Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Survival Hunters, how has your experience been so far?

I'm currently 522 and I feel like I am slightly weaker when grouped with similar item level DPS classes. In heroics, with the 3 man DPS buff you get, I'm only doing 18,000 burst with about 14,000 sustained. My AoE is complete trash.. Especially against Tanks.. Tanks are dealing so much damage it isn't even funny. I have tried both Lone Wolf and the different Exotic Munitions. I didn't really like Lone Wolf because I was doing significantly lower DPS than I was with the poison or fire Exotic Munitions. Maybe I didn't give it enough time though.

So far, overall I think Survival is slightly in a bad place. Maybe a slight buff would put them more in line.. But that is just my opinion. Also, is anyone else getting Focus starved? Especially when the tanks chain pull. Should I be using Thrill or Steady Focus? Which do you think is better.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2014-11-18 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Sry to say this but i guess u mean 622 ilvl??

Survival sucks in dungeons. It has shitty AoE and big ramp up time, I'm running 630 MM and can get up to 21-22k sustained dps (most bosses in Auchindoun for example) and as low as 17k. Didn't check burst to be honest :P

Also it's much easier to gear up MM and BM... Or I'm just unlucky with multistrike items :P

Deleted
    Atm im ilvl 635 and i feel survival isnt actually doing too bad atm, yeah ofc we are behind but not by alot. We need to get alot of multistrike before we can start competing and i have had hardly any luck getting multistrike apart from my trinket haha xD.

Survival Ramp up time is really bad but once you get past the first 6 seconds its usually quite good.

DPS wise i can roughly hold 18-22k single target depending on LnL procs. My highest burst was 35k with back to back LnL procs on pull with trinket up.
    For AoE i usually multi shot once and then go back to single target rotation and then multi again to re apply serpent sting 10-12 seconds later.

Lone wolf vs Exotic Munitions. They are both very close atm using either will not really affect dps too much.

644 atm. No reason to be survival. BM for cmodes and heroics, MM Dec 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    644 atm. No reason to be survival. BM for cmodes and heroics, MM Dec 2nd.
    How the heck are you 644 already? Did you like buy every possible boe epic in game?:P

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    How the heck are you 644 already? Did you like buy every possible boe epic in game?:P
    Daily cmodes without any double slots. Missing helm neck and cloak boes. No crafted yet. My helm is extremely weak. Hoping to fix that today.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fossil/simple

Daily cmodes without any double slots. Missing helm neck and cloak boes. No crafted yet. My helm is extremely weak. Hoping to fix that today.

Oh, that explains a lot ^^

Im 631 and my single target sustained is 17.2k my burst is only about 19-21k (depends on LnL). my aoe depending on number of targets is 21k to 38k (3 to tank pulling a room) my talent choices are steady focus barrage AMoC and focusing shot always. while lw your burst maybe higher than fs every test I've ran fs has been my top damage choice for that tier even sustained.Make sure to cheese AMoc as much as possible with resets. for aoe try to make sure to get multi shot off before anything else since ss will be the most damage follow fast with a barrage (positioning is key). 5 targets or less put ba on the healthiest target, use LnL with procs. I hope this helps

My single target test was dummies and unbuffed and no lust 5 mins iteration test . Wish I could get my warcraft logs up.
    Last edited by jpthepope; 2014-11-18 at 07:20 PM.

Daily cmodes without any double slots. Missing helm neck and cloak boes.

Just got WoD today - what does "without any double slots" mean in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabb1t View Post
    Just got WoD today - what does "without any double slots" mean in this case?
    I'm guessing he means without anyone else who can use his gear in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    I'm guessing he means without anyone else who can use his gear in the party.
    No, it means in his case he has gotten 540 pieces that don't overlap with other 540 pieces. For example, I've gotten two 540 necks in a row now, therefore putting me "behind" in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    No, it means in his case he has gotten 540 pieces that don't overlap with other 540 pieces. For example, I've gotten two 540 necks in a row now, therefore putting me "behind" in comparison.
    My guild is too scared to do Challenge Modes with me because they claim "It's too hard and a waste of time"... So I'll never get to do them unless I can manage to get a pre-made PUG group.

Deleted
    Well, you do need 4-5 seconds to set up your damage, but once it gets going, it's not all that bad tbh.

If we had a good 2minute burst cooldown i think we the whole spec would be quite ok, still can't understand the stubborness of blizzard on not giving one to us, but ok.

I also miss a finisher, but alas...

Also, multistrike feels REALY good for us. It realy makes a diference when you stack it... Serpent sting + crows + explosive shot dot + black arrow + poisoned ammo + stacking multristrike makes a dot spam that i find realy fun to watch. Was always a fan of dot classes dunno why.

I can't tell to much about DPS, we're supposedly behind the other specs but I have not played BM yet and MM is actually just unbelievably dull at the moment so I don't really bother with it.

However, about the overall feel of the spec I really like it, they removed SpS and Kill shot from our rotation, Kill shot I liked and is a bit sad they removed, SpS is sort of understandable because in the end, the improved Serpent Sting on hit damage was basicly just an arcane shot anyway. Black Arrow does a lot of damage now and isn't just a LnL trigger, Explosive Trap applying a dot instead of a ground AoE is a huge buff for using it more often, atm you basicly want to use it instead of Arcane Shot whenever there are 2+ targets that will stay alive for 10 seconds and your serpent sting isn't gonna fall off.

One downside I've had with the spec is the use of Barrage, I'm not quite sure how to fit it into SV because of the low cooldowns, procs and many abilities, aswell as low focus regen with a long cast time Cobra Shot.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post

One downside I've had with the spec is the use of Barrage, I'm not quite sure how to fit it into SV because of the low cooldowns, procs and many abilities, aswell as low focus regen with a long cast time Cobra Shot.
    Same. Barrage feels odd as SV. Only having 100 focus as oposed to 120 makes barrage high focus cost somewhat harder to adjust. It's perfectly doable ofc, but i feel it doesnt fit well and when i try to use it as SV i have to drasticaly adjust my rotation to fit it in.

All in all, after heavy consideration i've droped it for glaive toss. Yes i know it's a dps loss in AOE and perhaps even in single target, but what sims don't account is player error and it's much easier to mess up the priority list and delay other shots with barrage than with glaive toss.

As i'm not a super pro player and i don't realy like much the adjustments i need to make to fit barrage, i've gone with glaive toss. It's lower focus cost makes the whole gameplay faster wich i like.

And yes, MM is incredibly dull. Opinions may vary ofc, but i find the spec unbelievably slow. Massive crits are fun tough.

The Hunter is flat out terrible, there is nothing fluid about SV rotation, hell, nothing fluid about any of the Hunter spec rotations, it is the only class that has to literally pause to regenerate in order keep dpsing. Fire 2-3 shots, stop, wait 4-6 seconds to regen via cobra or focusing shots, rinse and repeat, it is absolutely asinine.

If they expect the Hunter class to be a mobile dpser and make the rotations the least bit fluid both cobra and focusing shot need to be instant.

And yes Barrage is a joke now, much to high of cost and appears the duration it fires has been cut in half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    The Hunter is flat out terrible, there is nothing fluid about SV rotation, hell, nothing fluid about any of the Hunter spec rotations, it is the only class that has to literally pause to regenerate in order keep dpsing. Fire 2-3 shots, stop, wait 4-6 seconds to regen via cobra or focusing shots, rinse and repeat, it is absolutely asinine.

If they expect the Hunter class to be a mobile dpser and make the rotations the least bit fluid both cobra and focusing shot need to be instant.

And yes Barrage is a joke now, much to high of cost and appears the duration it fires has been cut in half.
    Er... what ? "it is the only class that has to literally pause to regenerate in order keep dpsing." ?

Are you on drugs or just a troll ? try to play feral druid, or frost DK, or Rogues and tell me back if they don't have to pause to regen and do more dps....

At least we have an ability we can ALWAYS press to regen resources (cobra/steady), a lot of specs out there don't even have that option and need to literaly stare at the screen for a couple of seconds doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    My guild is too scared to do Challenge Modes with me because they claim "It's too hard and a waste of time"... So I'll never get to do them unless I can manage to get a pre-made PUG group.
    then you need a new guild
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    then you need a new guild
    Their reason is, because the server best is 55 minutes, that it's too hard. My response is, only 3 groups on my server even tried it.. Perhaps they were not very skilled.