Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    parasite
    [par-uh-sahyt] Spell Syllables
    Synonyms Examples Word Origin
    noun
    1. Biology: An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

Learn your words, period.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitism
    "Parasitism is a non-mutual symbiotic relationship between species, where one species, the parasite, benefits at the expense of the other, the host."
    Been there done that argument already multiple times you lose that always by a landslide stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    "Parasitism is a non-mutual symbiotic relationship between species, where one species, the parasite, benefits at the expense of the other, the host."
    Been there done that argument already multiple times you lose that always by a landslide stop it.
    Sorry for using the term parasite. My point was that the fetus is completely dependent on the woman's body, which is true if the fetus is considered a parasite or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    Also, you keep talking as if a fetus is a complete and structured human being, which is not.
    Till the 4th or 5th month or so it's a parasite that needs to feed on the host to grow INTO a human being. It has no thought process nor it knows what life is.
    This is why I'm against abortion.
    Is this how low humanity has fallen? Calling the unborn "parasites"?

I wonder. Did your mother consider you a parasite while you sat in her womb?

It's disgusting and horrifying at the same time. This planet is an insane asylum and humans are the inmates. There's no other explanation. How do I get off?

Because not everything that made your existance possible is good afterall and not everything that did the opposite is bad by default just to prove that your argument is nonesense and should be instantly dismissed.

Your "value of life" standards are odd, do you apply those standards selective or do you support the millitary?
    We should live in society where the punishment comes after the crime, so the human being that is created in any circumstance should be allowed to live normally. How dare you say my argument is nonsense and should be instantly dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    And I get why those people wouldn't want to abort one of their own pregnancies, but why do they want to force other people to go through with theirs?
    I guess you could ask the question "Why are people against murder?" and then use the same reasoning you just did. Why would it be any different? If you believe that the fetus is a living baby, then how would it be any different from murder?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    Sorry for using the term parasite. My point was that the fetus is completely dependent on the woman's body, which is true if the fetus is considered a parasite or not.
    And why does that matter in the slightest?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-11-19 at 11:00 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Because killing a fetus is literally no different than killing another human being outside the womb, like an adult (which is called murder and is illegal). A fetus is a human. If a fetus isn't a human, then none of us are humans either.

The only time aborting a fetus should be allowed is if it is threatening to kill or seriously harm the mother or if the fetus is determined to be non-viable if the pregnancy is allowed to go full term. The only real "grey area" with determining whether an abortion should be allowed or not is in the case of rape, which is a difficult situation to address.

And seriously people. If you are going to be fucking people and DON'T want a kid, then either get on birth control or use a fucking condom. It's common sense.....something most people seem to lack in this day and age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    We should live in society where the punishment comes after the crime, so the human being that is created in any circumstance should be allowed to live normally. How dare you say my argument is nonsense and should be instantly dismissed.
    Its an cheap empty husk of argument that targets the emotions of people and their survival instinct.

"What a World without me? No to Abortion" But its not a logical conclusion because no at that point I had neither conscience or was there as a Person so it would've been fine to abort me because it was not yet me.

The hypothetical me could've been prevented by 100 of things that would've been better for 100s of People so you should start debating with the actual world instead of your abstracts.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-11-19 at 11:02 AM.

I may sound like a nazi, but I think fetuses that are known to be born with severe physical or mental handicaps should be aborted. Allowing it to live would be a burden on itself as well as on the parents and society as a whole. I'm talking about children with missing limbs or mental deficiencies, that would never be able to live a normal life or even support themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    This is why I'm against abortion.
    Is this how low humanity has fallen? Calling the unborn "parasites"?

I wonder. Did your mother consider you a parasite while you sat in her womb?

It's disgusting and horrifying at the same time. This planet is an insane asylum and humans are the inmates. There's no other explanation. How do I get off?
    It's your choice to consider the term "parasite" as something "bad", and it's your choice to be offended by his use of language. I don't see any substantial points in it, though... I mean, unless I'm wrong, then point them out please.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2014-11-19 at 11:03 AM.

Let's say you have a disabled person that is solely dependent on one person, called Bob. Now, let's also assume that Bob never wanted this disabled person to be dependent on him. If Bob decides to stop taking care of this person, the disabled person will surely die. No one else can save the disabled person.

If Bob decides not to take care of this person, and the person ends up dying, did he kill this person? If so, to what degree? Did Bob do something immoral?

Now let's say that other people can save this disabled person.

If Bob decides not to take care of this person, and someone saves this person such that they end up surviving, did Bob do something immoral?
    Lets say we have you, when you were just a new born. Your parents decide that they never wanted to have you be dependent on them. If your parents decide to stop taking care of you, you will surely die. Your parents stop feeding you and put you outside, where you die. Did you parents do something immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The ethical question here is when is am embryo starting to be a human instead of a "thing".
    I think we all can agree that killing a four year old because it was a "rape child", unwanted or the parents cannot sustain it would be wrong.
    So where is the line when it starts to be murder instead of removing an unwarted body part?

Since there is no easy answer for that it depends on your individual ethical or even religious view.
    Well I believe when the fetus has grown to a certain stage you should not have an abortion because he or she is alive if barely. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with having an abortion as child before that stage is just a lump of cells rather than a fully form individual. I understand where Religion is coming from, but like anything else. Most of the good is just twisted into dumb ass commandments. The Real question is: Do we know for certain what time and stage of a pregnancy an abortion would be an abortion or child murder?

Deleted
    Lets say we have you, when you were just a new born. Your parents decide that they never wanted to have you be dependent on them. If your parents decide to stop taking care of you, you will surely die. Your parents stop feeding you and put you outside, where you die. Did you parents do something immoral?
    Lets say your father masturbates on a petri dish with egg cells and throws it away is that immoral?

Ahh, yes they did, because they could've sent me to an adoption center. In other words, my parents aren't the only ones who are possible of keeping me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Do you consider fertility clinic patients to be mass murderers?
    Do parents go to fertility clinics go there to destroy their embryos?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's really not a difficult concept to understand. Many people don't accept the ridiculous notion that a fetus isn't a person or a valid life just because it hasn't been born yet. I'm against abortion for the same reason I'm against random murder. Killing someone just because they're an inconvenience to you isn't okay. If it was I'd have killed a whole lot of people over the years. Don't knock someone up or get knocked up if you don't want a kid. Most reasonable people don't have a problem with abortion when it comes to rape victims though.
    You're against abortion because you think it's akin to killing someone just because they're an inconvenience to you but you think it's reasonable to allow it in cases of rape yet, if we follow this logic, having an abortion as a rape victim is killing someone just because it inconveniences you; why should the fetus (a person by your worldview) be killed simply because of the actions of other people?
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Because some people equate it with murder.

Regarding birth defects. Some people are against the death penalty because even the slightest chance that the accused is innocent means the death penalty is wrong. Other people take a similar view of abortion, in that even the slightest chance that doctors are wrong that the child will die in the first year from some complication means abortion is wrong.

Other people assume the courts are ALWAYS right every time and so the death penalty is ok. Other people assume doctors are ALWAYS right every time so abortion is ok when it comes to birth defects.

Quote Originally Posted by Totesmcgoats View Post
    Because killing a fetus is literally no different than killing another human being outside the womb, like an adult (which is called murder and is illegal). A fetus is a human. If a fetus isn't a human, then none of us are humans either.
    So fertility clinic patients are mass murderers, right? And I assume you calculate your age from your date of conception instead of your date of birth, because that's when your life actually began?

Deleted
    Do parents go to fertility clinics go there to destroy their embryos?
    You twist and bend because your view of things is dogmatic you make the world work around your argument not the other way around.

If I kill 2000 innocent People to safe my unborn child is that allright?

It's your choice to consider the term "parasite" as something "bad", and it's your choice to be offended by his use of language. I don't see any substantial points in it, though... I mean, unless I'm wrong, then point them out please.
    Don't play games. You know exactly the context in which he was using the word.

I want anyone who follows his line of thinking to answer my question: did your mothers consider you a parasite while you sat in her womb?

Wikipedia is your argument? lmao
    And nonetheless it says exactly what I said, except the between species sentence (which is not at all important imho).
    What makes a parasite is the type of relationship between the 2 organisms.