how to level low level followers

So I have several followers at follower level X (say 93-94) and I just got a new one that's follower level Y (say 91)

all the missions offered are for higher level followers. So how do I level my lower level ones?

When I add them to a mission they turn red where the follower level text is.

I assume this means they are too low level.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    So I have several followers at follower level X (say 93-94) and I just got a new one that's follower level Y (say 91)

all the missions offered are for higher level followers. So how do I level my lower level ones?

Trying using some OP followers on the 10 hour missions then filling in the last spot with your low level follower. That's what I have been doing.

Use them for low level missions. If their text turns red, they will NOT help the mission and WILL NOT get experience from it.
    Even if they can't counter the low level missions, they still get EXP because it is close to their level.

Source: Ya boy had to do that 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post

Generally speaking, you'll find a few low level garrison missions. As long as they aren't dark red when you assign the follower, they'll get xp even if you fail the mission. I've got about 11 level 100 followers, and missions with abrogator stones, but still get some low level missions for my lower followers

Quote Originally Posted by Thraxsis View Post
    Trying using some OP followers on the 10 hour missions then filling in the last spot with your low level follower. That's what I have been doing.
    I like this idea,,or in other words, level them like battle pets

That makes sense

15+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure the low level follower is not too low. If the follower's level is red (compared to yellow/orange) they won't get any XP from the mission.

I learned that the hard way when I sent a 90 follower on a 10hr high level mission with two other followers, and she ended up getting zero experience but the other followers did.

This doesn't work all the time. I've gotten nothing but lvl 93 or higher quests yesterday and today and I have a lvl 90 follower (3 levels btw is the point in which they gain nothing).

If the lowest quests are 3 levels above my follower, she gets nothing.

This is very frustrating.

Does deactivating your lvl 100 followers bring in more lower-level quests?

Quote Originally Posted by TaxmanCDN View Post
    Does deactivating your lvl 100 followers bring in more lower-level quests?
    No, the missions are scaled for your character's level. If you're 100, you won't be getting level 90 follower missions.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is what I do. I also put my lowest level follower on missions with bonus gold. Well, lowest level that will still get xp. I have a million gold, so I'm basically "paying" to level that follower. They even succeed sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    No, the missions are scaled for your character's level. If you're 100, you won't be getting level 90 follower missions.
    They are somewhat. I still get lvl 92 missions @100. Probably because I have some lvl 92 followers that I've been neglecting.

you can use them for low level missions or higher level just wait for it and it will show up, I had the same thing when I reached 100 I was gettign only like 4 missions which were for high level but the more you play you'll notice a lot of missions come up, and now think that I have soooo many missions that my followers are on a mission 24/7 all of them and still cant fullfil it.

Although the mission system is a bit... whatever I wont name it its weird its another pokemon for me I think ill quit it once I get them to a point where I can just send them to fetch me the shards i need for the legendary, atm 3 100lvl followers have 30% chance on it ... they need more ilvl etc... so weird.

if they are orange they get half the xp, if they r red, they get 10% of the xp

It won't work as effectively: if follower has lower level then mission requires, he gets only half experience, it he's more then 3 levels lower, he gets no experience

It's now 10% experience for red (both standard and bonus) - so if you've got a 100 mission that rewards a lot of xp + bonus xp it can sometimes be MORE xp for your follower than 100% of a level 90 mission.

From the front page:

The Follower’s level number is displayed in red, meaning they only receive 10% of the mission XP and bonus XP.
    Before a hotfix that was implemented at 5:52pm PST, followers in red received 0% of the mission XP; and we felt that was not what we wanted since the UI didn’t indicate that was the case.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."