Deleted

Best in Slot HOLY (Pre-raid)

Evening!

i've been searching a while now for some sort of list that shows the pieces that would be the best to use before stepping in to raiding. I've seen the guide on Icy-Veins but didnt tell me much about pre-raid gearing.

Someone know a good guide?

Deleted
    Uhhh, there was a spreadsheet a week or so ago. Cannot remember the link to it, but I'm focusing on multistrike/haste/mastery on my items, though I seem to keep getting crit mastery sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Uhhh, there was a spreadsheet a week or so ago.
    http://downloads.nestar.ca/BiS_Gear_Lists/?

Deleted
    Is everyone going holy ? is disc that bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jitskii View Post
    Is everyone going holy ? is disc that bad ?
    Pretty much, yes. Disc was already in a pretty bad position, and then Holy Nova, one of its only good spells, got nerf-nuked.

Holy on the other hand is fine. Lots of mechanics, neat spells, great AoE healing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Is Versatility really that good? Almost all of the "BiS" items have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pretty much, yes. Disc was already in a pretty bad position, and then Holy Nova, one of its only good spells, got nerf-nuked.

Holy on the other hand is fine. Lots of mechanics, neat spells, great AoE healing, etc.
    Oh well... I've been playing my disc priest ever since 5.2, and i must say it became very dull and clunky after 6.0

10+ Year Old Account
    With how much variation in the gear and how almost any item of gear can drop in any dungeon, it's hard to make a BiS list, and then go get it. If you are looking for BiS, get stuff that has has up to 750 rating if you have the 5% haste buff, then Multistrike after that. For Neck, cloak, rings, and some trinkets, I would get spirit on those. Once you have the haste to 750 just focus on getting the most Multistrike you can with mastery. With how gear is set up it's hard to get items, but I'm 636 ilvl already and starting to Min Max gear. I don't DE the gear now.

If you have any questions of concerns you can message me on here or find me on my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/saltyclamslive

GL in your gear finding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyClamsLive View Post
    With how much variation in the gear and how almost any item of gear can drop in any dungeon, it's hard to make a BiS list, and then go get it. If you are looking for BiS, get stuff that has has up to 750 rating if you have the 5% haste buff, then Multistrike after that. For Neck, cloak, rings, and some trinkets, I would get spirit on those. Once you have the haste to 750 just focus on getting the most Multistrike you can with mastery. With how gear is set up it's hard to get items, but I'm 636 ilvl already and starting to Min Max gear. I don't DE the gear now.

If you have any questions of concerns you can message me on here or find me on my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/saltyclamslive

GL in your gear finding.

why 750 haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    why 750 haste?
    1250 haste gives you the 5th renew tick. In most raid environments and even in 5 mans you can receive the 5% haste buff. Haste ratings are really easy this expansion with 100 haste giving 1% haste. So 750 haste gives 7.5% haste, add 5% and you have your 12.5%.
    Last edited by Clamidiaa; 2014-11-17 at 08:56 PM.

1250 haste gives you the 5th renew tick.
    Did you not hear about partial ticks being implemented? There is no longer a need for "5th tick", because they've added in partial ticks specifically to remove these "haste breakpoints" for HoTs/DoTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not hear about that. Anywhere I could go to read up?

If you can find the "chances coming in WoD blogpost" its got a section on dots/hots and snapshotting that covers it.

As far as breakpoints go, its correct you won't ever have a need to hit a certain tick. However there may still be situations where haste will allow you to get an extra cast inside a buff and you may want to consider aiming for those.

It was posted a long while ago, maybe a month or so.

Blizzard implemented "partial ticks" for WoD, specifically to eliminate "haste breakpoints" with HoTs/DoTs.

So let's say you have an amount of haste that brings your Renew from the usual 12 sec to 13.5 sec. Instead of just losing a tick, when Renew ends at 13.5 seconds, it will have a "partial tick" equal to 50% of a normal tick, because you have 1.5 extra seconds on the HoT, which is 50% of the duration for a normal tick. If you were at, say, 14 seconds, you would get 66% of a normal tick. Etc.

Basically, "haste breakpoints" are no longer a thing because Partial Ticks make up for the difference between the last "full tick" and the end of the HoT's duration.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-17 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting, thank you for the recap. At lease now I won't have to be super careful about getting just over the 12.5 threshold and losing that bit of haste.