Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need a new solid gaming mouse (cheap preferred)

Hey there. I made a thread a week ago about my Logitech G500 disconnecting and causing nothing but dumb issues for my pc. As it stands, the problems seems to be the wire and apparantly Logitech is well hated for its hardware problems.

As such, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a solid gaming mouse (can be either Optical or Laser) that isn't too expensive but can get the job done. I don't play fps and mostly play MMO's. I am not much of a twitch player but whatever gets the job done would be helpful.

Thanks.

Can't go wrong with a Naga, not the best build quality but for MMOs they're amazingly useful

Deleted
    I've heard that IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is a good mouse for its price. Also, I can tell you not to buy the Razer Naga, very often the scrollclick doesnt work, the buttons arent really buttons, it's only macros for something on the keyboard (can be very annoying if you're playing other games).

Haven't had many complaints with my Naos 3200, other than the finish starting to wear off where my pinkie rests, but this is after 2 years of constant use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have a naga and switched to logitech, the g600. Maybe go with naga this time around? I personally don't like Razer, but out of all the products of their's I have owned the mouse worked the best/longest. The new chroma looks awesome, I can't remember the cost but it's new so probably not cheap.

If you're playing MMOs the Naga or G600 are always recommended.

What kind of grip do you use? The best mouse in the world wont work if it doesn't fit your grip.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    What kind of grip do you use? The best mouse in the world wont work if it doesn't fit your grip.
    Grip? I don't know, the last mouse I used was the G500 Logitech.

Also I am referring to cheap mouses. Preferably in the $20-40$ range after realizing the G500 doesn't make that much of a difference as much as I would have liked.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/un...tyles-idnum28/

Start here. It should give you a good idea of what kind of grip you use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing palm grip.

Cant go wrong with a razer deathadder. Its the most popular mouse for a reason

Anyone know if the WoW branded SteelSeries "Legendary MMO Gaming Mouse" is any good? It's on sale for more than half off on amazon right now.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...A29PHU0KPCGV8S

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm guessing palm grip.
    I think the new Razer Naga's (2014 edition) are good for palm grip. I have a claw grip and they didn't fit my hand right. I would go to Best Buy if you live in the US, they have some on display that you can try out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintglass View Post
    I've heard that IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is a good mouse for its price. Also, I can tell you not to buy the Razer Naga, very often the scrollclick doesnt work, the buttons arent really buttons, it's only macros for something on the keyboard (can be very annoying if you're playing other games).
    Never had the scrollclick probelm. I have had the doucle click probelm though. It is not perfect, but it is pretty good, I have been so used to playing with a naga it is hard for me to play without it. It is like having an extra arm.

I recently got the 2014 one to replace my old one, and it is pretty good.

As for the buttons, I dont know what you are trying to say here. The buttons are buttons, you push it and something activates...you mean that they don't have their own special characters? Everything gaming peripheral buttons all are macro buttons, what do you expect?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep asking for cheap <_<. And yeah, the Deathadder was something I was considering but i was too late for its 30% sale on bestbuy in Canda a week ago and now its $10 off only .
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-11-18 at 06:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I keep asking for cheap <_<. And yeah, the Deathadder was something I was considering but i was too late for its 30% sale on bestbuy in Canda a week ago and now its $10 off only .
    Whats the budget?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Whats the budget?
    Again. Around $20-40$. I can go up as to $50 but that is pushing it for me. Any more than that is bad.

Why do you need a specific gaming mouse? Just get like a $5 mouse from Best Buy and be on your way.

No sense spending a lot of money on something that's only marginally useful at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why do you need a specific gaming mouse? Just get like a $5 mouse from Best Buy and be on your way.

No sense spending a lot of money on something that's only marginally useful at best.
    Have to agree. If you're not going for something like the Naga or G600 for the extra keybinds then you might as well just get a really cheap one.