Missions use Garrison Resources?

So after happily sending out my level 91 followers to attempt 98 missions on the off chance they may succeed, I have just noticed that a lot of the missions have a small garrison resource cost. I am now kind of torn between trying to level up my followers faster, or saving up for my level 3 garrison.

I am curious as to what strategy the good people of mmo-champion have been using. Part of me wants to only take missions that reward garrison resources until i have upgraded my garrison. What is your approach?

Deleted
    I just did missions as I leveled, by the time I hit level 100 I had 2k garrison resources to upgrade to level 3. Getting all the treasures and rares as I leveled allowed me to have all my small and med buildings to level 2 and my town hall to level 3.

I only sent out like ~10 missions in the whole time I leveled just cause going to your garrison at the time was asking to get stuck xD

Once I had the ability to get my garrison to level 3 I quit doing any missions that cost resources. I upgraded my garrison and added another "small" and now am working on adding the a "medium" and "large" as well as upgrades to some of the others. I'd rather get this stuff upgraded first and then level my followers. So basically if the missions give me resources and/or don't cost any resources I'll do them. If not, my followers just get to relax at the garrison

You can kill all the rares in each zone as well as purchase the treasure finding maps for each zone once you've completed that zones achievement. They are sold in the Ashran hub and will mark all the treasures on your map for you - you will have tons. Many contain garrison resources.

Leveling up followers is important since you will start getting level 100 missions which your low level followers wont be able to complete. Once they reach level 100 keep sending them on XP missions since they will then upgrade from common to rare to epic in quality. The lumber mill and trading post are excellent buildings to have to gather resources which as you've discovered, are very hard to come by. The stables will reward a good amount to with 10 days of 6 daily quests per day to train each of the mounts - they reward 30 or so resources each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Once I had the ability to get my garrison to level 3 I quit doing any missions that cost resources. I upgraded my garrison and added another "small" and now am working on adding the a "medium" and "large" as well as upgrades to some of the others. I'd rather get this stuff upgraded first and then level my followers. So basically if the missions give me resources and/or don't cost any resources I'll do them. If not, my followers just get to relax at the garrison
    That sounds like the way to go to me! Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    You need to level your followers or you'll wind up stuck with them being too low level to complete missions. I had my level 3 garrison with every building built and at level 2 while still doing missions when I hit 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

fyi, if a mission is more than 2 levels higher than a follower they only get 10% of the xp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loister View Post
    So after happily sending out my level 91 followers to attempt 98 missions on the off chance they may succeed, I have just noticed that a lot of the missions have a small garrison resource cost. I am now kind of torn between trying to level up my followers faster, or saving up for my level 3 garrison.

I am curious as to what strategy the good people of mmo-champion have been using. Part of me wants to only take missions that reward garrison resources until i have upgraded my garrison. What is your approach?
    I have a level one garrison still (I'm leveling slowly and across a couple of toons). As of this morning, I have about 850GR banked. I send out followers all the time to get them leveled up. Once I get to tier 2 I'll put in a lumber mill using the Gorgrond Assembly Notes. At that point getting more GR than I spend will be relatively simple. And then it just takes some time. You can ignore leveling your followers if you like but there's likely going to come a point where you wish you had. I expect that when I get to the point where Tier 3 is available I'll likely have all or most of the resources I need to do what I want. Patience is a virtue. The faster you rush through and push the less time you have to build resources. There are choices to make. Clearly, you can't have everything at once during the first week which seems to be chafing people a bit.

I wouldn't bother sending level 91 followers out on high-level missions anyway unless they were part of a higher-level group. The investment isn't worth the return.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Once I started to get my followers higher level, I started to get better resource missions. I'm making a profit now on resources, running missions.

Use scavenger. Good results.