Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lumber Mill Follower

Hello, I am just double checking because I am pretty sure my LM is bugged.

When you get LM1, you do a quest that teaches you to cut down Small Lumber. That's it.

When you get LM2 you get a quest that teaches you to cut down Lumber AND you should get a quest that eventually leads to you finding a LM follower (when you cut down a tree in the world you find him trapped or whatever).

Is this how it went down for you?

I never got the Q for the follower, I've had LM2 since Friday which was a really buggy and laggy day and I think it bugged out...

I'd like to know as well. I got 2 quests, one was find barov something from small trees and the other was find 4 ancients from medium trees. I'd like to know when and how I can get the follower, 50% extra GR is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by revhunt View Post
    Hello, I am just double checking because I am pretty sure my LM is bugged.

When you get LM1, you do a quest that teaches you to cut down Small Lumber. That's it.

When you get LM2 you get a quest that teaches you to cut down Lumber AND you should get a quest that eventually leads to you finding a LM follower (when you cut down a tree in the world you find him trapped or whatever).

Is this how it went down for you?

I never got the Q for the follower, I've had LM2 since Friday which was a really buggy and laggy day and I think it bugged out...
    you need to be lvl 100 as far as I know to get that follower

Deleted
    I've heard that there's a small chance of starting an event when cutting down a tree.

That event will reward you with the follower.

There is a follower with the trait to go on the LM but you have to be get your LM to level 3 first. there is also Barov, who you'll find under a big trapped log randomly around draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    There is a follower with the trait to go on the LM but you have to be get your LM to level 3 first. there is also Barov, who you'll find under a big trapped log randomly around draenor.
    So there is no quest for this at all? You simply have a small random chance to get him?

If so I'm gonna get to chopping some trees.

But I've been told that people got a quest to kill some Barov guy or something and then got a follower (found him trapped).

BTW I am lvl100 and have LM2.

here ya go:

o get this epic follower you'll need a Level 3 Lumber Mill. To get the Tier 3 blueprints for your garrison buildings you will have to complete Upgrading the Mill, which includes turning in 75 orders in the Lumber Mill and completing Reduction in Force and Legacy of the Ancients.
    After this you'll be able to log Large Timbers. Logging them will have Phylarch to spawn 3 times before he "surrender" and join your side, becoming one of your followers.

He can be assigned to the Lumber Mill as worker since he has the garrison ability Evergreen and there he will give Subversive Infestation.

source: http://www.wowhead.com/follower=194....green#comments

Level 1 Lumber Mill here, I found a random fallen tree in Talador with a guy trapped underneath, freed him and got him as a follower. Seems to be a random spawn doable on any level.

I also have a lvl 1 LM and saw the barov guy trapped under a tree in gorgrond. I received him as a follower after cutting the tree down.

Can't find Barov under a tree anywhere, taking the piss. :/ Anyone have an exact on where any are or how they spawn? Do they replace a random Timber, do they have their own spawn or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Can't find Barov under a tree anywhere, taking the piss. :/ Anyone have an exact on where any are or how they spawn? Do they replace a random Timber, do they have their own spawn or what?
    I found him in Talador forgot location name but just northeast of Arakora flightpath on the island. I saw the tree he's trapped under spawn three times before I got it (if someone else interacts with it first you can't use it)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaath View Post
    I found him in Talador forgot location name but just northeast of Arakora flightpath on the island. I saw the tree he's trapped under spawn three times before I got it (if someone else interacts with it first you can't use it)
    Checked there from another comment, and a few other places people have said, still nothing. Tried the other zones too, guess I'm just getting unlucky.

OK, it wasn't bugged for me, just bad luck up until I posted here. I went out to try to get some more lumber and voila, found the guy stuck under logs within 5 minutes. LM2, no quest for it or anything. And it was in Spires.

Quote Originally Posted by revhunt View Post
    OK, it wasn't bugged for me, just bad luck up until I posted here. I went out to try to get some more lumber and voila, found the guy stuck under logs within 5 minutes. LM2, no quest for it or anything. And it was in Spires.
    Can you post coords, or a rough location, please?

Deleted
    i found barov but he doesnt have the lumbermill trait :/

I have barov too but he has blacksmithing trait lel

15+ Year Old Account
    Barov isn't supposed to have the LM trait. The tree-dude that can be obtained once you get a T3 LM has the LM trait. Leorana has the right information:

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    here ya go:

o get this epic follower you'll need a Level 3 Lumber Mill. To get the Tier 3 blueprints for your garrison buildings you will have to complete Upgrading the Mill, which includes turning in 75 orders in the Lumber Mill and completing Reduction in Force and Legacy of the Ancients.
    After this you'll be able to log Large Timbers. Logging them will have Phylarch to spawn 3 times before he "surrender" and join your side, becoming one of your followers.

He can be assigned to the Lumber Mill as worker since he has the garrison ability Evergreen and there he will give Subversive Infestation.

source: http://www.wowhead.com/follower=194....green#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Barov isn't supposed to have the LM trait. The tree-dude that can be obtained once you get a T3 LM has the LM trait. Leorana has the right information:
    That's strange, is there a source for why it's not supposed to have it? Wowhead and other guides show it, and it also has it in-game. Either way I still need it to unlock the Phylarch (Tree dude) follower. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    In Nagrand just south of the first town where Thrall is, up on a small hill overlooking Hellevor (or whatever that Iron Horde NPC village is), there is a "Fallen Timber" that will appear on your map much like regular small timber, etc. You can find him there, among other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    In Nagrand just south of the first town where Thrall is, up on a small hill overlooking Hellevor (or whatever that Iron Horde NPC village is), there is a "Fallen Timber" that will appear on your map much like regular small timber, etc. You can find him there, among other places.
    Fucking finally! Looked everywhere and this one actually worked... Also found it by accident with a rocket boot failure....

Thank you!

E: My guildy went to the same place after me, wasn't there -- So definitely random spawns and/or shared with other players.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-11-17 at 03:35 PM.