Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panthro7 View Post
    Well at least you provided the correct answer and avoided the unhelpful internet hero reply

Edit: Post a screen shot of your item level inside a CM

What are you talking about? Are you subscribed? Try it.

I didn't know I needed "proof" for an obvious feature.

Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    What are you talking about? Are you subscribed? Try it.

I didn't know I needed "proof" for an obvious feature.
    Shadowmoon Burial Grounds: 637 down scaled to 630.

Your saying i'm wrong and not providing the correct answer to try and be helpful, whats the point in that?

Your wrong!

Are you subscribed? Try it.

Blizz said ages ago that the new CMs would work the same way as MoP with the exception that sockets would be deactivated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    I pugged bronze UBRS as an accidental item level of 598 due to having utterly incorrect gear on in certain slots. Thanks Orgrimmar teleport cloak thingy! Was still able to hit out well over 30K HPS as needed. 625 should be fine.
    The teleport cloak as well as the fishing pole....ive done it all.

Deleted
    Shadowmoon Burial Grounds: 637 down scaled to 630.

637 goes 630, not everything. Remove some gear and try it, 630 may go lower.

Try it before acting smart.

637 goes 630, not everything. Remove some gear and try it, 630 may go lower.

Try it before acting smart.
    So, Mr Smart, are you suggesting that intended item level gear for CMs is in fact not the intended item level and is also being down scaled, because logic?

Namecalling adds nothing to the discussion. Stay on topic, and stop the ad hominem attacks.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-11-26 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    So, Mr Smart

I didn't call you names, so spare me the personal attacks or deal with the administrators.

Anyway, try it. 630 scaled down to something lower for all my guild in the previous days.

Unless it's a glitch, I do not know.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Each individual slot is scaled down to 630. You both know how it works, you're just misunderstanding each other.

3days in a row URBS CM 2nd boss is a real pain was a real test if your tank/heal can keep tank alive until 2 adds die

dont bother topping dps off since you wont have enough time but do need to PWS>penance them when get dot on them

also been spamming flash heal crazy not sure if im doing it wrong or not (only if they are dangerously low <15%)

edit: done as disc SOL/PI/COW
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2014-11-26 at 05:28 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    3days in a row URBS CM 2nd boss is a real pain was a real test if your tank/heal can keep tank alive until 2 adds die

dont bother topping dps off since you wont have enough time but do need to PWS>penance them when get dot on them

also been spamming flash heal crazy not sure if im doing it wrong or not (only if they are dangerously low <15%)

edit: done as disc SOL/PI/COW
    Caelestrasz/Nagrand Oceanic server? I swear the triple UBRS CM is a bug or troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Each individual slot is scaled down to 630. You both know how it works, you're just misunderstanding each other.

Actually we were getting lower than 630 when we were 630 or slightly more.

It may have been a glitch though.

Quote Originally Posted by delicioussandwhiches View Post
    Caelestrasz/Nagrand Oceanic server? I swear the triple UBRS CM is a bug or troll.
    CM daily is at least region-wide. Every US server had three days of UBRS. I assume they did this to make it work well cross-realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually we were getting lower than 630 when we were 630 or slightly more.

It may have been a glitch though.
    You can be 640 ilvl and end up lower than 630 in CMs if any single piece of your gear is below 630 ilvl. Say you're decked out in purples except for a 615 ring. All your purples get scaled down to 630 but your ring stays 615 and your average item level inside the CM is 629.

If you're saying a specific item over 630 ilvl was scaled incorrectly, then it's a bug and your communication skills need work. If this is the case, report it as a bug in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Really helps to have heroism to help get the first add down and pump out the HPS required to survive it (45k HPS ... Really, Blizzard?) and having someone to dispel the poison is almost mandatory to avoid OOMing (bring a monk or paladin as tank or DPS and show them where cleanse is in their spell book). Doing this with under geared groups, I just two-healed it. Actually, two-healed most of the under geared run and almost made bronze despite having to "teach" the run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    your communication skills need work

spare me the passive aggressive attacks. You keep doing it all over the forum. It doesn't make you look smart, just annoying.

Saying it right now, this passive-aggressiveness that has been vivid in this forum the past weeks stops now. We've been very lenient with it, but it really adds nothing to discussions. It will be hammered hard down upon if it continues, by any party.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Holy tank throughput just isn't there for it to be viable for gold (gotta pull big and blow it up). If you're just going for daily completion, I'm sure any spec can do it.

A mastery/haste set for disc would be best for golds though since the majority of your heals are going to be CoW/PW:S. As holy if I falter on spamming flash/flash/heal the tank can just drop on packs of 2-3 mobs. My flash/heal hit for 20-25k each vs spam hasted CoW from a Disc priest with good mastery. You'll have to maintain shields on everyone anyways to keep up on healing as disc so you'll have close to 100% uptime on Borrowed Time. I have very low mastery currently for Disc but each CoW cast is ~50k. I'm using Mindbender over Solace at the moment since I really can't afford to spare a global for it during periods of intense tank damage, which comes more or less every trash pull.
    Last edited by DonkeyKongSSJ69; 2014-11-26 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSSJ69 View Post
    Holy tank throughput just isn't there for it to be viable for gold (gotta pull big and blow it up). If you're just going for daily completion, I'm sure any spec can do it.

A mastery/haste set for disc would be best for golds though since the majority of your heals are going to be CoW/PW:S. As holy if I falter on spamming flash/flash/heal the tank can just drop on packs of 2-3 mobs. My flash/heal hit for 20-25k each vs spam hasted CoW from a Disc priest with good mastery. You'll have to maintain shields on everyone anyways to keep up on healing as disc so you'll have close to 100% uptime on Borrowed Time. I have very low mastery currently for Disc but each CoW cast is ~50k. I'm using Mindbender over Solace at the moment since I really can't afford to spare a global for it during periods of intense tank damage, which comes more or less every trash pull.
    I think that's a bad decision, mindbender dies so easily, stops attacking too. Solace is mana regen, a stack of evangelism which you can pop even at 1 to get a little boost on healing if your tanks getting pummeled.

Are your tanks/dps ccing mobs? Cc goes a long way. When I do cms with my friends we've got urols vortex, remorseless winter, shockwave, binding shot depending on what classes we play for that cm.

Quote Originally Posted by delicioussandwhiches View Post
    im from OCE server but its region thing for CM daily so US, OCE and brazil server gets the same

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Really helps to have heroism to help get the first add down and pump out the HPS required to survive it (45k HPS ... Really, Blizzard?) and having someone to dispel the poison is almost mandatory to avoid OOMing (bring a monk or paladin as tank or DPS and show them where cleanse is in their spell book). Doing this with under geared groups, I just two-healed it. Actually, two-healed most of the under geared run and almost made bronze despite having to "teach" the run.
    really sucks we cant dispel the poison that tick for

got everbloom today MUCH MUCH easier

spare me the passive aggressive attacks. You keep doing it all over the forum. It doesn't make you look smart, just annoying.
    Wasn't passive or aggressive. I was legitimately unclear on what, exactly, you were trying to say, because your communication skills are lacking. And you didn't respond with an explanation. Are you claiming your overall item level is incorrectly calculated or that the item level of a specific piece of gear is being incorrectly calculated? Because it was clearly explained that your item level outside of CMs has no direct bearing on your item level inside them, only the individual item level of every specific piece of gear matters, as they are all scaled down to 630 and nothing is scaled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Saying it right now, this passive-aggressiveness that has been vivid in this forum the past weeks stops now. We've been very lenient with it, but it really adds nothing to discussions. It will be hammered hard down upon if it continues, by any party.
    I'm not sure who this is directed to, but comments like "are you subscribed? Try it [before acting smart]." are passive-aggressive in themselves and begging for the responses magneeeto has received. He refuses to clearly articulate the problem and infers that anyone who doesn't understand him is simply stupid.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-11-28 at 10:22 AM.

I just finished all the CMs with a silver medal and got the yeti as a result. I did all fights as disc and never speced into holy. It is totally doable. 2nd boss in skyreach with proper dps is a joke.

Did my first CM yesterday, was the big ol' Iron Train... the first boss I just couldn't do as disc So I went holy... not sure what I was doing wrong (perhaps I ate too many slams accidentally), however I feel going addon-less was a mistake, and it's DBM time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    Did my first CM yesterday, was the big ol' Iron Train... the first boss I just couldn't do as disc So I went holy... not sure what I was doing wrong (perhaps I ate too many slams accidentally), however I feel going addon-less was a mistake, and it's DBM time for me.
    didnt have DMB or bigwiggs on so i had to look at the big orc because he kept spell locking me for whole 4 seconds other than that its pretty easy fight when it comes to overall healing