Deleted

2nd screen, no signal

Hello

So I think I have already tried Everything but I have to check if I came to the right conclusion.

When I sat infront of my computer one of my two screens just died/went dark, said no signal. I checked the screen properties to "find" the 2nd screen but it says it cant find it.
    So I tried changing HDMI ports on my graphic card and both screens work at port one but no one get a signal at the 2nd one.
    Tried to uninstall drivers and install old drivers but that didnt help. My graphic card is GTX 580 and is now 3 years old. Has to be the HDMI port that is broken right? Sucks as the warranty is for 2 years :/ Have to buy a new card as I cant be without a 2nd screen. Any tips for a good card with a good price?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea sounds like the port might have went out, but honestly you have DVI ports on the card. Just use one of them instead? Only difference is that audio can't be transmitted through DVI, and the DVI-D ports can actually transfer higher refresh rates than standard HDMI (not considering the new HDMI).

If DVI isn't an option for you and you really want a new card, it depends on your price range. The only card that's going to offer you a serious gain for your money is the new GTX 970, which is probably the best bang for your buck right now and starts at $330 with the best models at about $350. The 580 is similar to the GTX 760 in performance, which starts at around $190. I honestly don't recommend spending the ~$290 on a GTX 770 when you can get a 970 for just a bit more.

GTX 580 vs GTX 970
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1350?vs=1355

GTX 580 vs GTX 760
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1350?vs=1038
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Thanks for the info, but for some weird reason it actually started to work after I tried to uninstall and install for the 4th time some drivers that are like 6 months old.
    But I want a new graphic card so ill defintenly check those out.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Thanks for the info, but for some weird reason it actually started to work after I tried to uninstall and install for the 4th time some drivers that are like 6 months old.
    But I want a new graphic card so ill defintenly check those out.
    That's odd, but computers are weird like that sometimes. I just had my wireless 360 controller for my PC randomly start screwing up when playing Unity yesterday, and due to the shit quality of Unity I was quick to blame the game. Switched ports and worked just fine, yet nothing is wrong with the port that was being used. I still blame the game.

But yea the GTX 970 has been gods gift to man in terms of price to performance with the bonus of insane power efficiency.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |