Thread: Crit as shadow?

15+ Year Old Account

Crit as shadow?

Does anyone else find it odd wanting crit over haste now since WOD hit? To me it just feels strange. We've always been a haste heavy class even reaching back to BC days.

i thought mastery was the best stat at the moment..so, i've been trying to use pieces with mastery..but my casting times are telling me differently

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt really feel weird, times change, so I adjusted to the new requirements for shadow. Fuckin way she goes :P
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

I can't and won't speak for raiding - I'm more about PVP with shadow, but there is a lot more obvious synergy with crit in PVP. Apparitions proc off crits, there's that Auspicious Spirits talent. Glyph of Mind Blast with Clarity of Power seems much better the higher crit chance.. I'm actually inclined to guess that that glyph actually increases the crit chance of Mind Blast without any visible wordage.

Yeah mastery > crit > haste should be your main focus in gearing for pvp shadow.

The change in mastery from focusing on dots to now focus on your direct damage and the fact that dots are not running faster through haste means that youre not building alot of pressure. This might change again with higher secondary stats in 1-2 seasons or with a couple of class tweaks, but right now youre best suited to live with a bit more casttime but make your hits count and do more spike damage. This is always better in pvp than sustained because it can take ppl off guard, especially when its healer heavy and everyone is almost falling into a coma on long fights.

The more crit you got, the more interesting the root glyph for mindblast becomes aswell.
    Right now youre using mindblast every 5.5 seconds on average and probably around 25-26 % crit change if youre running mastery+crit focused, so you will have ppl rooted for free rather often, which helps you tremendously in creating a bit of breathing room too, without actually having to use an action to do so.

am i reading it right that it says for CoP, its haste > multi > crit > mast > vers ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    am i reading it right that it says for CoP, its haste > multi > crit > mast > vers ?
    That's the Overall best stat weights for CoP, which includes various situation such as single target, 2/3 targets, adds, etc. However, if you are looking to progress in Highmaul, you'll be gearing for single target (mastery).

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Lots of contradicting information everywhere. I was told that multistrike and crit was best for CoP DoTweaving. While Mastery and Crit was best for CoP non-dotweaving. At least that is what Icy Veins claims.
    From H2P:

Averaged BIS

Int = 1.0000
    Spell Power = 0.8826
    Crit = 0.7039
    Haste = 0.6252
    Mastery = 0.4215
    Multistrike = 0.5639
    Versatility = 0.4833
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.1535

Clarity of Power

Int = 1.0000