Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Its not entirely based on your level, at level 98 I picked up a follower that was level 100, one of those Arakkoa constructs and I suddenly had level 100 quests.

You don't have to do a quest just because it is there. If there is little to no chance of success I place the low level followers in lower level quests.

It also helps to note your followers abilities, I have a drainei who increases success in deserts and a character that increases success when in a party with draenei. Then I have a guy that has an advantage against elementals who also doubles exp for all party members, If I see a level 100 quest in the desert against an elemental I set these three togeather and they usually succeed.

The only thing keeping me from throwing low levels in a level 100 quest for a 12% chance of success is right now I need every drop of resources and I cant waste 10 on this.

Since my thread was locked. My response.

I have been getting a Ton of missions that are higher rank. Most of them are for only one character as well. Meaning I can't even take a lower level follower on it. Then we have the recent hotfixes for garrison followers.

When Followers are below a mission’s level, they get a reduced percentage of the mission XP as well as any bonus XP earned.

Followers that are 1-2 levels below the mission level:
    The Follower’s level number is displayed in orange, meaning they only receive 50% of the mission XP and bonus XP.
    So, not only are most of my missions for a higher level then my followers even, meaning a severely reduced chance at success, but they also get a reduced experience? So how exactly do we level these guys? I don't want to dump resources at this time on missions that may just fail. I am having to save up to upgrade my buildings and stuff. Has anyone found any other ways to level a follower?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Since my thread was locked. My response.

I have been getting a Ton of missions that are higher rank. Most of them are for only one character as well. Meaning I can't even take a lower level follower on it. Then we have the recent hotfixes for garrison followers.

So, not only are most of my missions for a higher level then my followers even, meaning a severely reduced chance at success, but they also get a reduced experience? So how exactly do we level these guys? I don't want to dump resources at this time on missions that may just fail. I am having to save up to upgrade my buildings and stuff. Has anyone found any other ways to level a follower?
    Has anyone tried using them as bodyguards or w/e on the Invasions? Does that give exp?

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah, buying the lvl 100 Ashran follower was a huge mistake.
    I currently have 3 lvl 100's (Priest, Lantressor and Abu'gar) and 75% of my missions are lvl 100, most of which require a group, which requires traits and abilities that my 3 100 followers don't have.
    So I'm just deactivating them until I can get this glut of 95-98 followers up to 100.
    Why on earth Blizzard can't just figure out what the average level of your follower pool is and assign missions based on that is beyond me.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

There are many lvl 100 followers you can get via achievement or just doing a simple task in certain zones. There are 2 or 3 alone in Nagrand.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have multiple level 100 followers and get lvl 92 missions still.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are having this issue and should be addressed. My level 90-92 followers are neglected!