Can't upgrade level 100 follower items?

I've gotten several follower item upgrades from salvage crates and I cannot use any of them. I was able to upgrade Karg Bloodfury a few days ago, but cannot use any items on him since, nor can I use them on any other level 100 I have. Am I missing something?
    For reference, the items are:

Fortified Armor Enhancement (blue)
    Braced Armor Enhancement (green)
    War Ravaged Weaponry (green)

I'm trying to do it from the command table follower tab, they have item levels, and are level 100..

I believe you need to right-click the item itself first, just like when you get timeless isle gear. Then you should be able to use the result of your right-click to upgrade your follower.

Quote Originally Posted by bwh View Post
    I believe you need to right-click the item itself first, just like when you get timeless isle gear. Then you should be able to use the result of your right-click to upgrade your follower.
    Yeah, I was doing that. It gives you a cursor and lights up blue when you hover over the item slots, like it can be used there.
    But I figured it out, kind of silly actually. You have to click on the follower in the left side panel, and not on their item slots, even though it indicates you can do it there (And I did it when my very first follower item days ago). Strange.

A lot of little things seem broken today. All my mine nodes disappeared after the hotfix. Then they came back. I'm getting absolutely zero item upgrades from my Dwarven Bunker when yesterday it was running about 50%.

Mine seemed to work just fine. Not sure what could be causing this bug.