Holy Priest & Tailoring

Hello my fellow priests,

I wanted to ask if anyone has an idea about which crafted items they are thinking on getting (as well as if its even worth getting). My hope would be pieces that theoretically will last the longest. I figure I def don't want any tier slots due to how prayer of mendings interaction with our set bonus, but idk what else would be ideal. with Any advice would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by eraticusresto View Post
    Hello my fellow priests,

I wanted to ask if anyone has an idea about which crafted items they are thinking on getting (as well as if its even worth getting). My hope would be pieces that theoretically will last the longest. I figure I def don't want any tier slots due to how prayer of mendings interaction with our set bonus, but idk what else would be ideal. with Any advice would be awesome!
    Well this doesnt leave many choices tbh..

Looking at what we could theoretically craft, excluding trinkets, rings and necks and weapons. And you eliminated 4 (5) items slots with the tier, that leaves; Boots, belt, bracers and cloaks - and you can wear 3 Craftable items.

So if we continue disregarding the items you cant craft with tailoring, you can wear 3 out of the possible 4.

Personally, im prob going for the belt and boots, and prob cloak, depending on my luck with worldbosses once my guild / server starts doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soiprax View Post

Looking at what we could theoretically craft, excluding trinkets, rings and necks and weapons. And you eliminated 4 (5) items slots with the tier, that leaves; Boots, belt, bracers and cloaks - and you can wear 3 Craftable items.

So if we continue disregarding the items you cant craft with tailoring, you can wear 3 out of the possible 4.

Personally, im prob going for the belt and boots, and prob cloak, depending on my luck with worldbosses once my guild / server starts doing them.
    I remember seeing somewhere that boots are a tier slot now?

I'm also going to avoid the tier slots so that leaves me with bracers, belt, and cloak. I also have JC so I thing I'm going to go with Bracers, Belt and Ammy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas311 View Post
    I remember seeing somewhere that boots are a tier slot now?

I'm also going to avoid the tier slots so that leaves me with bracers, belt, and cloak. I also have JC so I thing I'm going to go with Bracers, Belt and Ammy.
    Boots are not tier pieces. It's still the 5 normal tier pieces Head Shoulders Chest Gloves Legs.

There is no tier gear until the second raid is released. You're probably looking at around the start of February at the earliest for tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Boots are not tier pieces. It's still the 5 normal tier pieces Head Shoulders Chest Gloves Legs.
    and boots

http://www.wowdb.com/items/120378-ebonflame-sandals

from lfr.

Deleted
    It all depends on how much gear i get from the daily CMs i'm going to start doing.

But right now i'm putting my chances on the belt and boots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soiprax View Post

Out of the 4 craftable gear he wants, belt has the highest stats.

Deleted
    Wait for first clear of HC and N before crafting. Coupled with CMs and other sources, better to just stockpile the resources and wait for drops with decisionmaking.

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry about replacing them for set pieces this early on, tier is from the second raid of the tier.

For me i have 2 ideas for crafted gear:

- Wait until a few days before raiding starts, by this point you will have done all your CM dailies, World Bosses, Random World Drops or even buying BoE's from the Auction House. By this point you will have done everything you can to gear and as raids will be released soon, you will have saved enough mats to craft 2-3 pieces, as you're not going to replace them with CM gear or something like that you can safely craft the pieces which will be the biggest upgrade for you at that time and go on to raiding in a decent gear set.

- Craft the gear as soon as you can and buy/make the ability to re-roll the stats until you get the optimal stats and pray to god you don't get the same item from World Bosses or CM daily.

Tbh I might do the first one personally, i don't really see any immediate benefit of crafting the gear now, since everyone else is doing the same you will be able to pick up some cheap BoE pieces and then when raiding comes out, a few days before fully be able to maximise your gear potential. Yea you might not get lucky enough to have the best stats at that moment, but you'll at least have as many epics as you can before raiding does start, because at the end of the day; raw stats is always good.

Deleted
    I don't expect to clear the raid first week since i'm in more of a friends and family kind of guild now.

I'm looking at what drops from the first couple of bosses etc and will fill the rest with crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    There is no tier gear until the second raid is released. You're probably looking at around the start of February at the earliest for tier.
    Whoa, what? When was this announced?

I won't be able to PoM 9 people in 1 cast, or have Archangel on every cooldown without smite, until February?

Deleted
    Blizz said that Blackrock Foundry will open several weeks after Highmaul. Tier only drops in Foundry.

Same like it was with MSV and HoF/TeS.

Well, I guess that gives us ample time to actually complete one raid before moving on to the next. Lovely, blizz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post

oh.... lfr.

ok.

Build a chest piece. Highest stats + There's only a single chest in Highmaul.

Unfortunately I already have a perfectly itemized 640 chest...