Deleted

Necrotic Plague for outdoor content.

Seems like a waste to actually pick it for quests, bonus objectives, mats farming or anything of the sort. Ramp up is just way too slow for it to ever catch up to FF & BP. Seems like it's only useful for raids in theory because even in heroics it's just bad.

Defile still seems to be the best out there.

Thoughts? Think they should reduce # of stacks to 5-8-10 perhaps?

Deleted
    15 stacks is fine in my opinion, it just needs to be a significant DPS increase if you are able to maintain those stacks. over 5% higher than Defile at least because it's so one-dimensional.

Necrotic Plague was a good idea that was totally botched in execution, providing none of the convenience that would make it workable (a talent that upgrades diseases should not end up making them less convenient) and doing little to reward the idea at the core of the ability, thanks to the pitifully low max stack count.

All three level 100 Death Knight talents right now are terrible. Defile's the least terrible by far, but I have some serious beef with putting a ground-target spell in my single-target rotation. They all also happen to suck in PvP. It feels entirely like Blizzard decided that they were all done with these abilities pretty early in the beta and made none of the necessary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    but I have some serious beef with putting a ground-target spell in my single-target rotation.
    so much this! also goes for Destruction locks with RoF :<

I hate using Defile too. If NPlague was closer to Defile, I... well, it still wouldn't be any good for outdoor content, but I would certainly take it for group content and raids.