Thread: WW Monk WoD DPS

WW Monk WoD DPS

What's everyone pulling in heroic dungeons, etc? I know these fights are rarely longer then a couple minutes but I seem to be absolutely destroying any other specs atm. I know ToD contributes to that greatly but even without using that I'm almost doubling everyone else's damage... nerf bat incoming? I'm really enjoying how WW's play right now but I'm a little worried about getting nerfed to the ground. Maybe it's just my guildies, maybe it's just me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sadows12 View Post
    What's everyone pulling in heroic dungeons, etc? I know these fights are rarely longer then a couple minutes but I seem to be absolutely destroying any other specs atm. I know ToD contributes to that greatly but even without using that I'm almost doubling everyone else's damage... nerf bat incoming? I'm really enjoying how WW's play right now but I'm a little worried about getting nerfed to the ground. Maybe it's just my guildies, maybe it's just me lol.
    ToD is just absolutely broken op atm in dungeons and will continius to be stronger and stronger with gear so will be nerfed significanly very very fast - tbh im hoping they nerf it asap cuase its screwing up our real dps numbers and we might get hit with to high nerfs just cause of it >< 1 button should never be able to do 20 % of your dmg done on some bosses its just wrong.

If you open on a boss with xuen up, 10+ stacks of tigerseye and use it with Hurricane Strike or Serenity and fists of fury then Fort brew + ToK at 10% there shouldn't be anyone that can come close as far as 5 mans go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ToD is just absolutely broken op atm in dungeons and will continius to be stronger and stronger with gear so will be nerfed significanly very very fast - tbh im hoping they nerf it asap cuase its screwing up our real dps numbers and we might get hit with to high nerfs just cause of it >< 1 button should never be able to do 20 % of your dmg done on some bosses its just wrong.
    Why nerf it for just dungeons? The fucking boss is dead pretty much before you can use it. So no, it isn't broken.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

I too would like to know what others typically do on a single target fight. Right now in 612ilvl(I think) I'm pulling 20k~ before using touch of death which of course bumps it up an extra 3-4k. What are your numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Phallsalot View Post
    I too would like to know what others typically do on a single target fight.
    635 ilvl Full raidbuffs+lust 2min fight was sitting around 26-30k. with Chi wave/chi brew/xuen/Chi explosion. Probably can pull more with Xuen/serenity but my go 2 setup is xuen/Chi ex for Heroic dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    635 ilvl Full raidbuffs+lust 2min fight was sitting around 26-30k. with Chi wave/chi brew/xuen/Chi explosion. Probably can pull more with Xuen/serenity but my go 2 setup is xuen/Chi ex for Heroic dungeons
    i'm about 625 ilvl and i pull about 16k on a fight where i don't have to move around a lot i usually can burst out at around 22 23k. I hope that's not low for my gear level, i am currently running Chi/Ascension/Xuen/Serenity. just hoping i can get in soon and start running some more heroics.

With lust and running xuen/serenity, I can burst for ~40k if I get lucky with TeB and I still use Haromms because I haven't found/gotten a better trinket yet with an agi proc to pair with TeB. I sit around ~24-26k. I'm ilvl 628 atm, plan on continuing to farm heroics for better optimized gear tonight with more haste/ms.
    Last edited by sadows12; 2014-11-17 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our DPS is freaking crazy. You spike up to 50k+ on AOE packs, and we still dominate singletarget boss DPS even though I don't even bother respeccing from my RJW + Serenity setup. Touch of Death is in a okay place imo since it's misleading judging it from Heroics. But it's a neat feeling to use it at the end of an encounter.

It's interesting that people have been having success with different setups.

I have been going mainly Xuen/HS because it's just a blast to use, but I have also done very well with Xuen/ChiEX.

I've been sticking with those two setups because of the secondaries I'm going for: Haste/MS - though I can see RJW/HS also working well with those stats.

Large trash packs, empowered SCK is just wrecking mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by sadows12 View Post
    I pull around 24k+ single target with 636 ilvl. Not sure the nerf is coming once the raids come it it will all smooth out. Though if you wanted some help or advice on monks you could always come by my stream. twitch.tv/colemcnizzler I try and give out good tips and tricks for monks and when raids come out I will be pushing mythic progression. plus i pvp too!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    I'm seeing slightly better numbers (26k-32k) running Chi Wave/Ascension/Xuen/Chi Explosion depending on the fight mechanics. As to ToD- it doesn't need nerfed just because of how strong it is in 5mans. In a raid environment we'll be lucky to get it off and it won't be able to pad the meters as easily on a 5-6min fight where the boss isn't dying in Lust+CD windows. I don't see a nerf coming or needed.