Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    You seriously expect me to come up with an answer where they would go?
    It was your argument. If you can't actually show where they'd go you're just handwaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It was your argument. If you can't actually show where they'd go you're just handwaving.
    No, it's not "handwaving", I'm not a fucking mindreader. I just know that criminals won't disappear magically just because you think they will when you legalize something, they'll move onto something else.

Deleted
    They'd continue with their other mainstays.

Smuggling, extortion, bribery, protection, kidnapping, contract killings.

It'd be nice to remove a cartels main earner, but not many depend on it as their main survival gig.

No really, someone please educate me with their opinions on how a society with legal meth, heroin, cocaine and rufies would be easier to deal with than immigrants. I'm almost entertained.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Nuance is not your strong suit. Legalization will hurt cartel funding and help Mexico stabilize. A stable Mexico will lose fewer citizens to the US. This will of course take time.
    People in poor counties will do w/e they can to increase their standard of living, we don't have drug cartels in Cuba yet myriads of people throw themselves to the sea or the naval base to get out of poverty. Our neighbor is happy to have had his leg blown off by a landmine since the people on the base took pity and brought him over to the US while the others that were with him that got caught were returned and sent to jail (my uncle was among them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

No, it's not "handwaving", I'm not a fucking mindreader. I just know that criminals won't disappear magically just because you think they will when you legalize something, they'll move onto something else.
    Without money criminal organizations are easier to crush. Your magic fairy market is just a bad argument unless you can tell us what it is.

Smuggling, extortion, bribery, protection, kidnapping, contract killings.
    The illegal drug trade in the US is worth several billion dollars a year. That's a lot of rich kids to kidnap to make up for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget mining and resource extraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No really, someone please educate me with their opinions on how a society with legal meth, heroin, cocaine and rufies would be easier to deal with than immigrants. I'm almost entertained.
    How many people do you think want to do cocaine but only abstain because its illegal?

Deleted
    Without money criminal organizations are easier to crush. Your magic fairy market is just a bad argument unless you can tell us what it is.
    No, I'm not some kind of fucking criminologist expert, you expect people to come up with some kind of fucking study when they say anything it seems, it's getting really absurd. We both know they won't magically go away just because you hope they will. It's delusional to think they wouldn't move onto other things.

How many people do you think want to do cocaine but only abstain because its illegal?
    How many kids abstain from alcohol because it's illegal?

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus, couldn't government mandates make what we believe to extremely addictive drugs less lethal and perhaps less addictive, etc., since a lot of the illegal drugs that are traded daily are laced with other hardcore substances? If they did, the drug industry would be elastic as fuck, so total revenue would go down.
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

No, I'm not some kind of fucking criminologist expert, you expect people to come up with some kind of fucking study when they say anything it seems, it's getting really absurd. We both know they won't magically go away just because you hope they will. It's delusional to think they wouldn't move onto other things.
    I expect you to explain how your theories would actually play out. Not exactly a huge burden.

How many kids abstain from alcohol because it's illegal?
    In my experience? Almost none.

Deleted
    I expect you to explain how your theories would actually play out. Not exactly a huge burden.
    Oh, you mean like you haven't when you go "hurr, this will have a huge impact on illegal immigration"? You're nothing but some idealist dreamer who thinks the world will be nice once you fix "the bad guys". Things don't get solved magically just because you remove one part of the equation.

Oh, you mean like you haven't when you go "hurr, this will have a huge impact on illegal immigration"? You're nothing but some idealist dreamer who thinks the world will be nice once you fix "the bad guys". Things don't get solved magically just because you remove one part of the equation.
    Keep flailing against that strawman there buddy.

Deleted
    The illegal drug trade in the US is worth several billion dollars a year. That's a lot of rich kids to kidnap to make up for.
    And the extortion trade is their second highest earning, followed by kidnapping and resource extraction.

Lets assume we made all drugs legal though to undermine them, it'd work, that'd create a short-term vacuum where they'd struggle to adapt for a period, but most experts agree they'd continue to exist and continue to diversify their portfolios.

Probably aggressively expanding into further exploitation of natural resources.

And that's everything from mining, slave labor, lumber, oil ect.

Markets worth billions upon billions.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They all really came here for Texas's sweet ass tea.

Deleted
    Keep flailing against that strawman there buddy.
    There is no strawman. You haven't explained how legalizing it would actually lead to less immigration, you're just being an idealist and express somethign you think will reduce the immigration. THINK. It won't happen. We can see this in other parts of the world. Countries which are stable but the quality of life is shit so people move. This won't change if you legalize drugs or keep them illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    And the extortion trade is their second highest earning, followed by kidnapping and resource extraction.

Lets assume we made all drugs legal though to undermine them, it'd work, that'd create a short-term vacuum where they'd struggle to adapt for a period, but most experts agree they'd continue to exist and continue to diversify their portfolios.

Probably aggressively expanding into further exploitation of natural resources.

And that's everything from mining, slave labor, lumber, oil ect.

Markets worth billions upon billions.
    Sure, I'm not saying you wouldn't need proactive efforts to deal with them still. It would still mean a lot of hard work. But removing a major financial asset will do a lot to provide to opportunities necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no strawman. You haven't explained how legalizing it would actually lead to less immigration, you're just being an idealist and express somethign you think will reduce the immigration. THINK. It won't happen. We can see this in other parts of the world. Countries which are stable but the quality of life is shit so people move. This won't change if you legalize drugs or keep them illegal.
    I've addressed literally everything in this post already. You're over your head mooneye.

Distributing drugs should be criminal considering that people can die from the drugs, even on the first try.
    I didn't say anything about distributing, I am referring to consumption.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.