Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm more interested in her having quel'delar and if this makes the Blood Elf version of the quest canon. As an aside, I think she should have been involved in the wrath story line instead of the whole sunreaver business. I've always thought that the horde should of had its own city from the get go, but then again maybe I just really hate Aethas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Boss Mida is purely fanon. Gallywix is a good leader, because he's effective - and goblin to the core. Not every leader has to be a noble white knight. I agree that he could use a bit more time in the limelight, but then again, how often do you hear about Rotschilds? Continuing the story of experiments? They keep doing all kinds of 'em all the time. Trying to get their own home? Don't they already have one in Azshara? Kezan id dead, scorched to smithereens, uninhabitable, and might as well be under at the bottom of the ocean already. Rival fight with the gnomes? Where? They fight across every battlefield where there's tech involved. But they don't have a border or some object/territory to war over. Goblins are that silent, but crucial technological backbone of the Horde. We don't need another Thrall/Varian/Jaina in goblin form - because it's what all "racial storylines" boil down to.
    Boss Mida exist in Orgrimmar the goblin slums, and talk about want to take power, and Gallywix tried to kill/enslave the entire goblins population, that make anyone - including varian - better goblin racial leader than him, or worst case 'as him'.
    You forget also that most wow lore is not 'known' for default citizen, most people in Azeroth think LK is dead, not he possess Bolvar now, they don't know even 10% of what Thrall can do, also everyone know what Malfurion did (since nightmare took over all Azeroth and Malfurion took over all Azeroth to fight it back in return), most citizens info is very low, I think it is very normal that we know all the shady things that happen.
    As for rival with Gnomes make it in new land, and set them on each other throats, their 'crucial' technological backbone to horde exist since vanilla wow, and exact same exist for alliance too btw.
    I don't want a 'goblin' story, I want survivor of kezan story, and that doesn't exista
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If i good remember, Lor'Themar mentioned that he don't want take a place as king of Blood Elves, because he believe someone from Sunstrider Dynasty still alive, after TBC. Remember Kael'Thas got brain wash by Kil'Jaeden by the way. Is mentioned in Shadow Of The Sun novel, about Lor'Themar. So he will remain as reagent lord, until Blizzard will change this.

As for Astalor Bloodsworn. Now he got his new toys, thanks to Lei'Shen.
    Lor'themar is not king, but he has the sum of state power

Deleted
    Well there's a chance that there MIGHT be someone of the Sunstrider bloodline alive, but in reality they should just reform the council and go "Hey Lor'themar, you're no longer regent now.." *slaps crown on him*

[Lor'thmar has earned the achivement 'Hell its about damn time']

"All hail the King!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If i good remember, Lor'Themar mentioned that he don't want take a place as king of Blood Elves, because he believe someone from Sunstrider Dynasty still alive, after TBC.
    It was the other way around, he doesn't want to claim the crown because he believes the dynasty is dead and that no one else has a right to it. He's also upholding a decree that Kael made (back when he wasn't nuts) that Anasterian would be their last monarch.

At least, that's what he says in public. The subtext is more that he has the best claim himself but doesn't want to stake it because he doesn't want that sort of status.

Maybe he should. It would be a funny rags-to-riches tale if he finally got with Liadrin, and Salandria woke up one morning as the princess of Quel'Thalas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You can stereotype the players of pretty much every playable race but that won't make your flawed point any more valid. It's not a bad thing to invest in a playable race that is aesthetically pleasing. Nor is it suddenly more interesting to play something ugly though I know some people get off on hating whatever is considered to be 'mainstream'.

So I'll repeat what I stated earlier: elves are popular because they're tied to a large chunk of the more important lore in the setting rather than purely based on their physical appearance. That's just an added perk.
    Thats for lore people, for most players and most players dont givea crap about lore the characterization is pretty spot on but that has nothing to do with a race getting development or not and his complaints are dumb for that reason.

I dont play elves besides my Paladin but I do like their lore and like Liadrinn character but I guess they cant complain much, Belves have done something every expansion with us even having rep factions from them for every xpac I believe, specially in MOP it was good to flesh out Lorthemar and was pretty nice to the belves.

It does make perfect sense for them to be here and its dumb to complain about it, what I wanted to see was more Draenei and we are getting it this xpacs so thats cool(and I'm horde only or mostly got a few alts I dont play on the alliance).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It was the other way around, he doesn't want to claim the crown because he believes the dynasty is dead and that no one else has a right to it. He's also upholding a decree that Kael made (back when he wasn't nuts) that Anasterian would be their last monarch.

At least, that's what he says in public. The subtext is more that he has the best claim himself but doesn't want to stake it because he doesn't want that sort of status.

Maybe he should. It would be a funny rags-to-riches tale if he finally got with Liadrin, and Salandria woke up one morning as the princess of Quel'Thalas.
    Lor'themar dislike politics, He wants to be a Ranger.

P.D: Eldin Sunstrider

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Boss Mida exist in Orgrimmar the goblin slums, and talk about want to take power, and Gallywix tried to kill/enslave the entire goblins population, that make anyone - including varian - better goblin racial leader than him, or worst case 'as him'.
    You forget also that most wow lore is not 'known' for default citizen, most people in Azeroth think LK is dead, not he possess Bolvar now, they don't know even 10% of what Thrall can do, also everyone know what Malfurion did (since nightmare took over all Azeroth and Malfurion took over all Azeroth to fight it back in return), most citizens info is very low, I think it is very normal that we know all the shady things that happen.
    As for rival with Gnomes make it in new land, and set them on each other throats, their 'crucial' technological backbone to horde exist since vanilla wow, and exact same exist for alliance too btw.
    I don't want a 'goblin' story, I want survivor of kezan story, and that doesn't exista
    She's just an NPC with a couple of lines of flavor text. Gamon is way ahead of her in terms of popularity and fanons. It doesn't matter what Gallywix did by your moral standarts. He did the most goblin thing that could've been done - he fucked over the entire Kezan and managed to walk out of it being the boss, with all the money. That's what goblins are supposed to be. In the face of Armageddon, a true goblin will see a business opportunity to exploit, and he will choose gold over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Lor'themar dislike politics, He wants to be a Ranger.
    All the more reason for him to step aside and let Rommath lead in his place then. I'd find that a lot more interesting than Lor'themar being another reluctant leader figure which has become overdone in fantasy fiction. Plus it'd be great to see the blood elves with their natural affinity to magic led by a character that actively uses the arcane.

She's just an NPC with a couple of lines of flavor text. Gamon is way ahead of her in terms of popularity and fanons. It doesn't matter what Gallywix did by your moral standarts. He did the most goblin thing that could've been done - he fucked over the entire Kezan and managed to walk out of it being the boss, with all the money. That's what goblins are supposed to be. In the face of Armageddon, a true goblin will see a business opportunity to exploit, and he will choose gold over anything else.
    That's the general goblin stereotype, yet I feel we'd be better served by someone who is savvy in economics but still caring. And who we don't loathe like we do Gallywix.

*cough*Sassy*cough*
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    All the more reason for him to step aside and let Rommath lead in his place then. I'd find that a lot more interesting than Lor'themar being another reluctant leader figure which has become overdone in fantasy fiction. Plus it'd be great to see the blood elves with their natural affinity to magic led by a character that actively uses the arcane.
    Blood elf rangers are core part of their society, they are as equal in blood elf heritage as mages
    That doesn't deny that she still exist, and it show how much bad their lore is if one of most recognizing aspects is 'one with just text', if u remove her, u lose almost all kezan-related quests
    And being greedy doesn't make you automatically evil, for example Uncle Scrooge from disney is incredibly greedy yet he isn't evil at all
    Gallywix didn't do 'goblin morals' standard, he pretty much had no problem to wipe out every goblin of kezan for money and power, so yes I prefer anyone else over him
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Tired of cynics that can't appreciate characters that believe in something greater than themselves.

"Self righteous" is a term used by those who don't like characters who aren't villains or snarcky.

If one actually pays attention they can appreciate the good acting, and her story

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She's just an NPC with a couple of lines of flavor text. Gamon is way ahead of her in terms of popularity and fanons.
    You aren't really popular if you aren't featured in at least 10 erotic fanfics.

But yeah, milda is one of myths of cataclysm like crowler, that never been really important in later story. But unlike crowley she never did anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf rangers are core part of their society, they are as equal in blood elf heritage as mages
    Not necessarily in the hierarchy, though, and I agree it would be nice to see Rommath come into Lor'themar's role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    That's the general goblin stereotype, yet I feel we'd be better served by someone who is savvy in economics but still caring. And who we don't loathe like we do Gallywix.

*cough*Sassy*cough*
    Ethereals are more commercially aware, IMO. Goblins are more like short-sighted scam artists.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    *cough*Sassy*cough*
    I'm more than certain there's fapfics about her.
    Gallywix didn't do 'goblin morals' standard, he pretty much had no problem to wipe out every goblin of kezan for money and power, so yes I prefer anyone else over him
    Wrong. He did not "wipe out" every goblin on Kezan. He saved them in his ark. Only that he took everything they had. But hey, what wouldn't you give to survive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Tired of cynics that can't appreciate characters that believe in something greater than themselves.

"Self righteous" is a term used by those who don't like characters who aren't villains or snarcky.
    Because I personally got tired of characters that go around saving the world for free, blessed with tremendous power because they're so awesome. Those characters are just not believable. Why can't they get angry? Get drunk? Lose a crucial battle once in a while? Be outright wrong about something? Be tyrannical or hisitating? Things that happen to real people don't happen to these paragons of goodness. They don't have human feats behind their uniform good traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

If one actually pays attention they can appreciate the good acting, and her story
    I appreciate those characters; however, Warcraft is oversaturated with them.

That leads to a couple of problems.

-It injects a 21st century-esque moral compass into Warcraft
    -It waters down the importance/significance of these characters both in overall impact and thematics.
    -It (more often than not) comes off as extraordinarily cheesy. In Warcraft, it most certainly has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy they had Liadrin take an active role this expac. Interesting that the Shattered Sun tabard has been replaced though...

Both her and Lor'themar deserve a little more uniqueness with their models. Hopefully we'll see that in 6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.