Twice the daily profession cooldown?

I have seen several places, including Wowhead, mentioning that you can use your daily cooldown twice during the same day if you have a profession building related to one of your professions. None of these places elaborated on exactly how to get it.

For example, I have engineering and can make Gearspring Parts once a day. I get 5 for doing that. I also have the engineering building, but I can't make more batches of Gearspring Parts. I'm also supposedly going to be able to get 6 Gearspring Parts from the engineering building each day, but I have yet to figure out how.

Edit: Actually, I read now that you are supposed to get 10 unique resources daily regardless of having the relevant profession building or not, as long as you have the profession. I'm not sure how this works.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2014-11-17 at 05:57 PM.

i could make 3 today. i dont know why. Just leveled my proffesions to max and could do 3x the jc and 3x the alchemy cooldown.

I do not believe this is the case however at max profession level I read (on Icy Veins) that you get three charges on daily CD items before the CD kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    i could make 3 today. i dont know why. Just leveled my proffesions to max and could do 3x the jc and 3x the alchemy cooldown.
    At max level you get three "charges" meaning that if you weren't able to log in tommorow, you could do it twice the day after tommorow.

The number of items you get increases with your skill level. You can also use "work orders" at your engineering building by handing over some of the mats, and having additional daily materials made each day. You can get additional materials from work orders by assigning a follower with the engineering trait to a level 2 or higher profession building.