Deleted

The biggest problem with garrisons I've noticed (fixable easily)

There is little filtering of the missions list! You get a ton of them to choose from and it's exceptionally difficult to filter out what you have, what you have seen, what you may want to have available (based on attributes of those missions etc.).

At least you do not get to lose the scrolling position if you get back to it!

There's also no meaningful way to sift through your followers or know how many of each ability you can overcome.

Agreed, this was one of the first things I noticed as well, they need to add some filtering to both follower tab and mission tab.

Can't post links yet, but search for Compact Garrison Mission UI, it's on curseforge, and has a topic here on MMOC too. You can't filter, but you can see easier what missions you can do.

Deleted
    ^ Yes. I figured that addons will make this thing enormously difference. But until good addons are on, I expect a total mess.

Blizzard would still be the best entity to fix it.

I need this, where is it? I cant find anything about filtering missions

Doesn't seem like there's that much to me. I don't see any need for filters at all but I guess it wouldn't hurt. It's an incredibly simplistic and easy to read system and there's really not THAT much to 'filter' through.