Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Don't even know how its possible to pull 6k as any class if you're pressing your buttons.

Was in one dungeon with a pug rogue who just auto attacked mobs and nothing else and he pulled 5k.

Mages can easily shit on warlocks if they're doing everything right.
    he didn't do 6k he did 6k less than everyone else.

Yeah he just doesn't know what he's doing then, not to be a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah he just doesn't know what he's doing then, not to be a dick.
    Probably, he hasn't raided since I think cata, but it is also a recurring theme amongst pug mages I've seen too (Though to be fair pugs themselves are a recurringly bad example of dps) by pugs I mean the people you get from spamming trade, I don't even want to begin to think of how bad my LFG groups are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    burning ember regain seems pretty low to me
    affliction is a disaster, 625 ilvl and took for ever to kill lvl 90 mobs in frostfire.

trying demo next
    what's so bad about affliction?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are Warlocks doing so far? As expected.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what's so bad about affliction?
    DoT damage is bad without Haunt and spamming Drain Soul; and no burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    How are Warlocks doing so far? As expected.

DoT damage is bad without Haunt and spamming Drain Soul; and no burst.
    what is "as expected" supposed to mean in this context? could you be more specific?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm keeping up just fine except for with the tanks (AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE?)

Joking aside, I was more worried about Destro than I needed to be heading into WoD. I've been loving running HC dungeons with MF and Cata

Lack of mobility is definitely an issue but I've been working it out and can even see some key spots where I might consider taking KJC.

All in all, it's been a bit of an adjustment, but not as bad as it seemed it would be. I'm ready for raiding and confident that locks will be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what is "as expected" supposed to mean in this context? could you be more specific?
    As expected really.

Enough of this bad joke. What I was trying to say is that Warlocks players were foreseeing all the issues we have now, yet Blizzard elegantly refused all the feedback with "It will be fine at level 100!". However I have to say class performs little bit better than I expected.

I would say the problem isn't that much in Warlock, although it's toolkit has been reduced to worse state than it was in WotLK or Cata. Problem is more in not enough changes for other classes and other general changes. It is a snowball effect, all the changes made prior to WoD plus changes in WoD.

Main issues are:
    • Terrible mobility
    • Bad raid utility

Terrible mobility
    I won't talk that much about PvE as I don't have a lot of experience with it.

However in PvP it isn't that much mobility to be exact. It is combination of mobility, survivability and CC, yet most of the problems doesn't lie in actual Warlock class. On one side we were hit quite hard by this No-casting-while-moving-for-Warlocks-and-Shamans nerf, but on the other hand, Melees remained untouched. For example you don't even have to bother casting Fear against a Warrior. He has Fear Immunity on 30 sec cooldown with 6 sec duration, Stun, Interrupt, Spell Reflect and of course a PvP trinket; all of this while retaining insane mobility and burst damage.

We weren't compensated for any changes we received in WoD. For example, as Destruction Warlock you had access to whole CC talent row in some form in the past.

Bad raid utility
    We have two relatively useful utilities and one lazy-man's utility. Those useful are Battle resurrection (Druids can do it too) and Demonic Gateways, which other people rarely use unless you are in some serious group. By the lazy-man's utility I mean Healthstones which share cooldown with Health Potion. Now, everybody can create their own Health Potions which heal for more, and now they don't even have to bother raising their skill in First Aid with the changes to Professions in WoD. So I suppose Healthstones will be used, if at all, by the laziest of lazy.

Then there are some issues with class depth, just search other threads here. There a plenty of good information.