Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    But omg it seems so much more difficult than MoP
    Did you do challenge modes when they first came out in MoP? I agree these are a bit more unforgiving in certain areas but MoP cmodes in 463 blue gear were no joke either. A lot of people forget how much easier cmodes became in MoP over the course of 2 years and like 30 additional sockets on gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Did you do challenge modes when they first came out in MoP? I agree these are a bit more unforgiving in certain areas but MoP cmodes in 463 blue gear were no joke either. A lot of people forget how much easier cmodes became in MoP over the course of 2 years and like 30 additional sockets on gear.
    Personally it was more about replacing that rogue/warr dps with a warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I did it a month after the release actually as a Rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Personally it was more about replacing that rogue/warr dps with a warlock.
    Do people really dislike rogues in CMs that much? I thought combat was pretty strong!

Deleted
    Got Bronze in Skyreach tonight, with a cockup after the first boss (Shaman sat to drink on the stairs, not knowing the Raven paths down and pulled all the trash, which then spawn camped us since people tried to run away), had some deaths on first boss, 2nd and 3rd went smooth, then we got screwed trying to invis past the last trash packs not realising the Dread Raven can see stealth.

Could probably have had Silver very comfortably; we were still CCing carefully and killing 1 mob at a time. End time was 34mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Being literally the only group that does the instance and that doesn't even get bronze shouldn't get you a tittle, these groups would never get the tittles if they had to compete for them.
    Why not?

They were the quickest group to get the instance complete. If noone else has been in there/finished it, how is that their fault?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Do people really dislike rogues in CMs that much? I thought combat was pretty strong!
    No idea about people but was pretty much what i remember, AOE damage was better with ele / lock -especially as the number of targets increased and those trash groups made more of the instance run than the bosses were you could top meters. Group Stealth was usefull in 2 cms but you could've done the same with potions. So overall i think rogue was the weaker class for cms. Not to mention that a bad ranged was better than a bad meele because the meele would get cleaved to dead. If you look at hc raid guilds many will also say fuck meele we rather take a ranged it's easier. wod cm's look also the same even ignoring damage, you can break mechanics by simply being ranged. Take the train.
    First boss you can just keep dpsing the goblin ignoring his jupming away ability, second boss you can hide and still dps well.

Deleted
    Being literally the only group that does the instance and that doesn't even get bronze shouldn't get you a tittle, these groups would never get the tittles if they had to compete for them.
    How about you go and kick them off their throne?

Oh, I forgot

Challenge mode in MoP got uber nerfed in 5.2 with the aoe cap doubling.

Deleted
    They're really hard, but mostly it's the nerf to AoE healing combined with the increase to AoE damage and movement in most encounters. The mana situation feels good, and I agree with the nerf to smart heals because of how they used to work in raids, but the actual numerical power of AoE heals didn't ever seem to be the problem. It was the fact that they automatically applied to the right targets without needing your input, and the fact that mana was unlimited, neither of which are the case anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    That's not true, I got the title/FoS from most of the WoD CMs, simply because we were the first ones in there. When we started doing CMs, we had an average ilvl og 605-610, now that we've grinded more HC dungeons, we've been able to do those CMs a lot faster, and we're now miles ahead of anyone trying as well.

Maybe there isn't much competition about the first set of FoS that's being dealt out, but it shows commitment and dedication, and that's fine by me.
    The titles are about being the best not being the first to to clear in 2 hours, my group had some of the best times in MoP and have some now and I think its still stupid that we can get them, they should have done it like in MoP and added the tittles in a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Why not?

They were the quickest group to get the instance complete. If noone else has been in there/finished it, how is that their fault?
    Outside of the daily quests the 2 groups on my server that would be competing for the times haven't done most of them, there are groups that are getting 2 hour timers and getting the tittle and I really don't think they deserve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    How about you go and kick them off their throne?

Oh, I forgot
    The shit talking is great just a shame my group had realm best times on every CM in MoP that we pushed times for, we'll kick them out when it's either the daily quest or we all have full gear and go for good times, I see no point in wasting time getting anything below gold at this point.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2014-11-20 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    The shit talking is great just a shame my group had realm best times on every CM in MoP that we pushed times for, we'll kick them out when it's either the daily quest or we all have full gear and go for good times, I see no point in wasting time getting anything below gold at this point.
    It feels like you're the one shit talking..
    And looking at the armory you have wasted time getting things below gold :$

#awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    It feels like you're the one shit talking..
    And looking at the armory you have wasted time getting things below gold :$

#awkward
    So much time wasted doing the daily quest for CM's and getting 640 gear...
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2014-11-20 at 08:15 AM.

So much time wasted doing the daily quest for CM's and getting 640 gear...
    surely given a non-serious player like myself has had 625+ for a few days now that means you've had it since the saturday if not friday? meaning gear isn't whats holding you back.

Oh and:

I see no point in wasting time getting anything below gold at this point.
    ^ also you seem to have forgot you said this, so just reminding you
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Challenge mode in MoP got uber nerfed in 5.2 with the aoe cap doubling.
    It's funny how people just jump immediately on the "lol 25 sockets" bandwagon, as if it wasn't known from the first week of MoP that sockets didn't scale and everyone wasn't stacking as many 483-496 socketed pieces as they could.

It's also not coincidental that most of the specs that ended up being OP for MoP CMs were handed baseline buffs (elemental shaman, frost mage, etc) or just utilizing broken mechanics (vengeance multiplied by secondary stacking tanks, "full retard" atonement DPS). People are also quick to underrate the difficulty of 5.0 challenge modes. The first gold runs I recall were done with hybrid DPS off-healers because the timers were incredibly tight before people figured out every possible shortcut to cheese them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ^ also you seem to have forgot you said this, so just reminding you
    He was saying that he's going to beat people posting sub-bronze times when he goes for gold, anyway, and for now he's only doing the runs for the daily reward box. You're misinterpreting what he said. The ego here is pretty silly all around, just put it away.

IMO, awarding a FoS and title for anything under gold is stupid. First one to gold is far more deserving than people doing 3 hour wipefests.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    IMO, awarding a FoS and title for anything under gold is stupid. First one to gold is far more deserving than people doing 3 hour wipefests.
    Agreed, the titles and feats of strength should have either been limited to gold or brought in with a future patch (I think MoP titles + FoS came in 5.2?)

Wiping constantly or CC'ing every mob and pulling one at a time and finishing with a 1 hour or longer clear should not reward you with the title and feat ESPECIALLY if there is going to be a Mistwalker equivalent for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    He was saying that he's going to beat people posting sub-bronze times when he goes for gold, anyway, and for now he's only doing the runs for the daily reward box. You're misinterpreting what he said. The ego here is pretty silly all around, just put it away.

How am I misenterpreting what he said? He's brushing off people who currently have better times as shit by saying hes not really trying yet. He should put his money where his mouth is or fuck off back to school with the other kids feeling they need to say such things.

Why is suddenly everyone trying super hard at times but him? They're not unless they're currently going for gold. Most realms don't even HAVE realm best times unless there are gold clear (or at least gold attempts), or it was the daily for that CM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Honestly they're not much harder than MoP CMs were at the start of the expansion which 95% of the playerbase (random number to show how few people did them before the gem/general player buff power creep set in) never saw.

The main difference is the boss difficulty has been ramped up compared to MoP which was mostly just about the trash.

Additionally the 2-3 hour runs people are hearing about contain groups with lower ilevel than the cap, no enchants or properly itemized gear, no flasks/food/invis pots, random setups, no knowledge of the basic dungeon tactics, no knowledge of the eventual tips and tricks that will turn up in the video guides in the next couple of months.

EDIT: I was actually surprised how easy the trash was in WoD CMs, or maybe it was just because the difference between the heroic and CM versions are much smaller this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Most realms don't even HAVE realm best times unless there are gold clear (or at least gold attempts), or it was the daily for that CM.
    That's pretty much the point, a group gets some random time on a dungeon that hasn't been the daily and they get permanently rewarded with the feat of strength (and the next Mistwalker title if that add that again). Those achievements are supposed to be exclusive and reserved for people who put in the effort to min/max their strat and class. It seems silly for that to be awarded to people who didn't even make the bronze timer.
    Last edited by Thunderbox; 2014-11-20 at 08:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    The gear from bosses that drop in Challenge modes, are they defaulted as 636 (Heroic Warforged?) Or are they just standard Heroic gear drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    The gear from bosses that drop in Challenge modes, are they defaulted as 636 (Heroic Warforged?) Or are they just standard Heroic gear drops?
    There is no gear drop in CM's. It's all about transmog, mount and realm best times. There is a daily that rewards you with an ilvl 640 epic.

OT: CM's were NOT easier back in MoP. It was easier to gear back then and enchant multiple pieces to make you stronger. GL doing Brewery without the healer going DPS at last boss.