Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

glyph of dark soul

any1 notice this shit bugging out every now and then and just locking your ability to use Dark Soul? or am I high? as Demonology.

Deleted
    yes its buggy, i reported this a few days ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamuhl View Post
    any1 notice this shit bugging out every now and then and just locking your ability to use Dark Soul? or am I high? as Demonology.
    It was bugged when I raid tested in beta and it still is bugged. Math shows it's a DPS gain only with I believe Demonbolt Demo, the game doesn't recognize the new interval / cooldown of Dark Soul, that's what screws up the spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really found this glyph useful outside playing demo with demonbolt or questing with cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Haven't really found this glyph useful outside playing demo with demonbolt or questing with cataclysm.
    Yeah that's the only niche I see it happening too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Yeah that's the only niche I see it happening too.
    Well I guess it is useful in Everbloom, you get about a good sized trash pack every minute or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Well I guess it is useful in Everbloom, you get about a good sized trash pack every minute or so
    We skip almost that whole place of trash, suicide running with Soulstone / climbing up mountains.

Useful for every spec...

But yeah pretty sure it's not recognizing the shortened CD and just prevents you from casting it. I had times where I was sitting on 2 charges and couldn't cast the spell.

Is pretty irritating so I just avoid using it + AD together. Just use one or the other depending on the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Useful for every spec...

But yeah pretty sure it's not recognizing the shortened CD and just prevents you from casting it. I had times where I was sitting on 2 charges and couldn't cast the spell.

Is pretty irritating so I just avoid using it + AD together. Just use one or the other depending on the situation.
    Destro it's a DPS loss as well as Affliction.

Destro it's a DPS loss as well as Affliction.
    How do you figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you figure.
    Math.

/10char

Math.

/10char
    Saying the word math isn't indicative of anything.

Answer the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying the word math isn't indicative of anything.

Answer the question.
    No need to get aggressive. The sims I ran and other live tests state this conclusion.

No need to get aggressive. The sims I ran and other live tests state this conclusion.
    Not sure how, considering it objectively lets you cast more buffed Chaos Bolts every 2 minutes with DS up than otherwise.

Last I checked the sims APL for destruction is not exactly perfect, and live tests are anecdotal at best.

Don't need any math to common sense through a few things:

Without AD you have the exact same up time.

With AD you have either 10 less seconds of DS per fight or the same amount depending on fight length with glyph.

If you generate 4 embers faster than once every 2 minutes it is advantageous for destruction for the same reason it is advantageous for demonology with demonbolt.

For aff you're reapplying SB haunt every 30 seconds, which means every other SB haunt lines up with a DS. Haunt lasts 12 seconds... ds lasts 10... UA lasts 14... which means you're casting buffed drain soul for the full 12 seconds of haunt vs having to refresh haunt + UA during a 20 second dark soul.

Having a hard time seeing how using DS up time more efficiently is a dps loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Not sure how, considering it objectively lets you cast more buffed Chaos Bolts every 2 minutes with DS up than otherwise.
    Tests I've done / sims show that DS a DPS loss. I'll retest it again though.

Last I checked the sims APL for destruction is not exactly perfect, and live tests are anecdotal at best.

Don't need any math to common sense through a few things:

Without AD you have the exact same up time.

With AD you have either 10 less seconds of DS per fight or the same amount depending on fight length with glyph.

If you generate 4 embers faster than once every 2 minutes it is advantageous for destruction for the same reason it is advantageous for demonology with demonbolt.

For aff you're reapplying SB haunt every 30 seconds, which means every other SB haunt lines up with a DS. Haunt lasts 12 seconds... ds lasts 10... UA lasts 14... which means you're casting buffed drain soul for the full 12 seconds of haunt vs having to refresh haunt + UA during a 20 second dark soul.

Having a hard time seeing how using DS up time more efficiently is a dps loss.
    Feel free to work your magic and improve my apl.

The difference between glyph and no glyph with demonic servitude is 0.769% with an error margin of 0.029%.

Glyphed gets 0.758% more chaos bolt damage, but loses 0.731% incinerate damage. You all also ignore the fact that int pots are a major portion of our dps now, and having a full 20 second dark soul on pull in conjunction with it bumps 0.78% more doomguard damage in favor of no glyph.

With cataclysm it's a full 1.01% behind, the margin grows because you spend 3 seconds out of that 10 second dark soul casting cataclysm.

Let's sit here and argue semantics because 'loss' means 'completely dogshit worthless.'

Back on topic...I wouldn't get your hopes up for the bug getting fixed any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Chaos bolt isn't the only source of damage. It's not even the top patchwerk, doomguard says hello!
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Feel free to work your magic and improve my apl.
    You seem to take this very personally... I can't imagine the bitch you flipped when hazzikostas I believe it was took a jab at simc.

When your APL does shit like:

2:01.523 dark_soul Fluffy_Pillow 40% mana | 0.2 burning_ember

that takes me all of 2 seconds to spot, you gotta wonder why the hell you get upset when people say the APL is doing dumb shit.

You seem to take this very personally... I can't imagine the bitch you flipped when hazzikostas I believe it was took a jab at simc.

When your APL does shit like:

2:01.523 dark_soul Fluffy_Pillow 40% mana | 0.2 burning_ember

that takes me all of 2 seconds to spot, you gotta wonder why the hell you get upset when people say the APL is doing dumb shit.
    You're the one here making baseless claims about a topic you know nothing of. You post an argument that my APL is doing dumb shit because it used dark soul at 0.2 burning embers, that has absolutely no support.

Are you arguing that it should have pooled the embers before dark soul and wasted the proc it dumped them for?
    Are you arguing that it should have delayed dark soul until it had embers?

Neither of those things would result in a gain, so I'm really not sure what you're arguing here.

If you think the APL is so bad how about you try to make it better instead of just saying it's bad and dismissing it.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Can you explain the reasoning behind that? Im a little confused. The way I see it is there were 2 possibilities, assuming AD spec.

1) You had a DS charge up for the trinket proc. It wasn't used, and so when DS came off CD with 0.2 embers it popped DS because the charges were capped. Should have popped the spare charge with the proc, then pooled embers before using the second charge.

2) No DS charge for the trinket proc. DS comes off CD. We are still recharging charge 2 so there's no loss from pooling embers.

I guess it could be 1) assuming you had something more important to use that spare charge on? As an aside, are any of the trinket procs available right now even more powerful than 30% crit? Seems dubious, but again I'm not sure.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.