Fan Class Overhaul

Personally ever since death Knights were broken up in wrath they've always felt a little lackluster to me. Mostly done but not completely. As a result a hobby of mine is thinking of how to overhaul the class to better give it the attention and completeness I think it deserves.

This thread isn't here to talk about my personal work though.

How many of you guys get excited doing fan creation overhaul for our oft overlooked class?
    What are some ideas you'd all love to see tweaked removed or added?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't disagree with you more, actually.

Death Knights, since day 1 of Wrath have felt fun, unique, and with a very useful set of tools, and in your words, is not overlooked in the slightest imo.

We're in a very good spot right now, and the ONLY change that I could possibly consider would be the re-introduction of Blood Strike, or an analogous ability, simply because there are situations where you don't want to AoE, which gives us no real way to spend blood runes on a target, with the exception of soul reaper which is a 6 second CD, and even then, it's kind of meh.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2014-11-16 at 05:31 PM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

They should give us our version of "Green Fire Quest", with Ner'zhul being part of this Xpac it could be about him trying to reach and control Bolvar.

What would we gain from such a quest though? Presumably some aesthetic feature, but what did you have in mind?

And I'm glad to hear it Zeth and only wish I felt the same
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Access to new Rune Blades on the QM, 1H and 2H.

Our eyes glow Red like Bolvars instead of blue.

The Artha's armor set

Few ideas

I main a death knight as well and I think fellow Death Knights will be pleased to know that if you're a Death Knight and have a Level Three garrison, Darion Mograine will visit your garrison and give you a quest to investigate Ner'zhul. I haven't done the quest since beta, but it definitely does hold potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplefoxez View Post
    I main a death knight as well and I think fellow Death Knights will be pleased to know that if you're a Death Knight and have a Level Three garrison, Darion Mograine will visit your garrison and give you a quest to investigate Ner'zhul. I haven't done the quest since beta, but it definitely does hold potential!
    That is just a daily dungeon quest thru the Inn

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Ner'zhul holds a special significance for Death Knights, being the future AU Lich King.
    Also, Teron'gor being the first Death Knight.

People should avidly post on the blizzard forums, perhaps they'll do something about incorporating a personal quest-line for Death Knights.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I absolutely LOVE how DK is right now. The fact that to an outsider it just looks like I'm spamming blood boil but in reality, all the things I must manage to make it happen...

Just a few realistic tweaks...

- re-introduce Rune Strike

- add a single target melee strike using blood runes

- Drop diseases from Frost and add a new type of mechanic to break up the rotation (Blood diseases are an afterthought and can now make diseases the core gameplay/iconic element of unholy gameplay)

Larger change...

DW blood DPS spec (to align with Glad Stance from warriors)

Impossible change...

Medium-ranged caster spec for Unholy (Lich Spec?)

Just random thoughts.

Deleted
    I used to love my Warlock (300+ days played and main since tbc), then the overhaul came and honestly I hate it. Now I main DK and the last thing I would want is for them to overhaul that too.

In fact I really hate the idea of big overhauls in general for WoW, sure some people will like it but you will also alienate a lot of people who currently enjoy that class and it seems selfish to take that away from them.

I would like to add 10 yd soul reaper with an upgraded graphical strike strike effect. We are reaping souls for gosh darn sakes!

More runeforges with nice effects
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.