Deleted

Noob DK needs leveling help.

So. I am a returning player and haven't played the game for like 4 years.

Decided to level a rogue to 100 first as that was my main previously but now I also decided to level a DK (which I have never played before although I had a decent idea of how they worked 4 years ago) so I have bought a boost to 90 and is about to start leveling. So keep in mind I got terribad gear.

I've read through some threads and it seems to me all 3 specs as DK is viable when it comes to leveling. What I need help with is:

1: Basic rotations for each spec for leveling. (current using plague strike to get diseases up and spamming SS as unholy)

2: Any specific rune forge enchant to use?

3: For frost, 2h or dw?

4: Your own preferred spec to level with, please share your experience.

Rune forge should always be strength of the fallen crusader while leveling, only thing that matters while leveling is killing mobs quick, also helps that it has a bit of sustain behind it, if you are dual weilding put razorice on your off hand.

Basic rotation is easy to find, look through icy veins since i cant remember exactly off the top of my head

Frost, 2h is better at leveling since it has better burst with obliterate, but dw scales better at max level during raids.

I leveled 90-100 as unholy since unholy is currently the top dk dps spec and i wanted to learn how to play it. It was a little slower than frost, since unholy tends to ramp up rather than deal a lot of damage up front, but i thought it was fun

Just level as 2H Frost

Main Damage Abilities:

Obliterate
    Frost Strike
    Howling Blast

Main Damage Cooldowns:

Empower Rune Weapon
    Frost Pillar

Suvivability:

Ghoul Sacrifice (Unsure of name)
    Death Strike (Succor Procs)

These abilties can carry you to 100.
    Last edited by tkbaby13; 2014-11-18 at 10:24 AM.

Just don't do blood. It's not faster. It may be easier, safer, but it's not faster. All dk specs can aoe. All dk specs can solo stronger enemies. All dk specs have death strike.

I think 2h frost is superior early if you start leveling with good quality MoP gear. My main gripe with it is that it burns through runes/RP quickly and has downtime in the rotation. If you chain mobs nonstop you can find yourself resource starved. As you gain levels you won't be able to kill mobs in 2-3 globals. With that in mind, I've been unholy for most of my leveling, especially from about 94 onward.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont take the information on this page as the gospel, but it will get you started in the right direction for all three specs as far as priority systems, gearing, stats, etc.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/unholy-...owns-abilities

The link itself is for Unholy, but every other spec for all the classes can be found on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by spicybbq View Post
    Just don't do blood. It's not faster. It may be easier, safer, but it's not faster. All dk specs can aoe. All dk specs can solo stronger enemies. All dk specs have death strike.

I think 2h frost is superior early if you start leveling with good quality MoP gear. My main gripe with it is that it burns through runes/RP quickly and has downtime in the rotation. If you chain mobs nonstop you can find yourself resource starved. As you gain levels you won't be able to kill mobs in 2-3 globals. With that in mind, I've been unholy for most of my leveling, especially from about 94 onward.
    I would disagree. Blood is fine for levelling, and the loss in speed is minimal as you can handle far more mobs. The damage, especially in AoE, is comparable to and might even exceed that of Frost in instances.