10+ Year Old Account

Barn's Iron Trap not working on Clefthoof?

I can't seem to get Clefthoofs in the Iron Trap. I'm trying to get the ones right outside of my Garrison in Frostfire Ridge, but they won't capture not matter how low their HP is. I can trap the wolves near by just fine, but I want leather, not fur.

Deleted
    The Clefthoofs behind the garrison are part of an engineer quest so can't be captured. I can't get in game at the minute but at northwest part of frostfire ridge near where the wolf den mother quest is there are some clefthoofs you can capture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, those clefthooves don't work. There are some right under the bridge at Bladespire Citadel that work though, if you want some close by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyapolis View Post
    The Clefthoofs behind the garrison are part of an engineer quest so can't be captured. I can't get in game at the minute but at northwest part of frostfire ridge near where the wolf den mother quest is there are some clefthoofs you can capture.
    Thanks! That was very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yeah, those clefthooves don't work. There are some right under the bridge at Bladespire Citadel that work though, if you want some close by.
    I'll check those out as well. Thank you.

I find the iron trap to be a real pain. The animal has to be injured for it to work. But often i'll get it to 10% and the trap still wont activate. Is there a trick to it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I find the iron trap to be a real pain. The animal has to be injured for it to work. But often i'll get it to 10% and the trap still wont activate. Is there a trick to it?
    At least on elekks, trap needs to be precisely under it's hind legs. Sometimes it still just runs over it and you need to kite it back... Clefthoofs are much more easier to trap. Just drop trap, dps mob to under 50% and back off a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is an old thread, but another thing to note on the various beasts you can trap, is that any that are not hostile (red) do not seem to be able to be trapped. Is this anyone else's experience, or does it just seem that way?