Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    That's a 5 combo Ferocious Bite (finisher), with Savage Roar up (another finisher). That means your team ignored the druid long enough to get the combo points in the first place. He then used FB on you because you were already low health and he was trying to finish you off, which means your healer wasn't keeping you out of the danger zone. If you weren't low health then the druid shouldn't have used FB in the first place.
    Feral get combopoints even if you go on him, so I don't really know what you mean. Also, does FB get more dmg if you are low hp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Ysera's Gift is a passive heal that restores 4% of your health every 5sec. If someone's actually fighting you (as opposed to a bit of random AOE damage) you're probably dead in 2-3 ticks, making YG the worst PVP talent on that tier. You should also consider that YG heals one target only; the totem is an AOE heal which scales with spellpower. They're completely different.

I've fought a number of feral druids and I've not noticed them being any harder than anyone else.
    It's the worst one in that tier according to you, yet it beats healing stream totem on equal level and gear about 12-14 times over. Your cluelessness when it comes to the totem is also quite telling. Unless specced it heals one person only, if specced it heals two people for an ammount that is 12-14x lower than Ysera's Gift on each person ignoring that one of those people might not even need the heal.

Ysera's gift compared to the healing stream totem does more healing and acts smarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xXInsane10Xx View Post
    Feral get combopoints even if you go on him, so I don't really know what you mean. Also, does FB get more dmg if you are low hp?
    No, but ferals generally won't use FB unless rip and savage roar (two other combo point using finishers) are up. They'll use it if you're under 25% HP as at that point it refreshs rip.

Ferals have good sustainded damage if you let them ramp up on you and very good self healing if and only if you let them get off 4 and 5 point combos with regularity. Otherwise it's just OK self healing with rejuvenate and YG ticking a few k every few seconds.

Their healing will go up, but not as fast as people's damage will with epic weapons and a second or third season. They'll be good now but not nearly as powerful in the future.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-11-20 at 11:17 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Ferals have good sustainded damage if you let them ramp up on you and very good self healing if and only if you let them get off 4 and 5 point combos with regularity. Otherwise it's just OK self healing with rejuvenate and YG ticking a few k every few seconds.
    So, in other words, every pvp situation ever with a feral druid? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
    So, in other words, every pvp situation ever with a feral druid? Got it.
    Every PvP situation with a Feral that involves mostly people with roughly your level of knowledge about the Feral spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Every PvP situation with a Feral that involves mostly people with roughly your level of knowledge about the Feral spec.
    Aka where they come out of stealth getting a stun opener, easy 5 point combo there. A couple more hits while I'm trying to counter what is going on after coming out of a stun, and another 5 point combo. Now I'm at 30-40% health and in full defensive mode so they just do their hilarious run away and re-stealth or charge and re-stun?

Or do you mean the one where it's 4 on 1 druid and they just run away?

Please elaborate. It's nearly impossible to win in a 1v1 at the moment since you're always on the defensive due to the abusive damage putting you on the back foot from the very beginning.

Deleted
    Not gonna comment on whether or not feral healing needs to be what it is now, but they do need significant healing because it's a leather-wearing melee class with practically none of the defensive utilities of the rogue. If you took away strong feral healing, the spec would have no reason to exist.

Rouges can't shape-shift! What we have here is a dumbing down of what was a really fun design...you know, druid! Now you just stay in cat pretty much all the time and tunnel a target...

Why take away the druid feel from feral is beyond me...and compensate it with this kind of healing??

I say NO! Give the build the toools it needs but base it on using all of the builds arsenal and based it on shape shifting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Hahaha well you're not 100 yet sooooo....

Trust me, we NEED it. This coming from arena and bgs at 100. Powerful? Yes, OP? No. We lost defense we gained healing. People only think our damage is strong because ferocious bite does a lot of damage. Our FINISHER does a lot of damage. That's it. Bleeds and builders do not.

I'm sick of seeing this shit everywhere. Without the healing we're ele shaman for Christ's sake. That's like saying "why do hunters need deterrance? They can already move while attacking AND they can disengage. Because they need it. Its survival.

It may seem OP now just wait till later in the season when people start gearing up. It will mean a lot less. And people can still take me down pretty quick even with the healing, so everyone needs to just relax. If u want to talk OP you need to check out disc priests.... Me and a rogues damage got out healed by holy nova spam. They're bullshit right now if u wanna complain about anyone.
    Haha kind of reminds me of world of roguecraft video from vanilla. "You don't understand... I NEED all my CD's just to beat anyone (crying)".
    Yeah, ferals always had decent self healing, but this is kind of absurd, as well as ret and DK healing - it just needs to be toned down.
    It's not like ferals were always shit in the past when they didn't have this kind of self healing..

Aka where they come out of stealth getting a stun opener, easy 5 point combo there. A couple more hits while I'm trying to counter what is going on after coming out of a stun, and another 5 point combo. Now I'm at 30-40% health and in full defensive mode so they just do their hilarious run away and re-stealth or charge and re-stun?

Or do you mean the one where it's 4 on 1 druid and they just run away?

Please elaborate. It's nearly impossible to win in a 1v1 at the moment since you're always on the defensive due to the abusive damage putting you on the back foot from the very beginning.
    You are either fighting Rogues using the Saberon morph and mistaking them for Ferals, lying, or absolutely incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Rouges can't shape-shift! What we have here is a dumbing down of what was a really fun design...you know, druid! Now you just stay in cat pretty much all the time and tunnel a target...

Why take away the druid feel from feral is beyond me...and compensate it with this kind of healing??

I say NO! Give the build the toools it needs but base it on using all of the builds arsenal and based it on shape shifting!
    Because inept players have been crying for Bear Form nerfs for years, and Blizzard has always listened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saite12345 View Post
    Haha kind of reminds me of world of roguecraft video from vanilla. "You don't understand... I NEED all my CD's just to beat anyone (crying)".
    Yeah, ferals always had decent self healing, but this is kind of absurd, as well as ret and DK healing - it just needs to be toned down.
    It's not like ferals were always shit in the past when they didn't have this kind of self healing..
    Unless Ferals can defeat fully geared opponents while naked, your point is moot.

Besides, this is how it always goes. New expansion comes along, Feral gets buffed to competitive levels (i.e. about as strong as the other melees). Then everyone cries for nerfs because they're used to weaksauce Ferals, and Blizzard brings out the nerf bat with the first major patch. Feral is currently no stronger than Prot War, DK, or Ret. Either nerf all of them, or buff Enhancer (ignoring potential caster issues).
    Last edited by Feranor; 2014-11-21 at 12:51 PM.

You are either fighting Rogues using the Saberon morph and mistaking them for Ferals, lying, or absolutely incompetent.
    Eh? Druids have a stun opener, a stun finisher, and the lulzy ferocious bite. What am I missing here?

Maybe you're an absolutely incompetent feral if you're losing to anyone.

Eh? Druids have a stun opener, a stun finisher, and the lulzy ferocious bite. What am I missing here?

Maybe you're an absolutely incompetent feral if you're losing to anyone.
    The problem is that you, like everyone else who has ever cried about Ferals, are fighting the magical Feral that has infinite energy and combo points as well as immunity to CC in Cat and immunity to damage in Bear Form.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that you, like everyone else who has ever cried about Ferals, are fighting the magical Feral that has infinite energy and combo points as well as immunity to CC in Cat and immunity to damage in Bear Form.
    sweet jesus i'm on a roll today and i apologize, drunk and i got banned from AJ again.

the problem isnt that ferals have infinite energy, as you put it. the problem is when they empty the tank they can peel you effectively. mis-management of energy should be penalized harder. instead we have a class that can power shift and drop heavy dots on targets.. peel..have selective cc immunity (fear nerfed... helps them too) re-stealth AND have heavy burst on command. that is no bueno for balance.

we're not fighting magical ferals.. we're fighting ferals that know how play wow. again... thank god they can drop if they get frosty without a trink.

Feral, along with Rets and DK's are overtuned. Let's include hunters on that as well.

On top of their OP healing, they can also sit on their targets all time all day. That is NOT balanced at all, because gap openers are not even a problem for them because what are snares and roots for them. See them stick on top of a warlock, mage, shaman and priests like glue to a paper. It's embarrassing and sad how this game has come to that, and come to think that it has been like that since forever and just got worse this expansion.

And let's not make "lost all our defensive tools" argument. Basically all casters lost HALF of their toolkit to defend against melee. They never got any compensation, so some classes have it so much worse that it matches are too lopsided. You have too many tools against classes that are nerfed too hard. Either prop them up to their level or nerf the overtuned classes by a very significant amount.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2014-11-24 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Feral, along with Rets and DK's are overtuned. Let's include hunters on that as well.
    Hey now, somebody needs to be able to kill priests who just cast instants.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    I think MotW is probably the main culprit for the majority of feral healing QQ, its really strong in 1v1/2v2 type situations.

That being said i think people are missing the meta design philosophy about the way ferals play now. We lost a lot of mitigation in the form of skin and ursoc, so anyone will tell you who's playing the spec atm that getting into a HoJ/SW/Kidney/Aphix with less than 75% HP and no trinket is a very scary experience now!! The majority of our healing comes from PS procs which require us to stay offensive to build combo points, rejuv is more to keep us out of the danger zone since we receive damage now in big chunks due to cat form being squishy. So staying offensive also means putting ourselves in the firing line, were we to have better mitigation instead of healing, we would just do the bullshit runaway and turtle tactic, that the dev's specifically said they wanted the majority of players to go away from (see second wind now?!!!)

Add a healer into the equation and with the inflated health pools we would be un-killable due to massive amounts of cc that would need to go out onto healers, which does not exist with the new DR tables.

So we arrive where we are now, very killable in a short stun when focused but the ability to recover if you don't land the kill, believe me if i had the old glypyed barkskin and my priest partner you would never take me down

Deleted
    So ferals have no bear CDs whatsoever? Because I don't remember other melees having heals while stunned (aside warrior enraged regeneration) and pretty much everybody explodes if they don't consider their situation and rather would just have healing counter any offensive mechanic. And for a mindless hot to heal much on a non-caster dps spec is rather wishful thinking. Maybe it's time there was another class spec comb reliant on a healer other than warrior ;p

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    So ferals have no bear CDs whatsoever? Because I don't remember other melees having heals while stunned (aside warrior enraged regeneration) and pretty much everybody explodes if they don't consider their situation and rather would just have healing counter any offensive mechanic. And for a mindless hot to heal much on a non-caster dps spec is rather wishful thinking. Maybe it's time there was another class spec comb reliant on a healer other than warrior ;p
    Bears only have Frenzied Regeneration i think, converts rage into health.

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Ferals lost every Bear CD apart from Ursoc about the same time MoP hit if I remember right. Now WoD is here, we've lost Barkskin and Ursoc leaving us with just Survival Instincts (we get 2 charges on a 2min recharge time).

As it stands, I think I'd be okay with losing root breaks on shapeshifting. We definitely feel strong at the moment and it's not healing pushing us over the edge. We have high damage coupled with high uptime, and I'd rather we lost uptime than damage and be like we did for most of MoP.