Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pr. Crystal and Comet Storm revamp suggestion (buff)

Pr.Crystal has been double dipping in recount and skada. Even more it is too bad talent for high mobility raid bosses.
    Solution: Mage goes in unstoppable presence. His single target spells now deals AoE dmg 8 yards radius and his AoE spells now deals double damage evenly split among all targets. Spell dmg increase by 10% for Frost and 30% for fire and arcane. Cooldown reduced to 1min down from 1.5min.

PS:So you can use it with frozen orb. If it is overpowered cooldowns of both spells can go to 1:15.

Comet Storm cooldown decreased to 15 sec down from 30. Now grants charge of fingers of frost.

Meteor strike cooldown reduced to 20 seconts down from 45. Now grants a hot streak buff.

PS: Arcane orb grants arcane charges per target hit. It is way better than comet or meteor so they need a buff to make them appealing.

Skada is not double dipping on PC, jesus. This was fixed months and months ago during the beta.

Go summon PC. Spam spells on it. Nothing is reported in Skada.

Apparently, some changes that Blizzard made regarding addon APIs made Skada once again double dip on Prismatic Crystal, some time after double dipping was fixed during beta. To be exact, they changed the GUID formatting, which caused Skada's filter to stop working. In layman terms, Blizzard changed the "computerized name" of Prismatic Crystal in game, which confused Skada when trying to recognize Prismatic Crystal.

According to the change log on the Curse addon page, this has now been fixed:
    r583 | funkydude | 2014-11-11 21:32:37 +0000 (Tue, 11 Nov 2014) | 1 line
    Changed paths:
    M /trunk/modules/Damage.lua

Damage: fix prismatic crystal guid format.

Yeah comet storm needs a buff. I love the visuals of this spell but it is terrible right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Apparently, some changes that Blizzard made regarding addon APIs made Skada once again double dip on Prismatic Crystal, some time after double dipping was fixed during beta. To be exact, they changed the GUID formatting, which caused Skada's filter to stop working. In layman terms, Blizzard changed the "computerized name" of Prismatic Crystal in game, which confused Skada when trying to recognize Prismatic Crystal.

According to the change log on the Curse addon page, this has now been fixed:
    And if you notice, that change was a week ago, before anyone had the talent (on live)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    And if you notice, that change was a week ago, before anyone had the talent (on live)
    Yeah but for example I didn't update my skada so it did double dip for me Maybe OP made the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Yeah but for example I didn't update my skada so it did double dip for me Maybe OP made the same mistake.
    And that's why I always check for updated addons before I log in

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Most of the folks reporting double dipping also haven't updated their addons since the 6.0.2 prepatch launched, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    Pr.Crystal has been double dipping in recount and skada. Even more it is too bad talent for high mobility raid bosses.
    Solution: Mage goes in unstoppable presence. His single target spells now deals AoE dmg 8 yards radius and his AoE spells now deals double damage evenly split among all targets. Spell dmg increase by 10% for Frost and 30% for fire and arcane. Cooldown reduced to 1min down from 1.5min.

PS:So you can use it with frozen orb. If it is overpowered cooldowns of both spells can go to 1:15.

Comet Storm cooldown decreased to 15 sec down from 30. Now grants charge of fingers of frost.

Meteor strike cooldown reduced to 20 seconts down from 45. Now grants a hot streak buff.

PS: Arcane orb grants arcane charges per target hit. It is way better than comet or meteor so they need a buff to make them appealing.
    I love the graphic/sound/spell effects on comet storm way too much as a fire mage. Makes me feel a little guilty lol.. Its making switching to frost alot easier to bare. getting FoF procs from it, and every 15 sec, would be a great, great improvement to the lull in dps between major cooldowns.

it does feel like the comet storms/meteors of the 100 tier are not quite impactful/damaging enough especially at their current longer cooldowns.

I wont say much about prismatic crystal other then its a pain to use in heroics, if you get unlucky with procs right when you drop it it feels wasted, and i likely wont touch it as it currently is, similar to RoP in MoP.

Deleted
    Why is prismatic crystal on the GCD??????????????+

Quote Originally Posted by amirdaheat View Post
    Why is prismatic crystal on the GCD??????????????+
    Why not? It has spawn time anyway so you wouldn't be able to cast anything on it for a sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comet storm needs a damage increase, but I still don't get the idea behind any ability that has SPLITTING DAMAGE IN AOE

Prismatic Crystal is just not a people friendly talent. Random pugs? Yeah, hope you get a decent tank that cares about you. Premade groups? Its alright here but, honestly, I don't think many tanks enjoy trying to play around the fact that their mage needs them to stand around the crystal. You could say you don't need to move that much so its up to the mage to use it at the optimal time but its more than that. Sometimes the tank needs to re-position slightly constantly so they'd need to be mindful of how to adjust position around the crystal. I can see this turning into a RoP situation except now we share the fun/frustration with our tanking friends. It was bad enough having to only worry about ourselves.

RoP + PR on a decent movement encounter = frustration simulator 2014.

For real though pr is decent dmg but is terrible to use in a fight with an ounce of movement, but then again that entire tier is awful i mean i can get up to 6 or 8 extra seconds of icy veins! oh only if i get the procs then i wait 3mins sweet... and then there is the equivalent of throwing cotton balls comet storm honestly i have mained a mage since my first day of wow way back in 06 and this is the worst they've ever felt. I love arcane but the damage is just not there and fire would honestly better off just /afking because im certain fire spells dont actually do damage. lets just hope they buff/improve some of the abilitys so we are not so cd dependant its like i see a group of mobs just before the boss and my mind is like hmmm do i do a good amount of damage or do i actually want to do some damage to the boss, it sucks.

Thermal void is pretty baller actually for heroics. I use PC for soloing and thermal for heroics. Short fights mean more of the fight time spent with MI up and thermal makes MI do massive numbers. If you keep icy veins up the whole time MI is up you will wreck single target with actual single target damage

Deleted
    I cant see where it is written that thermal void increase MI dmg. Explain please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Comet storm needs a damage increase, but I still don't get the idea behind any ability that has SPLITTING DAMAGE IN AOE
    Welcome to the world prot paladins have faced for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    I cant see where it is written that thermal void increase MI dmg. Explain please
    MI scales dynamically, IV increases a stat, thermal extends the duration of that increase = damage increase for MI.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    MI scales dynamically, IV increases a stat, thermal extends the duration of that increase = damage increase for MI.
    ^ It is absolutely bonkers for single target burst right now and is sustained on targets. So many people are talking about the great dps XX does on trash and i just sit here wondering, why are we worried about trash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    ^ It is absolutely bonkers for single target burst right now and is sustained on targets. So many people are talking about the great dps XX does on trash and i just sit here wondering, why are we worried about trash?
    Then should i use the glyph with multistrike buf or stay for Haste one ? When combined with MI ?