Cool Fury's Viability in PvE in Upcoming Raid Progression

Having been a fury warrior throughout 5.4 and full clearing progression, I've grown to love the spec, though from what I am seeing, many are opting for Arms at the moment (at least from what I am seeing of a few top fury warriors I watched in armory).

Does anyone have any further insight on how viable Fury is coming up for new raid progression? SMF or TG?

I'm considering going Gladiator Prot if Fury isn't going to cut it off the bat. (I can't stand how dead arms feels to play... any way to avoid it and still pull respectful DPS and I'm a happy camper).

Thanks for your time and comments!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury should be viable. It is better on AOE than Gladiator (currently top single target of the 3.) Hell, fury is amazing for burst AOE, which has it's place.

Are you playing a DPS warrior yourself sjsctt? If so, which are you looking to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleintrpt View Post
    Are you playing a DPS warrior yourself sjsctt? If so, which are you looking to do?
    I am still deciding. Right now I have been doing the majority of heroic dungeons as fury. I lose out on a lot of single target boss fights where I could do 5k more DPS, but nuking down trash takes priority when speed running dungeons for gear.

There are a lot of fights where arms and fury were better on beta in the raid. There were some last minute tweaks, but I don't think that will change the basis of arms and fury generally just being better at AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I am still deciding. Right now I have been doing the majority of heroic dungeons as fury.
    SMF or TG? How much does it matter at the moment? Thanks for the info once again!

10+ Year Old Account
    TG. I am still using twin BOA's, and can't seem to get weaps to drop. Do not mis-constru what I am saying. The group I have been running is pulling larger packs of mobs where I can really put out decent burst AOE damage.

I just don't see how Fury is playable with such a low amount of crit. I'm just sitting there with nothing to do because I go through 4-5 straight BTs without critting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, with burst AOE for trash, it is a lot of DPS. The majority of a dungeon is trash. A lot of the raid bosses have fights that benefit stronger AOE burst. You have beserker rage to help, and it can...and will be frustrating. This is nothing new, though. Think back to 5.1, where we had this level of crit. Fury was the best spec then, you just had to plan properly.

I can't possibly imagine Fury will perform well at all this tier. 12% crit? I just sit and wait for BT to crit. I'm going to try arms once I get a 2 handed weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I can't possibly imagine Fury will perform well at all this tier. 12% crit? I just sit and wait for BT to crit. I'm going to try arms once I get a 2 handed weapon.
    I am at 15.55% unbuffed with SoO gear still on. I will have more crit soon. T14, fury was just as, if not more crit dependant (WS sucked) and we did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    dont forget that BT has some build in 30% crit chance.. its not soooo black in the tunnel that we cant see the light at the end. And if oyu want to force it, there is still the unquenchable thrist talent. Pool the rage till enraged and then burn it. The same warriors do since ages

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    I am currently 629 item lvl with 16.2% crit using Unquenchable thirst. It does get frustrating at times but its definitely playable. Also remember we are mostly walking around in blues right now, with some highmaul gear slapped on us we will fast be approaching 50% crit chance for bloodthirst. Soon as i feel my enrage up time is reliable i'll switch back to Sudden Death. Keep the faith, the crit is coming!

Fury is viable.

You have 15% crit chance? Guess what, the other DPS in your group will too.

That's still 45% crit chance on BT, so it's not that bad. Sure it's not close to the 80% crit and +50% Mastery we had in the end of MoP, but that's kind of the point in the beginning of an extension...

Casters don't crit for shit and have 2.5sec cast times too.
    Rogue/Feral/Monk sit on their ass while waiting for energy to fill up.

And Arms is probably more boring than Fury, even with only 15% crit chance tbh.

Also, as much as I was waiting for Glad stance, it's currently a big dissapointment for me. Sure it dishes damage fine in single target, but holy hell I'm gonna break my keyboard or have carpal tunnel syndrome in 2 weeks if I raid in that spec... spamming Devastate/Heroic Strike like no tomorrow...

of course its viable... what kinda question is that? Or do you mean in comparison to glad? Cause in that case all sepcs are inferior :P

course we're all inferior to dk's and hunters imo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Fury is viable.

You have 15% crit chance? Guess what, the other DPS in your group will too.

That's still 45% crit chance on BT, so it's not that bad. Sure it's not close to the 80% crit and +50% Mastery we had in the end of MoP, but that's kind of the point in the beginning of an extension...

Casters don't crit for shit and have 2.5sec cast times too.
    Rogue/Feral/Monk sit on their ass while waiting for energy to fill up.

And Arms is probably more boring than Fury, even with only 15% crit chance tbh.

Also, as much as I was waiting for Glad stance, it's currently a big dissapointment for me. Sure it dishes damage fine in single target, but holy hell I'm gonna break my keyboard or have carpal tunnel syndrome in 2 weeks if I raid in that spec... spamming Devastate/Heroic Strike like no tomorrow...
    While that is true, is any other class as reliant on a stat as we are on Crit? We need Bloodthirst to crit to proc Raging Blow, our hardest hitting ability, AND to give us Enrage, giving us a big damage boost(which also impacts another stat in Mastery...).

Glad Stance is fun but I agree all that spamming is already starting to hurt...