Having a bit of trouble adjusting to leveling as a Mage, any tips?

I used my boost from pre-ordering on a Mage, which I am maining in WoD, and I have a pretty good feel for the rotation and whatnot for a boss and in a group I am having some trouble with soloing and leveling. I am frost/arcane but I antually find myself doing better with arcane than frost. Does anyone have any general tips for leveling and soloing?

Glyph of Slow - Applies Slow when you cast Arcane Blast.
    A simple changed of talents could make a big difference also:
    Evanesce can be good for negating attacks whilst on the move, rather than sitting in an Ice Block.
    Take Ice Barrier and use it as much as possible.
    Greater Invisibility is nice for getting out of sticky situations, and also gives a 90% damage reduction which is pretty awesome. I find it more useful than Cauterize and Cold Snap personally.
    I like to take Supernova to interrupt spells and do insane burst damage, but it's your choice whether you want to give up Frost Nova which can come in handy in a lot of situations also.
    Mirror Images can be used to hold aggro for a short time before they are inevitably killed. Pretty good for soloing things whilst leveling.

Work with the talents how you want; there are plenty of things a Mage can do to level efficiently. I think it's one of the easier classes to level ^_^