Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He gave up his license.
    Ah. Missed that part. Good.

- - - Updated - - -

Prosecutors don't give a fuck about justice, it's about convictions.
    What? It's not like its a justice system... oh wait...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    I am truly stunned by the stupidity of this statement and logic.
    Its your own stupidity that stuns you, not mine.

Prosecutors don't give a fuck about justice, it's about convictions.
    Justice? What is "justice"? Justice means different things, it all depends on where you stand on an issue. The people in Ferguson want "Justice", yet if the grand jury doesnt indict, do you think those people will say "Well, justice was served." and return home?

To prosecutors, Justice = Convictions. To defendants Justice = Acquittal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    And the prosecutor gets a light punishment because if he got a heavy punisment, it would discourage others to admit mistakes.

No, the prosecutor should get a 25 year sentence to discourage others from defrauding the legal system

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Justice? What is "justice"? Justice means different things, it all depends on where you stand on an issue. The people in Ferguson want "Justice", yet if the grand jury doesnt indict, do you think those people will say "Well, justice was served." and return home?

To prosecutors, Justice = Convictions. To defendants Justice = Acquittal.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the prosecutor should get a 25 year sentence to discourage others from defrauding the legal system
    Don't try and get poetic with that bullshit.

Justice is a fair and honest trial.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

A direct headshot into an argument if such a thing exists.

Good shit dude.

lol, I just call it as I see it. Take for example Ferguson. We should hear any day now if the grand jury will indict. If they dont, what are the odds it gets ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Is this a bad joke? In that case i dont get it.

"We should give light punishment for murderers, then more people might admit to murder" Does this sound like a good argument?

What makes you think that a lawyer will admit his/her crimes more then any other person breaking the law?

I am truly stunned by the stupidity of this statement and logic.
    What you are pointing out is the same manner of thinking which has essentially created two sets of laws in this country, a set of laws for those who do not have power and require harsh punishment for stepping out of line, and a set of 'laws' for the privileged and powerful. Only under such an insane system can we have people thrown in jail for decades over possessing a small amount of marijuana, yet banks launder hundreds of billions of dollars for South American drug cartels and nobody goes to jail. (which in my opinion makes the bankers complicit in the mass murders of tens of thousands of people all over South America)
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    What you are pointing out is the same manner of thinking which has essentially created two sets of laws in this country, a set of laws for those who do not have power and require harsh punishment for stepping out of line, and a set of 'laws' for the privileged and powerful. Only under such an insane system can we have people thrown in jail for decades over possessing a small amount of marijuana, yet banks launder hundreds of billions of dollars for South American drug cartels and nobody goes to jail. (which in my opinion makes the bankers complicit in the mass murders of tens of thousands of people all over South America)
    Anyone remember this guy?

Though Robert H. Richards IV was convicted of rape, the wealthy heir to the du Pont family fortune was spared prison by a Delaware court in 2009 because he would "not fare well" behind bars, according to court documents CNN obtained Tuesday.

Richards is a great-grandson of the chemical magnate Irenee du Pont.

He received an eight-year prison sentence in 2009 for raping his toddler daughter, but the sentencing order signed by a Delaware judge said "defendant will not fare well" in prison and the eight years were suspended.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/justic...ont-rape-case/

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I remember that one, Andalite.

"Oh, I know he raped his toddler daughter, but prison is just... so not his scene. He wouldn't be able to handle it. You understand, of course? Good, good. Now about those anonymous donations to your next campaign..."

Just hope the fuck had his daughter taken away from him, and not given to his parents either.