mention it's not just a matter of "go in there and do it." These are sovereign nations and there are rules against just mobilizing armies into them without permission.
    But Tradewind, they are killing white people, so lets send white people over to kill brown people, that will make everything better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Still doesn't make the punishment any less gruesome. When it comes to capital punishment, Saudi Arabia is right there with ISIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."